PDA

View Full Version : SEAT Cordoba and Ibiza

Golf Loon
22-05-2005, 08:47 PM
Just bought a Seat Cordoba and almost evry part is from the VW spares bin. Where are all the Seat owners? They are great cars and would be a cheap option for the wannabee VW owner.

imported_brackie
23-05-2005, 05:29 PM
The wife of the boss of Discovery Automotive in Perth (where I used to live) has a Cordoba. It's built on a Golf with variations. She loves it and it has NEVER let her down in almost 10 years. Yeah, Matt, I have thought seriously about buying one as they can be picked up quite cheaply. Being a diesel nut, of course I would do a transplant......

Bluerex
03-06-2005, 10:25 PM
Brother Chris currently has custody of our Cordoba, visited last weekend and got to drive the little beast again. I had forgotten just how nice a drive it is. Smooth, quite and while a little soft (thanks to the monotronic I think) very easy to take up to and cruise at the speed limit in country SA.

Just remember to feed it 98 RON or it pings like a b*tch

Charles.

Golf Loon
04-06-2005, 06:08 PM
There were at least 3 cordobas for $3000 is in the Sydney Trading post last week, all 95 or 96 models. Thats good buying for a cheap car i reckon. Mk3 Golf for half price!

TassieGTi
04-06-2005, 11:31 PM
Seat Cordobas are based onthe Polo chassis or really the other way around.the Seat came out well before the Polo.
The good thing about Cordobas is they have the 1.8 Vw motor and not the puny Polo 1.4.
Of course Ibzas have the 1.4 and the Ibiza GTIs have the 2 litre 8 valve, but the best one is the Ibiza Cupra with the 2 litre 16valve and they go for a reasonable price too and go hard on the road.

DVR68U
24-06-2005, 12:08 AM
yeah i got the motor out of that wrecked cordoba looney had , 1.8lts of fun hopefully :D
cheers brenton

imported_brackie
24-06-2005, 07:03 AM
Seat Cordobas are based onthe Polo chassis or really the other way around.the Seat came out well before the Polo.

Hang on... I thought it was the other way 'round! I was under the impression Cordobas were built on the Golf platform and Ibizas on the Polo. Please explain.....

Golfwise
24-06-2005, 09:11 AM
Seat beat VW to by a year or so.
What does it matter its all owned by VAG anyway.
Audi A3 came out a couple of years before the Golf 4 and they are the same platform.Same as the Audi A4 was before the Passat.VW are last to use their chassis.New A3s were ahead of the Golf 5 etc