Control unit: 13 Adaptive Cruise Control
Values:
Overtaking_right_prevention:
Old value: activated
New value: Deactivated

---------------------------------------------------------------

doc_777
16-06-2021, 01:30 PM
Rear wiper dwell/intermittent cycle time (this worked successfully on my 2021 140 sport):

Rear Wiper Delay
09 - Central Electrics
Adaptations
Security Code 31347
Rear Wiper
Select Einzelansteuerung Heckintervallwischen:
Change to: Unabhaengig_der_Fahrzeuggeschwindigkeit (stock = "not active")

Select Einzelansteuerung Heckintervallwischen Zeitintervall 1
Change to: 15s (stock = 7s)

Flipper Dog
26-06-2021, 03:55 PM
Traffic sign recognition - MIB3
This will work for Australian models.
Coding is by OBD11.
You will need to open the bonnet for this to apply.

To display the speed limit on the driver's display. This coding will use road sign detection mode not fusion mode. The front camera will only read speed limits not use any data with speed limits loaded within the maps.

A5-Driver Assistance
Click on Long coding
Press the button on the top right that shows a '0' and '1' to see it Bytes mode; Each Byte has 8 bits (from 0 to 7 included)
Press the right arrow down until you reach Byte 16
Inside Byte 16 activate bit 4 and do not modify the rest
Press the Validate button
Exit Module A5 and enter Module 5F
Click on Adaptation
Search for Vehicle Menu Operation
Enter menu_display_road_sign_identification and change to Active
Enter menu_display_road_sign_identification_over_thresho ld_high and change to Active
Go back to Adaptation and look for Vehicle Function List BAP
Enter traffic_sign_recognition_0x21 and change to Active
Enter traffic_sign_recognition_0x21_msg_bus and change to ' Data Bus Infotainment'
Exit Module 5F and enter Module 17
Click on Long Coding
Press the button on the top right that shows a '0' and '1' to see it Bytes mode; Each Byte has 8 bits (from 0 to 7 included)
Down, press the right arrow until you reach Byte 5
Inside Byte 5 activate bit 2 and do not modify the rest
A5-Driver Assistance
Click on Adaptation
Road sign detection fusion mode
Change to "Road sign detection"
Security Key: 20103

Restart the Infotainment by pressing and holding the power button between 10s to 15s and release.
In the settings of the driving assistants, the option 'Dynamic Road Sign Display' should appear. Tick "Show in instrument cluster" and "Speed warning" to "Visual".
There is also an option to warn when exceeding the speed.

Note: You will now get a warning which indicates that signal recognition is limited. This warning will appear for a few seconds in the instrument cluster after you drive off. This message is only informative and does not produce any problem, error or failure. The recognition of signals will work normally but limited because it is not using the data from the maps.
School zones at 40km/h will be detected as 40km regardless of the main speed limit and will show as a speed warning when you pass them.

Hillbilly
26-06-2021, 05:44 PM
Be interesting to see if this will work in our Kamiq when it arrives.

Is almost identical to what you do in a TIguan and Golf Mk7

I have found that it is best to put the security code in first before coding or it wont let you do it (sometimes)

Grugly
04-11-2022, 11:22 AM
Hey @flipper - just picked up our Tiguan R and followed the instructions for the MIB 3 unit. Everything's works until getting to road side fusion where it is saying function not available.

In OBDeleven also byte 5 has been renamed so no longer shows bits. However there was an option names Traffic sign recognition in the third row that I assumed to be the same as bit 2..

I'll keep investigating to see if there is a way to change the bit

Hillbilly
05-11-2022, 02:35 PM
Hey @flipper - just picked up our Tiguan R and followed the instructions for the MIB 3 unit. Everything's works until getting to road side fusion where it is saying function not available.

In OBDeleven also byte 5 has been renamed so no longer shows bits. However there was an option names Traffic sign recognition in the third row that I assumed to be the same as bit 2..

Well all that is available for my Kamiq 21 but what I want to know does it work for a 2Q camera as a lot of stuff wont as most have a 3Q camera

Bambazonke
03-12-2022, 09:44 AM
Hi there Flipper Dog
I have a MY21 T Cross with a 2Q Valeo A5 ECU and am trying to activate Sign Assist without much luck to date. Coding in the 17 kombi and 5F MIB3 (without Nav) head unit appears to be the same at the T Roc Tiguan Golf etc. However in the A5 camera ECU instead of Byte 16 bit 4 it is a combination of codes in Byte 12 Bits 3 to 7. I have tried a number of combinations here and it still does not work.
I am also not sure if it is a bus setting in the 5F ECU as I have seen Extended, Infotainment and Comfort options all being used but this may because different head units may have been installed. At this stage I am leaning on the Infotainment option.

