PDA

View Full Version : Audi A4 1.8t Quattro

Darks RS
03-03-2008, 06:32 AM
Hey all

I've found a A4 1.8T Qtro..... but

It has the following faults

THe handbrake and the abs lights stay on... whats this mean??

Also, the aircon seems to be working, but it doesn't actually blow - what could the prob be?

Its not too exxy, only 9grand with 192k's. From what i could see, the major service has been done, but until i ring the service place i won't be 100%.

What do you all think of its problems though?
Cheers

Darko

Jmac
03-03-2008, 08:39 AM
You will need a scan there but is suspect unfortunatley that is a sign that it needs a new ABS pump and ECU combined (common) sometimes if the coolant header tank has been leaking it drips down onto the ecu plug and does the ecu. I ve just looked a t a Passat same set up and i am in the process of locating a recycled unit. A/C could be a number of things, could even be simply the ign switch ( common) losing feed to the A/C ecu, again a scan and look at the values at the ECU will tell you. Mate make sure you check out that service history, Cam belt and tensioner a must mate if you are not sure , not only that its piece of mind.
My money would be on the ABS unit for sure and A/C - i wouldnt make a call on that till you have a look further and give a wee bit more info.
Good luck - Quattros are tops mate good strong diff no worries there.
Cheers