PDA

View Full Version : New Arrival

harks11
14-02-2008, 05:22 PM
After a lot of research and consideration. With a good bit of encouragement from this site. I am now the proud owner of a TD6. late 2007 build.

Very very nice.

Thanks to those that answered my questions,... the dealer thanks you too.

cheers

Flipper Dog
14-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Welcome.

We all look forward to your pictures.

Now come on tell us more....we all want to know about your new addition :)

harks11
14-02-2008, 07:25 PM
As discussed in a previous thread. The dealer had one on the floor. Built in October 2007, with an 08 compliance. Stock standard, leaf silver. Given that I was comparing it to a string of Pajeros that I have been delighted with over about 15 years it was going to be a tough task for the Treg.

However, the thought of all that power compared with the Pajero was compelling. The latest Pajero I thought was also little ugly inside compared with their previous attempts.

So the dealer did a good job with the price, added a towbar for pulling and imaginary something, they threw in the tinting and there we have it.

Now having completed two days of heavy driving (60 ks) it is a least as fast as a speeding bullet!!.... Just very good to drive.

I have to go from Brisvegas down to Victoria next month and can't wait. Should be a blast.

One amusing piece of advice out of the manual is that during the run in period it should not be drive over 50% of top speed. 50% of 210 is roughly around the 110 so it will be on permanent run in. I just wish we had a big interstate highway.

As we have only been on one date... (me and the car) I will post developments.

cheers

gerhard
15-02-2008, 10:23 AM
Good choice Harks,

I haven't got mine yet, not too long now before order is placed :)

Compared to the Pajero Exceed (using the RRP) there really is no choice - the Treg is light years ahead for the extra $3000.

Granted the Pajero might be maintaned more cheaply after warranty expiry, and it may be more readily repairable in remote areas

but, compared to the Treg

The Paj is not a beauty inside or out, no matter how compassionate you are. I can't see myself in one, the love for the style has never developed.

The Paj engine is completely inferior - not only is it noisy, it's low on output, and the particulate filter burnoff problem is still a major point of wariness. Economy is good.

The drive train of the Paj is pretty good, I'm sure someone on the forum who has had both could give a point by point comparison of the 2.

Accessories for the Paj are readily available, snorkel should be available soon - at least it's being developed. No hope for a Treg snorkel, or anything else to enhance things for the bush.

The Exceed is being heavily discounted with National Fleet pricing for anyone,
but that's not enough to tempt me away :)

Transporter
17-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Just have done 300km in our TReg in 2 days.
Fuel economy 9.77L/100km calculated from fuel receipt. 70% city driving with air/con on. :)