In VCDS I am able to see 3 "fusion" options in the Adaptations drop down menu which are currently set to activated, road sign detection and the numerical value of 0. Are you able to see this last setting in OBD Eleven and if so what is the value?
Thanks

Hillbilly
03-12-2022, 09:56 AM
Hi there Flipper Dog
I have a MY21 T Cross with a 2Q Valeo A5 ECU and am trying to activate Sign Assist without much luck to date. Coding in the 17 kombi and 5F MIB3 (without Nav) head unit appears to be the same at the T Roc Tiguan Golf etc. However in the A5 camera ECU instead of Byte 16 bit 4 it is a combination of codes in Byte 12 Bits 3 to 7. I have tried a number of combinations here and it still does not work.
I am also not sure if it is a bus setting in the 5F ECU as I have seen Extended, Infotainment and Comfort options all being used but this may because different head units may have been installed. At this stage I am leaning on the Infotainment option.

In VCDS I am able to see 3 "fusion" options in the Adaptations drop down menu which are currently set to activated, road sign detection and the numerical value of 0. Are you able to see this last setting in OBD Eleven and if so what is the value?
Thanks

Further to my previous posts my Kamiq has roadside sign recognition from factory but I cant get it to show in the Dash, even though that is ticked in the MMI You have to change fusion to plain recognition as fusion doesnt work in our maps

Flipper Dog
03-12-2022, 10:01 AM
@Bambazonke
Is this what you are looking for in A5 Control unit Adaptation?

Hillbilly
03-12-2022, 10:36 AM
Is this what you are looking for in A5 Control unit Adaptation?

Are you replying to me or him. Ive got it sorted in both the Kamiq and the Tiguan. Difference is the Tig has a 3Q0 camera and the Kamiq has a 2Q0 which isnt able to be coded very easily, if at all it seems

Bambazonke
03-12-2022, 03:27 PM
This is one of the 3 options in VCDS Adaptation list. The option with the 3 choices shown above is the one that most people will have change to get sign assist to work without onboard navigation
There are however 2 additional "fusion" options listed in VCDS one is called Road Sign fusion detection persistency that is either on or off and the third option has a similar label to the first one shown above BUT has a numerical values. Mine is currently set to 0 in my ECU. I am wondering if this needs to be changed on the 2Q version as I have seen the below additional instructions to code Sign Assist on a number of forums and this third option may have something to do with this.

Adaptation
Select : channel numbers indicate end of speed limit
Importance to actively invest Show Valid suffix
View Channel Valid suffix
Corresponding value adjust default: 00100111

I have no idea what this additional coding means perhaps you may know and enlighten me & others. Have either of you got VCDS or only OBD Eleven? Does the App allow you to search for "fusion" in the adaptations list for the ECU. It may have these 2 options listed elsewhere

Flipper Dog
03-12-2022, 04:02 PM
@ Bambazonke
I have had a look in OBD11 in the A5 module for all the TSR information.
I can't find any reference to changing numeral values.
This is under Adaptions in addition to the previous post...

54849 54853

These ones are under long coding...

54851 54852 54850

I do have VCDS but an older version that won't work on the T-Roc.

Bambazonke
04-12-2022, 12:43 PM
@ Bambazonke
I have had a look in OBD11 in the A5 module for all the TSR information.
I can't find any reference to changing numeral values.
This is under Adaptions in addition to the previous post...

54849 54853

These ones are under long coding...

54851 54852 54850

I do have VCDS but an older version that won't work on the T-Roc.

Thank you for the pics Unfortunately the 2Q0 A5 module is somewhat different. The coding to enable Sign assist (VZE data) is in byte 12 not Byte 16 bit 4 like the 3Q0 unit as fitted to the T Roc. VCDS long coding of the 2Q0 ECU is also now showing in Byte 12 this TSR can be linked to a profile setting like you have in Byte 13. Really need to see the coding of this Byte if one has navigation fitted.

While i have been trying to enable the feature, I first get an error in the MIB3 saying it does not like the BUS setting even after changing it from Extended, Comfort and Infotainment. The second error pops up when i enable Byte 5 Bit 2 in the kombi (17) ecu telling me it's unable to source the VZA data which i know i don't have and have even disabled in the MIB3 unit to be sure. Again this is all the more the reason i want to see the coding of Byte 12 in the 2Q0 A5 unit.

