PDA

View Full Version : T-Cross Towbar...

Bladesong
10-07-2020, 12:23 PM
Any ideas on where to look...?

None of the suppliers/fitters around here (Perth) have even heard of a T-Cross, let alone have any stock for one.

I'm only looking to use it as a holder for a bike carrier.

TMG0101
05-04-2022, 07:06 AM
How did you go with the tow bar. I have ordered the T-Cross and the dealer offered me a towbar fitted for $2K. I need it for my bike rack. The dealer is unsure what of type of tow bar it is (European or Ausie type) I need a removable hitch.

doc_777
05-04-2022, 07:45 AM
VW don’t do the euro style hitches in Australia. Only Skoda does them officially.

TMG0101
05-04-2022, 04:08 PM
Thank you. DO you have any pics for the one that suit the T-Cross please. I cannot find any where
Thank you

Hillbilly
05-04-2022, 10:21 PM
VW don’t do the euro style hitches in Australia. Only Skoda does them officially.

What about Westfalia from Eurocarupgrades

TMG0101
06-04-2022, 04:58 AM
Here is an email I received from a tow bar company when I was requesting a quote for a Westfalia.

"Hello , thanks for your enquiry!
Sorry we are no longer able to order Westfalia parts since our supplier in Australia went broke so I cant help with this enquiry.
None of our other suppliers have one listed either unfortunately so you may need to go direct to VW for a towbar.
Best regards,"

After speaking with Volkswagen, they can now supply a towbar with the normal Aussie hitch for $2K fitted

Hillbilly
06-04-2022, 07:45 AM
Here is an email I received from a tow bar company when I was requesting a quote for a Westfalia.

"Hello , thanks for your enquiry!
Sorry we are no longer able to order Westfalia parts since our supplier in Australia went broke so I cant help with this enquiry.
None of our other suppliers have one listed either unfortunately so you may need to go direct to VW for a towbar.
Best regards,"

After speaking with Volkswagen, they can now supply a towbar with the normal Aussie hitch for $2K fitted

Really Australia Tow Bars & Performance - Australia Tow Bars & Performance store (https://australiatowbars.com.au/?find=volkswagen-t-cross-2022-4508)

But they dont have one listed for a T Cross