PDA

View Full Version : Best Position for E-toll Tag

MrAskani
15-05-2019, 07:28 PM
Weird question but where would be the best place for an E-toll tag?
Does it have to be in the clear glass or can it be in the darkened part of the window near the camera?

Do we think that would work there? Just don't really want it out anywhere else on the window.

Cheers for thoughts.

MrAskani
15-05-2019, 07:29 PM
PS sorry for potato photo... one handed

HiddenTaco
15-05-2019, 10:17 PM
Doesn't need clear glass.

Tuck it in at the top drivers side. Just make sure it can slide out of the clip.

Keep the passenger side clean for a dash cam as that will obstruct the view if on drivers side.

DreamensioN
16-05-2019, 11:05 AM
Mine is behind the dark part of the glass butted right up in the corner where the camera housing and the roof lining meet on the passenger side of the car.

I can't see it when I'm driving and you can barely see it from outside the car.

Vedi
16-05-2019, 11:43 AM
Keep the passenger side clean for a dash cam as that will obstruct the view if on drivers side.

This is a pro tip.

MrAskani
17-05-2019, 11:34 AM
Doesn't need clear glass.

Tuck it in at the top drivers side. Just make sure it can slide out of the clip.

This is a pro tip.

Yes. yes it is. Thanks for the advice gents.

Speaking of Dash Cams... any good tips on quality dash cams?

Hillbilly
17-05-2019, 02:24 PM
Yes. yes it is. Thanks for the advice gents.

Speaking of Dash Cams... any good tips on quality dash cams?
I will bang on as usual about Blackvue cameras Best deal is a 750S 2 channel set on 30FPS at highest resolution Will cost you about $600 Cheaper quite good cameras are Viofo and Street Guardian. Then Thinkware and not much else

Gator doesnt get a mention on Dashcamtalk which is the bible on dashcams and the videos and reviews I looked up werent flash

doc_777
17-05-2019, 03:20 PM
Gator 1080P - GHDVR82W. Available for around the $150 mark. Decent app, very good camera.