I will try and get some screen shots of what I am talking about the next time i have my PC connected to the car54854

medievil
07-06-2023, 03:12 PM

Hi All, just picked up a Tiguan R yesterday and came up against the same problem as Grugly. Anyone had any luck getting this to work?

Going from a 2018 Tiguan R-Line to a 2023 Tiguan R has been awesome except for a couple of backward steps in functionality, ie TMC and Traffic sign recognition. Haven't noticed anything else missing yet in the coding.

Cheers,
Nayth

The_Slavstralian
24-07-2023, 03:56 PM
Confirmed changes using OBD11 on a MY21 T-ROC with MIB3:

Prevent ACC slowing down when passing vehicle in right lane

Long coding
Control unit: 13 Adaptive Cruise Control
Values:
Overtaking_right_prevention:
Old value: activated
New value: Deactivated

Hi I really want to turn this cancer off. Does the OBD11 tool need to remain plugged into the car to make this tweak work or can I steal a mates and use it then give it back?

Hillbilly
25-07-2023, 09:05 AM
Hi I really want to turn this cancer off. Does the OBD11 tool need to remain plugged into the car to make this tweak work or can I steal a mates and use it then give it back?

Yes you can use it in as many cars as you like and remove them from your phone by swiping each one to the left THe above mod is called "remove undertaking"

Look through these Might be helpful They ALL work
BEST ALL TIGUAN ELECTRIC MODS.docx - Google Docs (https://docs.google.com/document/d/1XT_OrWb9EIOmnXaeRTA19uLTPRJFZyeG/edit?usp=drive_link&ouid=113440394024472335078&rtpof=true&sd=true)

DV52
26-07-2023, 09:32 AM

Slavstralian: Hi.

To answer your specific questions: Yes and NO - you will need to plug the OBD11 dongle into the car's OBD port ONLY for the period that you make changes to the modules. After the changes have been made and have been accepted by the module(s)- the OBD11 dongle is no longer needed and it can be removed from the car and given back to your mate.

As for "steeling a mate's" OBD11 tool - the device doesn't care who is using the tool. What you will need is the physical OBD11 dongle and your mate's account details as he registered the information with the OBD11 mother-ship. This normally means an email address and a user password to access your mate's account. You will also need to download the OBD11 software onto your mobile-phone/tablet (this is free and OBD11 accepts both Android and iOS platforms)

However, if you ONLY "want to turn this ONE cancer off" - I don't suggest that you implement this tweak by yourself. I'm not saying that this is a particularly difficult tweak (in fact, it looks sublimely simple) - it's just that for a complete new-bee, stuff will look very strange and the risk of making errors will be significant.

So, my suggestion is that you work together with your mate to implement this tweak - far better prospect of a no-error experience IMO!!:cool:

Don

The_Slavstralian
27-07-2023, 07:16 PM
Slavstralian: Hi.

To answer your specific questions: Yes and NO - you will need to plug the OBD11 dongle into the car's OBD port ONLY for the period that you make changes to the modules. After the changes have been made and have been accepted by the module(s)- the OBD11 dongle is no longer needed and it can be removed from the car and given back to your mate.

As for "steeling a mate's" OBD11 tool - the device doesn't care who is using the tool. What you will need is the physical OBD11 dongle and your mate's account details as he registered the information with the OBD11 mother-ship. This normally means an email address and a user password to access your mate's account. You will also need to download the OBD11 software onto your mobile-phone/tablet (this is free and OBD11 accepts both Android and iOS platforms)

However, if you ONLY "want to turn this ONE cancer off" - I don't suggest that you implement this tweak by yourself. I'm not saying that this is a particularly difficult tweak (in fact, it looks sublimely simple) - it's just that for a complete new-bee, stuff will look very strange and the risk of making errors will be significant.

So, my suggestion is that you work together with your mate to implement this tweak - far better prospect of a no-error experience IMO!!:cool:

Don

Thanks for the clarification and the warning. I am hoping my mate is versed enough in it that he can help navigate what I am looking for.

