PDA

View Full Version : How To: Accessories ON, Lights OFF

MrAskani
24-01-2020, 08:17 AM
Gents,

Does anyone know how to have the accessories like the radio turned ON, but the headlights turned OFF?

Want to take the kids to the local drive in movies, but this cars headlights just aren't conducive of a pleasant time being turned on permanently.

I don't care if it's an ODBC II mod or what, I'll mod if I have to.
I just can't seem to work out how to have the headlights/parklights off, but the radio on. So frustrating.

Hillbilly
24-01-2020, 03:45 PM
There is a mod for VW that you can have DRL on with ign only as in when it starts up so probably off with ACC on.

Cant find it at the moment but you would need either a VCDS ($450) or an OBDEleven ($199)to make the change
Ive got one but live 90 mins away

dArK5HaD0w
24-01-2020, 03:55 PM
u mean DRLs off?

headlights can b turned off oblviously by putting it in the off position.

i'm sure there is an option to have DRLs switched off while the ACC or Ignition is on.
with the Superb, we have the option to activate this via OBD/VCDS, so its available in the infotainment menu.

Hillbilly
24-01-2020, 04:27 PM
u mean DRLs off?

headlights can b turned off oblviously by putting it in the off position.

i'm sure there is an option to have DRLs switched off while the ACC or Ignition is on.
with the Superb, we have the option to activate this via OBD/VCDS, so its available in the infotainment menu.

Usually these things become available in the Menus AFTER you have coded them. Like lane change vibration strength and stuff. Not there till you enable it with coding At least thats how it worked in the Tig

Heres what available for a Golf Mk7 so should work

DRL Only in Auto Mode
DRLs only operate when headlight switch is in ‘Auto’ mode.

DRL Control on Car Menu
Enables a setting on your headunit which allows you to completely disable the Daytime Running Lights.As it is an ADR requirement that if fitted they work as intended it is illegal to disable them when driving on a public road I would suggest the first method is the safest and would meet your requirements

MrAskani
28-01-2020, 08:24 AM
Usually these things become available in the Menus AFTER you have coded them. Like lane change vibration strength and stuff. Not there till you enable it with coding At least thats how it worked in the Tig

Heres what available for a Golf Mk7 so should work

DRL Only in Auto Mode
DRLs only operate when headlight switch is in ‘Auto’ mode.

DRL Control on Car Menu
Enables a setting on your headunit which allows you to completely disable the Daytime Running Lights.As it is an ADR requirement that if fitted they work as intended it is illegal to disable them when driving on a public road I would suggest the first method is the safest and would meet your requirements

THIS! THIS is exactly what I would like. I'll have a dig around in the menu when the kids to go their mum this weeking coming. Thanks!

Also, Thanks to Dreamension for pinging me offline to suggest I read the manual. Ain't no one got time to memorise that thing!?!?! Freak. :facepalm:

haha it's ok, he was there the day I got married and yes, he did tell me not to do it. Next time I'll listen! ;)

dArK5HaD0w
28-01-2020, 11:37 AM
I'll have a dig around in the menu when the kids to go their mum this weeking coming. Thanks!

as @Hillbilly said - u'll first need to enable this via VCDS/OBDEleven, then u'll have access to it in ur infotainment menu.
these r the instructions i used, if ur interested...

ope126
28-01-2020, 02:06 PM
THIS! THIS is exactly what I would like. I'll have a dig around in the menu when the kids to go their mum this weeking coming. Thanks!

Also, Thanks to Dreamension for pinging me offline to suggest I read the manual. Ain't no one got time to memorise that thing!?!?! Freak. :facepalm:

haha it's ok, he was there the day I got married and yes, he did tell me not to do it. Next time I'll listen! ;)

PM sent...

BO11OS
28-01-2020, 06:00 PM
Can you not just turn off auto lights ?

Hillbilly
28-01-2020, 06:22 PM
Can you not just turn off auto lights ?

No. DRL's come on with ign turn accessories on and DRL lights come on as well

In fairness to you he said he wants HEADLIGHTS off with ign on So yes turn them off.

If he means Daylight Running lights the above posts apply

Wish people would post more clearly and get definitions correct so repliers dont have to guess