PDA

View Full Version : the loon is the man

alex g
08-02-2008, 07:56 PM
havent for some time been out and seen what matty is up to. and the new camden gti is up and running for sure.

its great to see someone putting in the hard yards to keep the earlier watercooled gear alive.

i dont want to sound like an advert but he now has heaps and heaps of gear and is worth a shot for almost anything mk1 2 3 seat and so on

not to mention the 3 front enders he just bought

99gti
08-02-2008, 08:05 PM
Ahh - you should have come out yesterday when I was there. Was good fun kicking round his shop for an hour or so.

If I could ever imagine what heaven would be like it would be something close to that workshop... So many cool things there!

Did you pop around the back and pay your respects to the mk1 polo. Poor things seen better days....

static1800
08-02-2008, 08:08 PM
Haha, Loons shop is awesome! the quad bike tops off spending an hour or so there :D

alex g
08-02-2008, 08:17 PM
i was there yesterday

followed him down the m5 with his cabriolet in toe(on his dodgy trailer)

the caddy did it for me

The_Hawk
08-02-2008, 08:29 PM
It really is a treasure trove of VW parts. So far there is only one part he didn't have that I have wanted, that being a window washer nozel for a Mk1... Even then there are two types and he had the other one :P

Golf Loon
08-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Thanks guys. Blushing here.
Been cooking this week with the help of Master Tech Beau.
Might have the 16v and the Caddy running next week :D
And done three weeks work in a week this week.
Nice to see all you vww guys yesterday. Al its been too long and George and Neil, cheers for making the pilgrimage.
Gonna have to have Friday arvo drinks at the shop.:D

Peter Jones
08-02-2008, 09:05 PM
Matt gets my official sanction for his excellent shop from home service.:D

Where else could you get the right parts at the right price without having to spend your entire life driving around 100's of suppliers that don't even know that there were Golfs being made before 2005? Nor do you have to dress in greasy overalls and forge trade orders to be allowed the privilege of buying VW parts.

Personalised delivery of a complete motor from NSW to VIC? Unthinkable from any other VW parts supplier.

Cheers Matt and thanks for all the help.

Pete

Jarred
08-02-2008, 09:05 PM
good to hear your projects are nearer completion. will have to drop by come nats time, providing you're not in a made rush to finish things off!!

evorobin
08-02-2008, 09:19 PM
Even today taking 5 mins out from moving house to bug matt he was on the end of the phone to help sort a part. Nice one mate!

99gti
08-02-2008, 09:23 PM
i was there yesterday

followed him down the m5 with his cabriolet in toe(on his dodgy trailer)

the caddy did it for me

Oh - I musy have got there just after you.

DubSteve
08-02-2008, 09:34 PM
I admit I havn't been there in such a long time a year this month actually he changed my trans mount on my VR top job and fantastic pricing, and I remember the shop being small now that he has expanded keep up the good work Matt :)

static1800
08-02-2008, 09:51 PM
Bit of a love fest going on in here :D

MattyT
08-02-2008, 10:04 PM
If I ever make the trip to Sydney again, i'll pay a visit to the loon :D

Jmac
08-02-2008, 10:09 PM
Ill be visiting when i come down next and he better be up for a belly full of beer!!!!!!j:

Golfer
09-02-2008, 12:12 AM
followed him down the m5

My God you are a brave man. You need your nuts screwed on tight to follow the Loon anywhere in a car j:

Takes me back to the fastest commute between Campbelltown and Camden I have ever, and will ever want to make...

In all seriousness though, If I ever get the Mk2 off ramps I may have to force myself to make another impromptu visit to the magical land of Loon :D

Water Boy
09-02-2008, 09:21 AM
Ill come visit u sometime Matt and we will speak gearboxes and 1.8T's :D

gpk_gti
09-02-2008, 09:23 AM
yeah,,,loon is tops! but someone wrote BOLLOCKS on the top of my mk2 when I was down there!!@@!! hhahahhahahhahaha,,, ill get ya!!!

deemoE36
09-02-2008, 10:01 AM
+1 for "loon is the men", not just his workshop which is crazy, also his commitment to help vw mates
twice in one week he drove to my place (fair bit a drive) to get me some stuff

cheers mate, made my repairs much quicker :top_bloke (we should make this smilley for our database with code :top_bloke and a smiley that looks like "camden gti" logo ) :)

WABIT
09-02-2008, 10:37 PM
top points go for matt... hes worked through my whole project and taken the time on his 2 week holiday to sms reply ALL MY text messages takes the time to answer all my questions witch i struggle with.... hes a awesome bloke and yes i will come up to camden soon :) maybee in the cabby hehe

cheers mate

GoLfMan
10-02-2008, 07:53 AM
another +1 for loon getting me the stuff, when i had the 3 door mk1 he came and visited and helped me out some :)

he's got everything, good service is hard to find nowadays.... keep up the good work

ill pop up with Jarred come Nats, hopefully with our 2 mk1's for a chinwag and a few "chilled beverages" j:

Mrk_Mickey
10-02-2008, 10:20 AM
Awww, this is so nice. Hahaha.

Yes I'm sure I will be very pleased come water-pump-attention time :)

ibeezer
10-02-2008, 12:18 PM
Yay for the "loon". if it wasnt for Mat i wouldnt own the only 1.8t ibiza in Oz. Cheers geeza

the scotsman
10-02-2008, 12:27 PM
Another cheer for the loon, any man who puts up with my " Is my car ready yet?" phone calls must be a good man! Top bloke see you soon for brake swappage.