PDA

View Full Version : Lowered!

xcgumby
17-02-2008, 07:23 AM
I bought some second hand coilovers & fitted them myself. It reminds me why I swore of suspension work at home about 20years ago.

They were PSS9s I got for about $970 on ebay but I first saw them on this forum. I set them on the mid setting and the car is stiff as. I also fluked the right height front & rear FIRST TIME. Given that I'm such a gumby with the spanners, this is quite the achievement.

Much indebted to this:
http://www.passatworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104287&highlight=front+strut+b5.5

Photos:

oxblood8
18-02-2008, 07:43 AM
Hey mate, good to see you got them on, looks great.

gpk_gti
18-02-2008, 07:46 AM
put em on the soft setting.... are the springs rated as well???

I know h&r have different spring rates.

looks like you still have a good 1-2 cm there! but they will end up settling I suppose...:D .. looks hot tho:cool:

KI11Z
18-02-2008, 01:18 PM
i dont think they will settle as they are 2nd hand and would have already done so. the car looks the business! its amazing how much lowering a car changes its appearence :cool: any before pics?

xcgumby
21-02-2008, 06:42 AM
No before pics.

I don't really want it any lower. Its probably about 30-35mm lower than stock. It was a complete fluke setting the height. I set the rears to the lowest by accident, then managed to match it with the fronts FIRST TIME.

My wife wants the damping changed though...'its so ROUGH... I can feel every bump'. I've got them set on the '4' which is the mid setting.

sci_fianime
21-02-2008, 09:50 AM
Nice...

Do you have any problems negotiating the dips at intersections?

Was also considering getting the same PSS9s but no moolah... these are supposed to be good for tracking but not for anything other than glass smooth surfaces...