PDA

View Full Version : New LE

Hillbilly
09-07-2021, 12:51 PM
Ill start it off

Have a new LE half way across the Pacific after a weeks holdup at Panama Canal
Have already bought accessories for it from here

Škoda Kamiq - Spare parts catalog (https://www.skoda-parts.com/catalog/kamiq.html)

Even with Expensive Fedex it works out quite a lot less than buying here. You have to email them to get an account for Australia and to get price in AU$ it is pre VAT price + 56%

EG front rubber mats and all mudflaps were $80 cheaper than from Stealer including $107AU Fedex which arrived in 6 days from Czech Republic

Hillbilly
10-08-2021, 07:29 PM
Car has arrived and exceeds expectations. Getting used to its differences from the Tiguan systems.
Have had a play with my OBD Eleven and changed some things.

Drl's off with handbrake
Undertaking on left enabled
Tried to turn off S/S,says its accepted coding so will see tomorrow.
Fitted my BV 750S dashcam.
Was a bit of a job. Used fuse 46 for the Adddafuse which is switch for heated rear seats.
Ran cables across car to left side by going behind carpet against the firewall. Up behind trim by working it behind door seal at top of A pillar I slid a heavy cable tie behind the airbag upwards till it popped out between headlining and windscreen then along to camera mounted to left of centre binnacle.
Was having trouble getting A pillar trim off so did next best thing and it worked fine.
Photos to come

Have a set of security bolts for the mags coming from Czech Republic arriving next week $69 against dealers $110 and the price includes $35 Fedex

Suncoaster
11-08-2021, 12:47 PM
Congratulations Hillbilly; you don't muck around. What's the idea of changing the DRL's? Cheers-John

Hillbilly
11-08-2021, 12:56 PM
Congratulations Hillbilly; you don't muck around. What's the idea of changing the DRL's? Cheers-John

So that when Im playing or you are sitting in it listening to the radio they arent on if you pull the handbrake on. You dont need them if you arent moving!!!!! LOL

Am also going to try for Scandinavian tails which has rears on with DRL's.. Took it out this morning and S/S didnt operate but when I drove into the garage it did so further work to do there maybe. Also will adjust wheel circumference to give truer speedo reading as have done in my Tiguan.

Have u got one and do U want some done

genebaby
11-08-2021, 04:14 PM
My mother's red LE arrived this week, I'll check it out on the weekend.

Flipper Dog
11-08-2021, 08:36 PM
. Also will adjust wheel circumference to give truer speedo reading as have done in my Tiguan.

What do you use as guidance for the value to apply? I had done it in the Golf I had by changing the Dashboard (17)/Long Coding/Wheel circ from version 1 to version 3 with 18" wheels to achieve a 1km under true speed. Originally it was 4km under true speed.
I theorised that as the entry level Golf came with 15" wheels than that would be version 1. Version 2 would there fore be 16" etc. I didn't want to be spot on just a faction under, hence happy with being 1km under.

Hillbilly
11-08-2021, 08:54 PM
What do you use as guidance for the value to apply? I had done it in the Golf I had by changing the Dashboard (17)/Long Coding/Wheel circ from version 1 to version 3 with 18" wheels to achieve a 1km under true speed. Originally it was 4km under true speed.
I theorised that as the entry level Golf came with 15" wheels than that would be version 1. Version 2 would there fore be 16" etc. I didn't want to be spot on just a faction under, hence happy with being 1km under.

I think you mean it OVER READ the speed as its illegal for a speedo to read LESS than actual speed.
If you use a wheel comparator you will find that all the wheels are roughly the same size and are rim sizes are allowed for with skinnier tyres.
I just got an old GPS out and Tried different settings. In the TIG it was reading 4 k over at 100kph and was on size 1 so I changed it to 3 and its bang on now. Haven't tried to see what the Kamiq is reading but will do it in a day or so.
Not sure about your theory as my Tig has 20's on it and was on 1

Suncoaster
13-08-2021, 08:44 AM
No mate, I have a T Cross and a Mk6 Golf. Happy with it, but I hadn't thought about the DRL's not going off if you are stopped listening to the audio. Thanks-Cheers-John

Hillbilly
13-08-2021, 08:52 AM
No mate, I have a T Cross and a Mk6 Golf. Happy with it, but I hadn't thought about the DRL's not going off if you are stopped listening to the audio. Thanks-Cheers-John

Should be able to do it in the T Cross as well. I looked at them but the LE has the 110kw motor which sealed it

Gladbach
06-02-2023, 03:50 PM
Ill start it off

Have a new LE half way across the Pacific after a weeks holdup at Panama Canal
Have already bought accessories for it from here

Škoda Kamiq - Spare parts catalog (https://www.skoda-parts.com/catalog/kamiq.html)

Even with Expensive Fedex it works out quite a lot less than buying here. You have to email them to get an account for Australia and to get price in AU$ it is pre VAT price + 56%

EG front rubber mats and all mudflaps were $80 cheaper than from Stealer including $107AU Fedex which arrived in 6 days from Czech Republic

Thanks for the link for the accessories. I remember you from the Tiguan threads :) I still have my 2017 Tiguan but I've ordered a 2023 Kamiq Signature to replace our second car (an S3).