PDA

View Full Version : Octavia vRS with 4Motion?

tigger19
25-02-2008, 08:00 PM
I know the Elegance has the Haldex 4motion in the wagon variant. Does anyone know if it may turn up in the vRS? If it does it would a great eventual replacement for anyone in a Bora 4Motion. What do others think?

gregozedobe
25-02-2008, 10:57 PM
AFAIK Skoda haven't released an AWD vRS in Europe and they get a lot more variations there compared with the limited range we get in Oz. If they won't even do a DSG here I don't like your chances in the short term at least, as an "automatic" would be a much more popular marketing option than AWD.

Skoda seem to be positioning the 4WD Octavias as "soft-roaders" by making it available only with the diesels, including the higher-clearance Scout.

Possibly they are protecting the other hi-po AWD models in the VAG model lineup (R32, Passat V6s, Audis etc.), same as they won't do an AWD Golf GTI. IIRC correctly Skoda did do a fast AWD model some years ago, and a lot of people thought it stole sales from a similar Audi model as it was a LOT cheaper than the Audi.

I have read that the new Skoda Superb will be available with a 3.6l V6 and AWD (but it may be priced like the Passat too, if it comes to Oz).

tigger19
26-02-2008, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the information. While I am here today Autospeed just released a review. You can get it here: http://autospeed.com/cms/A_109880/article.html and apologies i suppose i should have done a separate post.
Cheers,
Tigger19