PDA

View Full Version : Mechatronics replacement

Tim Foley
29-08-2019, 11:02 AM
Had mechatronics replaced on 132 tsi Passat B8 under warranty. Ever since car behaves totally differently than before racing up through the gears reaching 5 th gear by 40 klmph, 6 th gear by 50 klmph and 7th gear around 63 klmph. I can feel the engine struggling as when the gear changes as such low speed/revs upon changing revs usually drops to 1100rpm. I have taken it back to dealership for this reason and they say new mechatronics units have new software and this is how they operate. It is not nearly as nice a car to drive as it was before. Has anyone else had such issues subsequent to having the mechatronics replaced?

zzc2010
29-08-2019, 11:10 AM
Had mechatronics replaced on 132 tsi Passat B8 under warranty. Ever since car behaves totally differently than before racing up through the gears reaching 5 th gear by 40 klmph, 6 th gear by 50 klmph and 7th gear around 63 klmph. I can feel the engine struggling as when the gear changes as such low speed/revs upon changing revs usually drops to 1100rpm. I have taken it back to dealership for this reason and they say new mechatronics units have new software and this is how they operate. It is not nearly as nice a car to drive as it was before. Has anyone else had such issues subsequent to having the mechatronics replaced?

It sounds like in ECO mode but in D mode or like a Golf driving.

65k 7th gear.

What’s wrong with your mechatronics?

Did they replace the part but didn’t do a adaptation or coding the part to a Passat?

I’m sure a golf and a 132 share the same dry DSG.

I’m assuming the mechatronics is changing the gears for a golf not a Passat.

Driving with D in a Passat is different from a Golf as I owned both. The Passat holds revs much more and more engaging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hillbilly
29-08-2019, 11:19 AM
Put it in S and see how it goes as that mode holds each gear longer

Dont put it in R for Racing as that is a backward step LOL

Tim Foley
30-08-2019, 10:12 AM
They replaced the mechatronics eventually after bringing the car to them several times for the issue. When starting and putting into reverse the gear was not engaging and when you took your foot off the brake the car would roll If on slope and a warning would be displayed to apply the break. Doing this would engage the gear
It sounds like in ECO mode but in D mode or like a Golf driving.

65k 7th gear.

What’s wrong with your mechatronics?

Did they replace the part but didn’t do a adaptation or coding the part to a Passat?

I’m sure a golf and a 132 share the same dry DSG.

I’m assuming the mechatronics is changing the gears for a golf not a Passat.

Driving with D in a Passat is different from a Golf as I owned both. The Passat holds revs much more and more engaging.

zzc2010
30-08-2019, 01:16 PM
They replaced the mechatronics eventually after bringing the car to them several times for the issue. When starting and putting into reverse the gear was not engaging and when you took your foot off the brake the car would roll If on slope and a warning would be displayed to apply the break. Doing this would engage the gear

Usually if the car is slightly slipping. The electro parking brake would engage to prevent emergency. That’s how I experienced.

Can’t switch into R is definitely a serious problem.

I feel your DSG need to be coded or adapted for using inside a Passat, which your dealer might have done it already.

Please post your firmware of DSG please.

Tim Foley
02-09-2019, 01:53 PM
Have no idea what firmware of DSG is? Or where I would find it.

rave75
20-11-2019, 01:15 PM
Well, mine's behaves like yours from the beginning (MY16), switch gears too early, I was told this is typical. This can make your clutch wear faster too as it switches from 1 to 3 too often during traffic jam.

Skoda729
21-11-2019, 09:05 AM
Try different settings.
I run mine, in custom, using sports mode for DSG. This still runs using D 1-7, not S
You can adjust all the other to suit you as well.

Note this runs different than normal drive mode