PDA

View Full Version : Week 1 over... Impressions

richdave
28-02-2008, 05:25 PM
First of all... I L.O.V.E. my new car :D

That said not all is rosy or perfect...

I like the Auto lock feature for the doors but man does it CLUNK :(. The wifes beema does the same but much quieter.

I like the "hold" feature on the transmission but would expect it to be default ON rather than OFF :confused:

I can't seem to lock out the front passanger window :? Is this not possible?

The seats are nice enough but by no means luxurious... again perhaps an unfair comparison to the wife's Beema...

Fuel wise, I'm getting around 8.1l/100km which is about what I expected. Mostly around town and it is only 300km old...

Bluetooth still not that happy, no echo but the other party seems to get a lot of road noise... perhaps I need to move the mic after all.

Hmm that's it for now.....

vanDub
28-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Lucky B, at least you are getting to play with the passat.

The recent dealer passats I have seen with 17" wheels appear to be delivered with either Continental, Bridgestone or Pirelli rubber 235/45 R17.

Which did you get and what is your impression as far as road noise goes?

By the way I thought that the 'standard' size for 17" was 225/45 (found a link to tyre tests elsewhere http://www.liam27.com/stuff/EVO_TyreTest_2007_GTI.pdf ) but even the Mondeo diesel runs 235/45 R17.:?

richdave
29-02-2008, 04:34 PM
Lucky B, at least you are getting to play with the passat.

The recent dealer passats I have seen with 17" wheels appear to be delivered with either Continental, Bridgestone or Pirelli rubber 235/45 R17.

Yes... :D playing is fun...

I have the continental 235/45 R17 Sport Contact 2 tyres on mine and they appears to be ok so far. Road noise is not an issue that I have had to consider so I guess they must run reasonably quietly...