PDA

View Full Version : Need advice on Passat 132 TSI 2018

hawk77vw
19-12-2019, 03:17 PM
Hi all,

I am the new owner of an awesome VW Passat 132TSI.
1. It drives very well, but the interior needs a bit of touch up. I work with carbon fiber and was thinking I could do some interior small bits and pieces. What s the best place to get some parts from? Wreckers?

2. Power wise ...needs a bit of a push there. Was thinking changin the air filter, potentially chance the sound of the exhaust a little (not by much because I passed the loud exhaust stage)

3. Exterior might need a bit of a touch up. It is the R pack which makes it look quite ok. Any front lips out there? What is a good place to get them from?

Cheers

XM640
20-12-2019, 01:37 PM
Hi hawk77vw

congrats on your purchase

2. unsure what is out there for the 132TSI, but I would have thought an ECU tune (flash or piggy back) will give you best gains for your $. Plenty of info out there on this, do your research and beware of issues with warranty and mechanical constraints.

3. yep I too love the R-Line kit. I know you can get aftermarket R-Line style front bars and matching DRLs (e.g. mars performance) but your looking at big $.

Good luck

hawk77vw
23-12-2019, 11:38 AM
Hi hawk77vw

congrats on your purchase

2. unsure what is out there for the 132TSI, but I would have thought an ECU tune (flash or piggy back) will give you best gains for your $. Plenty of info out there on this, do your research and beware of issues with warranty and mechanical constraints.

3. yep I too love the R-Line kit. I know you can get aftermarket R-Line style front bars and matching DRLs (e.g. mars performance) but your looking at big $.

Good luck

I think i am just gonig to chuck a new less restrictive air filter for now. Do we know what is the part number? Any recommendations? K&N , AEM?

Transporter
23-12-2019, 04:18 PM
I think i am just gonig to chuck a new less restrictive air filter for now. Do we know what is the part number? Any recommendations? K&N , AEM?

The OEM air filter flows quite well, I wouldn’t sacrifice more wear and tear for a different sound only.

hawk77vw
24-12-2019, 11:39 AM
The OEM air filter flows quite well, I wouldn’t sacrifice more wear and tear for a different sound only.
Could you please elaborate on "more wear and tear" bit?

Transporter
24-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Could you please elaborate on "more wear and tear" bit?

The manufacturers filter has guaranteed filtration performance unlike aftermarket filters.

hawk77vw
24-12-2019, 01:04 PM
The manufacturers filter has guaranteed filtration performance unlike aftermarket filters.

Well, I think it really depends on the manufacturer really. According to their website, BMC has a special composition that ensures a high level of filtering efficiency with guaranteed containment of all impurities down to 7 microns, where paper filters generally only offer filtration of particles of 10 microns. I assume other reputable companies have the same kind of statements.

Hillbilly
24-12-2019, 01:50 PM
Well, I think it really depends on the manufacturer really. According to their website, BMC has a special composition that ensures a high level of filtering efficiency with guaranteed containment of all impurities down to 7 microns, where paper filters generally only offer filtration of particles of 10 microns. I assume other reputable companies have the same kind of statements.

Read Transporters Sig and threads, perhaps he does know a fair bit about VAG cars

hawk77vw
24-12-2019, 02:29 PM
Read Transporters Sig and threads, perhaps he does know a fair bit about VAG cars

Hence I am asking to elaborate! Maybe there is something I don't quite know.
I understand the "keep it stock" bit, but paper dry/oiled cotton filters have been around for ages and no significant issues other than the guys that decided to go with a ton of oil on it, clogging the MAF sensor and causing engine failures.

I have been using various aftermarket filters in my cars (Eventuri, Works, BMC, K&N, etc) , with no issues whatsoever, so I was wondering if these cars would be a bit fussier than others.

Thanks for your help

MP