PDA

View Full Version : Multivan 2020 No AM radio?

Bradme
05-03-2021, 06:37 AM
I recently received my 2020 Multivan love the van but there is no AM radio? My media sources are FM, Bluetooth and my media. Being an old bloke I really want AM radio. I have asked the dealership and they have no idea and I got "I will get back to you" 3 weeks ago. Anyone got any ideas?

kamold
05-03-2021, 08:57 AM
It's possible that it's just been disabled in the config of the head unit (MIB). Could be enabled again with VCDS or OBD11. (or dealer tools).
It's also possible that it doesn't have an AM tuner, not sure about all the possible MIBs as there are various manufacturers/versions.

Bradme
05-03-2021, 08:09 PM
I just received this: "Hello Brad, Thank you for your message. In relation to your enquiry, I can confirm that there is not an AM option for your Volkswagen Multivan. We will take the feedback on for future consideration. Regards, Marissa@Volkswagen."
Poor form by VW as in Australia the fire warnings e.g. evacuate etc are only on the AM band. Got to be a safety issue?

kamold
07-03-2021, 05:17 PM
I'd take that response with a large handful of salt. Happy to have a look at the config if you want to come up my way.