PDA

View Full Version : Interior lighting operation, PLEASE help....

WogsRus
26-06-2019, 09:25 PM
Question guys.

I have a my18.5 passat alltrack and i have a question regarding interior lights.

My interior lights dim up when you open the door and dim down when you close the door.

Same when you lock the car etc.

However, i swear to god that they use to auto illuminate on when the car ignition was switched off at night after driving. Now it doesn't do it.

They still come on when you open the door after driving and ignition switched off, at night, like old school car, but not when the ignition is first switched off.

How do your lights operate?

dArK5HaD0w
26-06-2019, 10:31 PM
Tis similar behavior with my Superb MY17 - switch ignition off, interior lights remain off. Open door, then interior lights switch on, and coming home lights.

My previous Skoda, an MY11 Octavia, the interior lights would switch on after the ignition was switched off, before the door was opened.
Open the door, and coming home lights activate.

I much prefer the older way - ignition off, interior lights on.
Now I have to open the door, so I don't fumble in the dark to gather my things.

Maybe it can b coded to behave differently.

Jondalar
27-06-2019, 04:19 PM
Pretty sure my MY18 Alltrack the lights come on with ignition off, will check tonight

WogsRus
27-06-2019, 07:46 PM
Pretty sure my MY18 Alltrack the lights come on with ignition off, will check tonight

Thanks Mate

I am sure mine did this.

Jondalar
27-06-2019, 09:14 PM
Unfortunately when I checked tonight it didn't do it, only when door opened. Bugger b

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk