PDA

View Full Version : Chipping & Tuning - what am I up for?

Frufru
09-03-2008, 04:58 PM
I am taking a delivery of a Skoda with 1.9TDi soon (not soon enough as I dont have a car at the moment). Anyway, I was reading Oettinger's pages where they basely say that they could retune (reprogram?) the engine to considerably increase power and torque. Being bit of a maniac on wheels, I like it. But what does it mean as far as:

1) Fuel consumption, how much will it increase?
2) Wear and tear of engine or other associated parts. E.g. are there any parts which will likely 'go' much sooner?
3) Life-span of 1.9TDi engine
4) Do you think it is money well spent?

Can anyone give me any advice or clues where I can find some info?

Cheers

j:

Mischa
09-03-2008, 07:44 PM
I am taking a delivery of a Skoda with 1.9TDi soon (not soon enough as I dont have a car at the moment). Anyway, I was reading Oettinger's pages where they basely say that they could retune (reprogram?) the engine to considerably increase power and torque. Being bit of a maniac on wheels, I like it. But what does it mean as far as:

1) Fuel consumption, how much will it increase?
2) Wear and tear of engine or other associated parts. E.g. are there any parts which will likely 'go' much sooner?
3) Life-span of 1.9TDi engine
4) Do you think it is money well spent?

Can anyone give me any advice or clues where I can find some info?

Cheers

j:

ey pal welcome to the forum.

dont mean to be cold but theres at least a dozen or more threads which answer your questions. search in the diesel and golf mk5 categories and you'll soon know way more about those questions than you wanted :D

make sure you run it in properly, read the sticky thread in the diesel section.

cheers.