03-07-2006, 11:18 PM
the guy filming does nothing but film..lol

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7756282886821803577&q=vw+golf

Satanstoenail
04-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Nnnoooooooooo :(

Oneofthegreats
04-07-2006, 12:33 AM
Mate you've gotta feel for that bloke! Fire can take over pretty quick!
Any car I've owned that has had any serious engine mods has always had a fire extinguisher fitted.

One of my friend's 10 sec street Geniune LJ GTR XU1 Torana burnt to the ground.
He'd just filled up with fuel, drove about 150m, smelt something burning, pulled over & just as he opened the door "BANG" fire took over in an instant.
He didn't even have time to get his wallet or phone which were sitting on the passenger seat!
The car burnt to the ground before the fire brigade & cops got there, was only about 5-10mins.
We worked out the battery + cable had chafed through the grommet in the boot floor & sparked/short circuited & helped along by a fuel cell(venting into the boot too!)full of fuel was the cause.
He'd only owned it for a few weeks & wasn't insured either!

This is the stupid part, the bloke has just lost $20k+ car & personal belongings & to rub it in the fire brigade were going to charge him with a call out fee(even though the car had burnt itself out & they didn't do anything) & the cops were going to charge him a couple of grand for damaging the road surface s!!!!

Golf Loon
04-07-2006, 12:44 AM
Yup Fire extinguisehers are a good idea.

If the guy in this car had poured water on the flame or even blown it out while it was just starting, he probably could have saved it.

maca
12-11-2008, 08:58 PM
Yup Fire extinguisehers are a good idea.

If the guy in this car had poured water on the flame or even blown it out while it was just starting, he probably could have saved it.

Yeah but honestly... Who stops to think (while driving) to pull over and "blow it out"... I can understand in a house where you've got a little more time but when you've got a car (potentially able to explode in any second)... You don't have that frame of mind and you just wanna get the hellouttathere!

No457 Snowy
13-11-2008, 07:05 AM
He'd only owned it for a few weeks & wasn't insured either!

That sounds like the the REALLY stupid part, dumb as in fact!

As far as the Fire Brigade and Police, hey, they're not s they are just doing their job. I mean really, why should the taxpayers fork out because someone has modified their vehicle by moving the battery to the boot and done a dodgy job of running the wiring that's ended up causing a fire and wasting community resources? :x

Snowy

golf3
13-11-2008, 08:07 AM
^^^^^
You just started a sh*& storm!!

Poor bloke only just bought the car!
Imagine how you'd feel!

No457 Snowy
13-11-2008, 08:21 AM
Yeah, I wouldn't have been happy but it would have been insured.

What sh*tstorm?

Snowy

gtimk5
13-11-2008, 08:31 AM
He'd had it for a few weeks though. Doesnt take that long to organise insurance?
He took the gamble on it and paid the price!
Andrew :)

No457 Snowy
13-11-2008, 08:37 AM
Having a car like that for a few weeks ie. rare, unique and valuable and not insuring it is just plain silly. I wish it didn't happen to him or the car, but even Boy Scouts learn to be prepared.

Snowy.

Soundofav6
13-11-2008, 08:37 AM
I wouldn't try blowing.. when my car was on fire, that is exactly what I did, the fire only go bigger LOL .... As I have learnt, fire extingusiher is a good idea.

EVN-88G
13-11-2008, 10:28 AM
I had a fire extinguisher in the back of my old 4WD, found it came in handy when my mate put about 2L too much oil on the BBQ and the entire BBQ went up in flames, pitty the meat was covered in powder tho :duh: