PDA

View Full Version : Arteon engine code

s14
27-05-2019, 08:57 AM
Hi guys,

I've been researching up on the ea888 engines we have in our Arteons and found that we have Engine modification number DJHC and not CJX. I can't find any info on this engine and why it differs from the Golf R engines as i was led to believe that they shared the same exact engine.
Does anyone know where i can find this info?

Info on the ea888 engine and the differences between them: VW Audi 2.0 TSI/TFSI EA888 Gen 1/2/3 Engine specs, problems, reliability, oil, Golf, Passat, Tiguan (http://www.motorreviewer.com/engine.php?engine_id=119)

doc_777
27-05-2019, 09:57 AM
A potential lead for you - engine codes are often suffixed with codes that indicate ancillary differences - could be anything from a different exhaust manifold, to aircon compressor location....anything that makes up a packaging difference without necessarily affecting the internal components of the engine. This is because engines are assembled in stages - and the same base product gets packaged differently for different installation requirements - prepackaging undertaken post engine assembly, but prior to delivery to the vehicle assembly line as part of the whole Just In Time methodology. That way the same base engine assembly can be warehoused and then routed for packaging for inclusion in any one of a myriad vehicle builds/configs.

s14
27-05-2019, 01:09 PM
Thanks doc_777, makes a lot of sense. If I find any more info, I'll post it up.

nickbeh
28-05-2019, 09:58 AM
All the tuning companies in Sydney i have reached out to so far have say the engine and gearbox are from the Golf R.
It has been de-tuned to suit he more civilized approach.

MrAskani
04-06-2019, 09:32 AM
I wonder if it can be re-tuned to be the same as the golf. My leather seats are civilised enough. I want the power back in the powerplant!!

nickbeh
04-06-2019, 01:52 PM
anyone a coding guru?

the only thing i find that differs from my mates R is the oil temps..his do sit lower than mine after we did a few digs and rolls the other night.. which sparks my thought that it may be an additional oil cooler that we are missing?

any one else know what else we may be missing?

Regards

DreamensioN
06-06-2019, 10:44 AM
anyone a coding guru?

the only thing i find that differs from my mates R is the oil temps..his do sit lower than mine after we did a few digs and rolls the other night.. which sparks my thought that it may be an additional oil cooler that we are missing?

any one else know what else we may be missing?

Regards

Yeah I do believe there is an oil cooler in the Golf R. My previous R sat around 85-90C with oil temps, and only ever went over 100C if I was pushing it or going up a mountain range. The Arteon sits 100C+ all the time, however I think this is better as it means it's hot enough to evaporate any condensation that ends up in the oil.