Hillbilly
28-07-2023, 02:11 PM
Thanks for the clarification and the warning. I am hoping my mate is versed enough in it that he can help navigate what I am looking for.
Is one of the easiest mods to do and have never heard of anyone having a problem with it Get mate to come over .stick unit in press a couple of buttons and get the beer out

The_Slavstralian
15-08-2023, 02:20 PM
Is one of the easiest mods to do and have never heard of anyone having a problem with it Get mate to come over .stick unit in press a couple of buttons and get the beer out

Arrived today. I was easily able to navigate to the option. It is now disabled... according to the app. Will have to see how we go on the road at a later date

Hillbilly
15-08-2023, 07:09 PM
Arrived today. I was easily able to navigate to the option. It is now disabled... according to the app. Will have to see how we go on the road at a later date

The only thing you will notice is you can shoot up a left lane and it wont give a warning and just keep on keeping on

The_Slavstralian
06-09-2023, 04:36 PM
The only thing you will notice is you can shoot up a left lane and it wont give a warning and just keep on keeping on

I drive the M1 often. Its infuriating how many flogs sit in the right lane on 90-100km/h With this option enabled and me in the middle lane it would slam the brakes on as I approached the person in the right lane. Dangerous if you have a truck on your a$$. I disabled it. Now it just lets me sail on past the tool in the right lane. Which is perfect. Now I can play with other things it can do.

MrEs
28-09-2023, 01:08 PM
I drive the M1 often. Its infuriating how many flogs sit in the right lane on 90-100km/h With this option enabled and me in the middle lane it would slam the brakes on as I approached the person in the right lane. Dangerous if you have a truck on your a$$. I disabled it. Now it just lets me sail on past the tool in the right lane. Which is perfect. Now I can play with other things it can do.

Literally why I bought this device, just came today, can't wait to try it. Did you need to have the car on?

doc_777
28-09-2023, 02:44 PM
Ignition needs to be on, engine does not need to be running. For some changes, you will need the bonnet open.

Flipper Dog
28-09-2023, 06:07 PM
Was given a T-Roc hire car a couple of weeks ago, only got about 1/2 an hour out of Sydney and I had to pull over to disable it. Lucky I had the OBDeleven still in my bag.

@Doc777 I am currently in your area testing the road handling of the Audi, you have some really nice roads I've like to try the T-Roc on :)

doc_777
29-09-2023, 07:54 AM
Was given a T-Roc hire car a couple of weeks ago, only got about 1/2 an hour out of Sydney and I had to pull over to disable it. Lucky I had the OBDeleven still in my bag.

@Doc777 I am currently in your area testing the road handling of the Audi, you have some really nice roads I've like to try the T-Roc on :)

Mate, some of the roads down here are glorious! Just be aware - we normally have basically zero highway patrol, however at the moment there is a "blitz" going on. I believe it's mainly happening in the west and north-west.

nova_sounds
26-01-2024, 09:57 PM

Hi Grugly,

Did you have any luck with your Tiguan R?

I have the Tiguan all space r-line MY22 and it is the same situation regarding fusion mode.

Overall the traffic sign recognition does not work for me and receive an error on the dash now:
“ERROR: Dynamic road sign display”

Hillbilly
26-01-2024, 11:14 PM
Hi Grugly,

Did you have any luck with your Tiguan R?

I have the Tiguan all space r-line MY22 and it is the same situation regarding fusion mode.

Overall the traffic sign recognition does not work for me and receive an error on the dash now:
“ERROR: Dynamic road sign display” Wont work in Fusion Mode as its Not applicable to AUS
Try this method It worked in my 2019 Tig Rline

Road Sign Settings .pdf - Google Drive (https://drive.google.com/file/d/1spkTHTGVyw-HjxcCRbp3h0xecoFK00pL/view?usp=drive_link)

nova_sounds
27-01-2024, 10:52 PM
Thanks Hillybilly, just tried your suggestion and still doesn’t work. May have something to do with MY22 Tiguan All space as they are made in Mexico? But when I go into the fusion menu OBD app reads “function not available”

Hillbilly
28-01-2024, 07:44 AM
Thanks Hillybilly, just tried your suggestion and still doesn’t work. May have something to do with MY22 Tiguan All space as they are made in Mexico? But when I go into the fusion menu OBD app reads “function not available”

A lot depends on which model camera you have . There is a 2Q and a 3Q. One is on the older models and works the newer one doesnt. Cant remeber which is which as I dont have the Tiguan nay more

nova_sounds
29-01-2024, 09:03 PM
A lot depends on which model camera you have . There is a 2Q and a 3Q. One is on the older models and works the newer one doesnt. Cant remeber which is which as I dont have the Tiguan nay more

I am sure than I have the newer camera as Fusion mode is not even available to adjust in OBD11 via the app. I do find this it is strange that the same model car in US and EURO seems to work?