PDA

View Full Version : Discover Pro 2 stuck on ‘Starting “telephone”... ‘

fadyilias
12-07-2019, 12:44 AM
Hi guys

Just bought a Passat B8 2015 model and loving so far. But whenever I try to connect my phone to Bluetooth or press on the “phone” button on the left, the head unit (Discover pro 2) just displays ‘Starting “Telephone”...’ and nothing happens until I press another button.

I’ve tried to update the unit by downloading and installing the massive 23GB ROW map update (thinking it will update the unit as well) but did not fix the problem.

I’ve searched all over the internet, some sites said to check under the driver and passenger seats for the Bluetooth module in a foam casing but I can’t find it.

The apple CarPlay works as per usual, but i expect something like the Bluetooth in this modern car to be at least functional.

As evident I’m a huge noob and your help would be really appreciated. This annoyance leaves a bittersweet feeling towards my new car.

Thanks so much in advance

Hillbilly
12-07-2019, 04:07 PM
Hi guys

Just bought a Passat B8 2015 model and loving so far. But whenever I try to connect my phone to Bluetooth or press on the “phone” button on the left, the head unit (Discover pro 2) just displays ‘Starting “Telephone”...’ and nothing happens until I press another button.

I’ve tried to update the unit by downloading and installing the massive 23GB ROW map update (thinking it will update the unit as well) but did not fix the problem.

I’ve searched all over the internet, some sites said to check under the driver and passenger seats for the Bluetooth module in a foam casing but I can’t find it.

The apple CarPlay works as per usual, but i expect something like the Bluetooth in this modern car to be at least functional.

As evident I’m a huge noob and your help would be really appreciated. This annoyance leaves a bittersweet feeling towards my new car.

Thanks so much in advance

You have to pair the phone to the car as you would to get it to talk to anything else Turn BT on in the phone and make it discoverable

The update is only a map nothing else Follow instructions in manual on how to pair the phone

dArK5HaD0w
13-07-2019, 09:12 AM
If u've previously paired it - delete the pairings on the phone and the car as well.
Then re-pair again.

fadyilias
13-07-2019, 03:47 PM
Thanks for your replies guys.

However when I even just simply try to pair the phone starting the telephone app, it just shows me a blank screen with text "Starting 'Telephone'...".
I havent paired my phone before as its a new car and i cant delete anything. I've also reset everything to Factory Settings.

Out of options. but I think it's a faulty bluetooth module. Any idea how I can replace it?

Thanks again

Hillbilly
13-07-2019, 05:11 PM
Thanks for your replies guys.

However when I even just simply try to pair the phone starting the telephone app, it just shows me a blank screen with text "Starting 'Telephone'...".
I havent paired my phone before as its a new car and i cant delete anything. I've also reset everything to Factory Settings.

Out of options. but I think it's a faulty bluetooth module. Any idea how I can replace it?

Thanks again Try using the MFD in the dash and go to telephone and try and work from there

fadyilias
13-07-2019, 11:59 PM
Try using the MFD in the dash and go to telephone and try and work from there

Thanks Hillbilly, I've tried that but get the same message "Starting 'telephone'..."