PDA

View Full Version : Air Conditioning on your Passat

RWK
11-03-2008, 02:57 PM
Hi All,

I am just curious about how does the Air Cond go on your Passat in a very hot day? (eg. 40+ degrees).

Is it cold enough to cool down the cabin or it seems useless under those ridiculous weather.

The air cod in my old Toyota Corolla Sportivo was Ice cold even under extremely hot weather.

Your response to this is highly appreciated. Cheers!!

slitko
11-03-2008, 04:52 PM
My Passat cools down nice and fast even after leaving it in the sun after work. I keep it on Auto and it puts the AC on full power sounds like a jet engine and cools the car down.

richdave
11-03-2008, 04:59 PM
All happy here... but I do have aftermarket tint...

OilBurna
11-03-2008, 09:18 PM
more than happy here just leave it on auto and dial up the temperature that you want..

Jmac
11-03-2008, 09:40 PM
Passat Ac is great but mate on your comment on your Sportivo - and with experience Nippon Denso truley is the best AC on the market, Thats a given.
So if you do notice a difference you are on the money and thats not knocking the VW Ac in any way.
Jmac

3Putt
01-05-2008, 08:13 AM
Have a black Passat, and the A/C can't cope! Not even close.

Not to mention how noisy it is.

WestOiler125
01-05-2008, 11:54 PM
Aircond seems OK but I don't like the vents at all, its very hard to work out where they are pointing. My Mazda 6 had the best vent design I've seen. Also, the soft leather seats are hotter than the Mazda, guess I should expect as this is a European car, but are way ahead in comfort.

Cheers!:rolleyes: