PDA

View Full Version : I have ordered/received my new T-Roc

tigger73
01-01-2020, 01:31 PM
Post up if you've placed an order and/or have received your car.

ij4000
17-01-2020, 05:52 PM
Just ordered online and had call from my dealer.

Will look forward to next steps and delivery....

danTDI
17-01-2020, 06:06 PM
Can you tell me how to order online? VW contact line and the local dealer have no idea. I can not find anything on the VW website.

Dan

ij4000
17-01-2020, 06:16 PM
Hi Dan
This is the site I ended up at from the link in the email:-

VW T-Roc 2020 | Compact SUV | Volkswagen Australia (https://aus.volkswagen.com.au/request/t-roc_preorder?utm_campaign=T-Roc-January-Preorder&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=RYI%20Audience%20&utm_content=CTA-CTA-Preordernow&)

danTDI
17-01-2020, 06:31 PM
Thanks ij4000.
I signed up to register my interest but did not receive that email. It looks like I will have to get back in touch with my dealer to order. I don't want either of the "optional" packages that come with the online cars.

Dan

tigger73
17-01-2020, 08:06 PM
I got the email late this afternoon.

Looks like the colours/options are limited in the first batch. Unfortunately the only 2 tone versions are in Swans colours and not something other that the most passionate supporter would buy.

And if you want any other option then you’ll need to go and see your dealer. The 110TSI will be coming a little later and pretty sure that will start in the low $30’s.

danTDI
20-01-2020, 06:31 PM
The price for the fully loaded online cars have jumped by around $3000. I think they neglected to add in the very expensive wash (delivery charge) originally. My local dealer has managed to order a base model for me by modifying a Tiguan order form. White Silver for $45000. Very hard to get a discount when you chase the dealer before the cars are even in the ordering system.

Dan

tigger73
20-01-2020, 06:53 PM
Wow should have got in early!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Downunder55
21-01-2020, 06:50 AM
They are not exactly rushing out the door ..... only 1 Sport and 1 X seem to have been reserved since yesterday.

I had a couple of question so rang my local dealer ....all in a sales meeting, no call back..... Called VW help line .... very polite but knew nothing, are calling product people and will aparently call me back in 24 to 48 hours.

Now at close to $52K it does start to make you think ?

danTDI
21-01-2020, 10:08 AM
I may have done my sums wrong (please check), but the original price of $49K for the fully loaded online cars looked to be a discount of about $1500. The current price of $52K looks like a premium of about $1500. They are also selling the Flash Red at the same price as the metallics.

Dan

tigger73
08-03-2020, 03:08 PM
Looks like T-Roc deliveries have been delayed again. ETA for the first shipment is now August/September.

danTDI
29-11-2020, 01:05 PM
Picked up my T-ROC on Friday. Standard Sport in White Silver. A long wait since I ordered it in January, but worth it. $45000 drive away. They also threw in a 3 year service package to say sorry for screwing me around.

Dan

tigger73
29-11-2020, 06:32 PM
Picked up my T-ROC on Friday. Standard Sport in White Silver. A long wait since I ordered it in January, but worth it. $45000 drive away. They also threw in a 3 year service package to say sorry for screwing me around.

Dan

Did you pre-order yours when they were advertising them at the start of the year? That’s quite a wait! Good to hear they looked after you.

danTDI
30-11-2020, 08:04 AM
Yes tigger. I couldn't order online because they were only selling the fully loaded ones, so I went to the dealer and they did a workaround for me because the T-ROCs weren't in the ordering system. That might be why I didn't get one from the first boatload.

Dan

Downunder55
21-12-2020, 02:18 PM
Well bit the bullet and ordered one .... 2021 build, MY21, Silver/White with the questionable leather colour and both option packs ...... delivery optimistically in late April.

The drive sealed it, ....and I will wear dark glasses for the seats.

The Beat's sound is just "OK" .... might need some door deadening and a speaker swap at sometime but at least it is cabled.

Downunder55
16-01-2021, 02:53 PM
Well bit the bullet and ordered one .... 2021 build, MY21, Silver/White with the questionable leather colour and both option packs ...... delivery optimistically in late April.

The Beat's sound is just "OK" .... might need some door deadening and a speaker swap at sometime but at least it is cabled.

Well have received notification she is built and heading for shipping from Portugal .... there seems to be some older posts that discuss tracking progress of your car, but nothing recent ... any one know if this is still possible ?

Downunder55
20-01-2021, 12:06 PM
Well have received notification she is built and heading for shipping from Portugal .... there seems to be some older posts that discuss tracking progress of your car, but nothing recent ... any one know if this is still possible ?

Was built on Friday and will be arriving from Lisbon in 72 days time

tigger73
20-01-2021, 12:45 PM
Was built on Friday and will be arriving from Lisbon in 72 days time

Do you have the ship name and are you tracking it on the high seas?

Downunder55
20-01-2021, 01:29 PM
Do you have the ship name and are you tracking it on the high seas?

Unfortunately no, couldn't get the ship name.

Got the VIN and Build Date, but it doesn't seem to be possible to get the other data these days ..... unless you know otherwise ?

tigger73
20-01-2021, 08:19 PM
Unfortunately no, couldn't get the ship name.

Got the VIN and Build Date, but it doesn't seem to be possible to get the other data these days ..... unless you know otherwise ?

I think you'd have to getthe ship name from the dealer so tht you can track it. Not sure if they have that info these days. Otherwise you have to know the port and the shipping line that carries the cars to figure out which boat your car is likely on.

Downunder55
21-01-2021, 07:48 AM
I think you'd have to getthe ship name from the dealer so tht you can track it. Not sure if they have that info these days. Otherwise you have to know the port and the shipping line that carries the cars to figure out which boat your car is likely on.

The dealer said they were unable to get the ship details, just the Vin, build date and revised delivery date.

Pretty sure T-Roc's are made in the VW plant outside Lisbon Portugal, and so would leave from the port in Setúbal just south of the plant, but that is as far as I have got..... just a bit of patience now .... but March is better that the original estimate of May.

Sharkie
21-01-2021, 08:04 AM
You can track it on the ship on these sites:

Track and Trace (https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ocean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage)

and

Track and trace - Cargo tracking - Wallenius Wilhelmsen (https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/track-trace)

Enter the VIN into the Cargo Info field on the last 1.

Downunder55
21-01-2021, 10:42 AM
You can track it on the ship on these sites:

Track and Trace (https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ocean.do?method=getDefaultOceanQuickSearchPage)

and

Track and trace - Cargo tracking - Wallenius Wilhelmsen (https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/track-trace)

Enter the VIN into the Cargo Info field on the last 1.

Thanks Sharkie ....had previously tried these links, it may be too early or with the T-Roc being made in Portugal that Wallenius Wilhelmsen may not ship from Setubal to Oceania.

I can not find a route for this on their website. It could also be that these are exclusive contracted routes that don't appear on their schedules. Trade maps - Wallenius Wilhelmsen (https://www.walleniuswilhelmsen.com/what-we-do/ocean-transportation/trade-maps)

tigger73
21-01-2021, 12:15 PM
You can sometimes also work it out by getting the docking date from your dealer and work it back from there.

Sharkie
21-01-2021, 01:56 PM
It will take somewhere between 3 and 6 weeks from the build date to appear on any of the shipping companies' tracking. My bet would be Wallenius as they are the biggest vehicle shippers and all my VWs bought new (and the Mustang) shipped through them.

I wouldn't hold my breath that the dealers will know before you, they are pretty clueless at the best of times. In ALL cases I was able to tell them where my car was well before they knew (and BTW this was all Austral VW :facepalm:)

Plus, once it docks in Brisbane, you can really pile on the pressure to get them to speed up that pre-delivery process.

Downunder55
21-01-2021, 06:56 PM
I wouldn't hold my breath that the dealers will know before you, they are pretty clueless at the best of times. In ALL cases I was able to tell them where my car was well before they knew (and BTW this was all Austral VW :facepalm:)

Glad I am not the only one who has a less than complimentary view of Austral .....and not just with this transaction..... It was hard to even get any attention from the sales staff in the 6+ times I visited the showroom, which is unfortunate as I live nearby.

Yet the dealer in Greenslopes was great to deal with, and have been proactive in finding out info for me.

Downunder55
12-02-2021, 10:24 AM
My T-ROC is on it's way, the process so far has been:

Initially you get a couple of emails from VW telling you the car has been Ordered and then Built.

Once built you can contact your dealer and get the VIN number.

T-ROC's are built near Lisbon Portugal, and are shipped from the nearby port of Setubal.

You can track shipping in the port www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ports/184 (https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/details/ports/184)

If you move the map you can see the names of the ships picking up cars from the VW dock (in red), and then look for their destination.

It would seem T-ROC's bound for Australia get pre-shipped to Santander in Spain before being picked up by Hoegh Autoliners for the long leg. Their shipping timetable is here www.hoeghautoliners.com/sailing-schedule#?schedule=trade&trade=EUAF (https://www.hoeghautoliners.com/sailing-schedule#?schedule=trade&trade=EUAF)

You can also then use the VIN to get the exact details www.hoeghautoliners.com/my-cargo (https://www.hoeghautoliners.com/my-cargo)

And then track the ship enroute to Australia. Mine is currently off the coast of Africa - www.fleetmon.com/vessels/hoegh-shanghai_9312482_26618/#tab-schedule (https://www.fleetmon.com/vessels/hoegh-shanghai_9312482_26618/#tab-schedule)

Sharkie
12-02-2021, 02:51 PM
Nice, good job in tracking this down. Another shipping tracker to be added to my list, awesome!

GoingPlaces
31-03-2021, 10:39 PM
Ordered the T-Roc 110tsi style today!
Went for the indium grey paint, and both packages (sound & vision and luxury)

Dealer said expected delivery end of May, can’t wait to get the tracking/order update emails!

westenderbender
02-04-2021, 03:49 PM
Ordered the T-Roc 110tsi style today!
Went for the indium grey paint, and both packages (sound & vision and luxury)

Dealer said expected delivery end of May, can’t wait to get the tracking/order update emails!

Congrats, GoingPlaces!

I’ve driven the 140TSI and it was a bloody decent drive, almost as fun as my 2019 Golf GTI. Surprised the hell out of me.

The 110 engine is a ripper too, you’ll love it.

GoingPlaces
03-04-2021, 03:47 PM
Congrats, GoingPlaces!

I’ve driven the 140TSI and it was a bloody decent drive, almost as fun as my 2019 Golf GTI. Surprised the hell out of me.

The 110 engine is a ripper too, you’ll love it.

Didn’t allow myself to try out the 140! Haha, I need the better fuel efficiency of the 110 since I’ll be driving it to work everyday

westenderbender
03-04-2021, 08:49 PM
Didn’t allow myself to try out the 140! Haha, I need the better fuel efficiency of the 110 since I’ll be driving it to work everyday

You’ll get amazing efficiency out of the 110. Previously I had a 1.4 Golf 92TSI manual and regularly got mid 4s L/100km on the highway!

westenderbender
04-04-2021, 12:29 PM

Did your car arrive? Enjoying it?

Toying with the idea of swapping out my ‘19 Golf GTI for a 140, for the better ride comfort (getting old lol)

Downunder55
06-04-2021, 02:35 PM
Did your car arrive? Enjoying it?

Toying with the idea of swapping out my ‘19 Golf GTI for a 140, for the better ride comfort (getting old lol)

Yes, just .... delivered on Wed pm just before Easter, but the weather has been so miserable have only done one trip up the Sunshine Coast and back.

A reserved .... love it ! ..... but early days of course, great to drive, could be a little noisy on the hwy (Tyres ?), love all the tech, and can't see the naff looking leather seats from the drivers seat while driving :-) Wireless Apple Carplay with Waze is great

Not so sure about all the fuss over the hard plastics .... bit of a non issue if you ask me.

Plenty of go, glad I didn't wait for the R, steering could be a little light, hopefully there is a setting where this can be adjusted

Beats Audio is much better than I expected, can get harsh in the higher frequencies, lets see if the speakers loosen up or some surgery maybe required, playing FLAC as source.

Love the Silver/White colour looks classy, but the better half still want to change the colour of the roof .... do I have a choice ....

westenderbender
06-04-2021, 02:58 PM
Love the Silver/White colour looks classy, but the better half still want to change the colour of the roof .... do I have a choice ....

Hahahaha you don’t have a choice, no.

Great feedback, thanks! Does it have plenty of go? Are the seats/ride quality comfortable?

Downunder55
06-04-2021, 04:00 PM
Hahahaha you don’t have a choice, no.

Great feedback, thanks! Does it have plenty of go? Are the seats/ride quality comfortable?

Yes very happy with the go, but very early days as not pushing it too hard with on less than 200klm on the clock still, .....my other drive toy is a Boxster S.

Seats Ok/good . no electric adjustment, would probably have liked some additional side bolstering for the corners, as leather is not overly grippy, but comfortable, with adjustable lumbar support (in mine at least)

GoingPlaces
06-04-2021, 09:46 PM
A reserved .... love it ! ..... but early days of course

This makes me so excited to get mine!

Flipper Dog
15-05-2021, 09:09 PM
Just picked up a Ravenna Blue 140 TSI with luxury pack and sound & style pack today.
Observations - coming out of a Golf 7.5 R-Line I find the T-Roc a level or two below in quality.
The new MIB3 with wireless app connect is a plus but I feel the whole Discover MIB3 system is under par with the Discover Pro from the Golf.
Maps missing speed limits.
Beats audio sounds terrible. Like its on AM radio.
Owner configurations are limited.
Brake callipers no longer painted.
Hard plastic everywhere, particularly the back seat.
Wow cheap plastic and poor fitting parts everywhere under the bonnet.

Positives - It drives well, can't wait for it to loosen up to really try it.