PDA

View Full Version : Help with dubbers doing 1.8t swap

tommymac
22-02-2008, 02:01 PM
Hey guys this makes life a tad easier if your not in it for the wiring read up and check out the mad conversion help guide :):)

spoke to a chap called brian via email you can get this service sent over and excluding VAT j:j:

www.qpeng.com/

tar

tom

Golf Loon
26-02-2008, 08:26 PM
Yeah we used it for Daves 20VT. Just specify exactly what injector size and engine specs you have and they will send you a plug and play tailored solution.

aprr32
27-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Buy an Autronic,its easily tuneable, made in Aus(good support),comes with everything you need(no extras to pay for),plenty of people know how to play with it, and you get what you pay for.Also it works very well with VW's.If you want to know about QPeng ecu's just ask me and some other people here in Canberra about their tunability and tech support-YUK!

tommymac
27-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Buy an Autronic,its easily tuneable, made in Aus(good support),comes with everything you need(no extras to pay for),plenty of people know how to play with it, and you get what you pay for.Also it works very well with VW's.If you want to know about QPeng ecu's just ask me and some other people here in Canberra about their tunability and tech support-YUK!

why whats wrong with it?

tommymac
27-02-2008, 10:33 PM
Yeah we used it for Daves 20VT. Just specify exactly what injector size and engine specs you have and they will send you a plug and play tailored solution.

your thoughts matthew?

Golf Loon
27-02-2008, 10:36 PM
If you are happy with plug and play and dont need any onward tuning get the qpeng.

I hear lots of good things from Autronic, but everyone has their favorite.

Its a bit like chips, all the tuners and retailers try and push their own.
I had Microtech and the guy thought it was rubbish and wanted to fit Haltech instead.

Get one that can be tuned by someone near where you live I reckon and suits the application you have.

aprr32
28-02-2008, 07:34 AM
The wiring is the easy part,tunability is what gives you the end result,after all didn't you choose efi for driveability and power.The ecu that Dave as wasn't tuned properly out of the box and it took 5 times longer to tune than any other ecu that I have fitted.

ibeezer
29-02-2008, 06:12 PM
Get one that can be tuned by someone near where you live I reckon and suits the application you have.[/QUOTE]

After the experience with me 20vt id say thats the best advice