PDA

View Full Version : Polo Boot Installs

MKIVF
24-03-2008, 11:56 AM
Anyone have pictures of Polo boot installs they could shoot through.

Looking at putting two amps and a sub in, and am looking or some ideas.

Mr İharisma
24-03-2008, 04:45 PM
You should just have a look around for any smallish hatch installs ( Mirage / Clio etc ) and not just Polo's.

ScienceVR6
24-03-2008, 10:31 PM
I did a very tight istall for Clarion in a barina with a single 12" in a fibreglass box, with 2 big amps, and a cap, but i lost the photo's

Celestine
24-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Here's a link to what I once had in my Polo when I was competing in SQ. I had two Image Dynamics 8" subs in the back with a false floor (not pictured)... If you want ideas, or any other info, let me know.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2008/03/DSC00362-2.jpg

MKIVF
24-03-2008, 11:04 PM
Hmmm Celestine - I was thinking of doing the same thing... taking out the spare and dropping a sub in there. Much easier the integrating into the sides, plus I can build a false floor and run the amps in there.:?

Celestine
24-03-2008, 11:11 PM
I initially thought of putting them into the sides. However, there is one major issue - there is insufficient space/volume for the subwoofers. If you look carefully, I had an Audison SRx3 slapped onto the sub box in the photo. Furthermore, if you decided to mold it in via the sides, you'd have to use fibreglass, which is hard to work with and costly...

ScienceVR6
25-03-2008, 06:08 PM
I initially thought of putting them into the sides. However, there is one major issue - there is insufficient space/volume for the subwoofers. If you look carefully, I had an Audison SRx3 slapped onto the sub box in the photo. Furthermore, if you decided to mold it in via the sides, you'd have to use fibreglass, which is hard to work with and costly...
That was the reasone we glassed the box for the barina. I wouldn't do it in my car, i don't have the money.