PDA

View Full Version : Poor bluetooth performance - My fix

richdave
23-02-2008, 05:40 PM
As per another thread I have been unhappy with the Bluetooth and the echo/feedback issues. I note some other folks have also had similar issues...

Well today I was flipping thru the little guide in the glove box and on page 6 there's a "little" clue that made me think :idea:

The volume can be adjusted independantly via the radio volume controls OR your mobile phone

I first checked my phome volume while not connected and it was on 10, connecting to the car kit it was now 1.

Seems each paired device has it's own profile inc the default volume.

I went for a drive and called the missus and played with the phone volume and the car radio volume while chatting.

The echo is now all gone. :D

My phone is a Nokia 6233 and I settled for having the phone audio at 10 (max) and that meant the in car violume was considerably lower.

Now I can have the fader and balance set at neutral with no echo or feedback even when I talk over the other party which was a sure way to cause echo before.

Hope it helps.

Chuckey
23-02-2008, 08:45 PM
Thanks Dave, I will give it a try tomorrow as sometimes the simple solutions are often overlooked.

RWK
24-02-2008, 01:33 PM
I would like to add the bluetooth to my car. However the factory order was sent through last week or so. Could this feature be added after delivery or it has to be fitted in factory. Anyone know?

richdave
24-02-2008, 03:34 PM
I would like to add the bluetooth to my car. However the factory order was sent through last week or so. Could this feature be added after delivery or it has to be fitted in factory. Anyone know?

I donot believe any cars come with the "factory fitted" bluetooth here is OZ.

AFIK all are dealer fitted and of the same "VW approved" type...

The short answer is YES, your dealer shoudl be able to fit one for you but at $790.00RRP perhaps you may want to look at other optuions like this...

Ryda kit (http://www.ryda.com.au/MetaBlue-Bluetooth-with-Steering-Wheel-Integration-p/metablue%20vwp.htm)

I got mine thru dealer because of the "no hassle" factor....

imike
16-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Hi,

My car came with bluetooth fitted - it's a rebranded Parrot 5.10c.

My last car had a Sony bluetooth unit fitted & I could scroll through names etc via the LCD between the speedo and the tacho. This one, all I can do is pick up the phone and dial manually.

It is an offence to have the phone in your hand in NSW while driving. It does not matter why you are holding the phone, or even if the phone is switched on(!!) Search lawlink website and you'll find an appeal in the supreme court which was unsuccessful, where a woman was turning the phone off so it would not wake her baby. The judge ruled that even though the law states "using mobile phone", a valid use is holding it.

SO, it's illegal to use the bluetooth in your VW unless you use the voice dialing and do not pick the phone up while driving.

Maybe an aftermarket unit with a seperate screen is the answer?

Passat
26-03-2008, 10:15 PM
probably depends on the phone, I can use the voice dial function of my Nokia 6300 with the VW/parrot bluetooth. Not as nice as the screen in the dash but works allright.

Vene
27-03-2008, 09:04 AM
Not sure if this helps but I was advised by VW Grp Aust. that they're doing some tests with the premium bluetooth module that is available in EU for the RNS510 multimedia kit.

Seems it is being considered for Oz but no details on price, spec, etc....I can't imagine it would be cheap if it does make the options list.

Fred K
30-03-2008, 05:43 PM
I have a thread under EOS on this matter

I finally got it out of the dealer that for the last few months they have been fitting a cheaper system other than Parrot

I am trying to get them to retrofit a Parrot system

WestOiler125
21-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Ta Dave....fixed my echo.:)

richdave
05-05-2008, 07:07 PM
After getting more complaints about echo and reverb I took my car to the dealer who directed me to contact the manufacturer - Techaudio.

As they are local I dropped by and the unit was removed and new software loaded and reinstalled. They also relocated the mic and the system seems so far to work perfectly now... I called lots of people who in the past complained about the quality and they all agreed that it is now 100% better :)

If you are in Melbourne perhaps you could get similar results with a visit to the Braeside offices. Interstate folks should contact their dealer who can do a change over of the unit under warranty if the s/w is not latest revision.

Unfortunately you have to remove the unit to see the rev sticker on the box.

Attached is a pic of the new mic location. (001 is new loc, 002 is old)

Note it is covered when the radio surround bezel is installed.

Much better :):)

Northy
05-05-2008, 10:43 PM
They had better not be any bits showing when i pick up my R36.....just out of curiosity how much was your bluetooth kit?

richdave
05-05-2008, 11:25 PM
IIRC the bluetooth was around $700 fitted and given the only other system I could find that claimed to work with the steering wheel controls was $600 plus installation I thought that while a little steep it was worth it.

Now it appears to actually work well I am happy :-)