PDA

View Full Version : What did you pay for your Passat?

OilBurna
07-02-2008, 09:14 AM
Jsut curious I'm happy to share if others are.

Model - 103kw poor mans TDI Wagon. (its Jan 07 Compliance build Oct 06)

bought May 07.

Options:

See Sig. ie Dead Cow and Sunroof.

Dealer - Rex Gorell in Geelong Vic.

Car was in stock, otherwise looking at 3-4 month wait.

$46209 Drive Away, not bad compared to a ex demo one I saw at Barloworld Glen Waverley, the only difference having 18 inch alloys and met paint which sold for over 52k..

xcgumby
09-02-2008, 07:42 AM
2005 3B6 V6 Wagon. Auto, dead cow, complete roof. 17"s $47k on road purchased 7/2006. 15 000kms

richdave
13-02-2008, 10:09 PM
07 build - 08 compliance, brand new 125Kw DSG wagon with leather, sunroof, foggies, bluetooth, iPod adaptor, metalic paint. $52.4K drive away :D... List is $58.6K j:

Pete57
15-02-2008, 03:45 PM
08 compliance - 125tdi wagon, mocha metallic paint, 18inch Chicago wheels, memory seats, auto tailgate

$53K drive away.

We ordered early Jan, deliver early April

Was done to the Passat or wait for the Holden Sportswagon Calais V spec...

richdave
15-02-2008, 10:20 PM
08 compliance - 125tdi wagon, mocha metallic paint, 18inch Chicago wheels, memory seats, auto tailgate

$53K drive away.

Thats a good saving - almost 7% off list

RWK
18-02-2008, 11:21 AM
Hi, I am new to this forum. I have just ordered my new Passat Sedan TDi 125kw DSG (Black Pearl in Colour) through company salary package scheme. The car will arrive in 5 months time (July approx) as the factory order has just been sent through to Germany. Please comment as I think I got an extremely cheap deal.

Here are the details of the car.

Drive Away Price : $53,221.25
Options : Metallic Paint, Fog Lights, Alarm, Electric Seats with Memory, Sunroof, Leather Package with heated seat (Black Leather), Bi-Xenon Headlights with cornering light, Satellite Navigation RNS 510, 1st Tank Fuel and Darkest Legal windows tinting.

List is $63,429

richdave
18-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Drive Away Price : $53,221.25
Options : Metallic Paint, Fog Lights, Alarm, Electric Seats with Memory, Sunroof, Leather Package with heated seat (Black Leather), Bi-Xenon Headlights with cornering light, Satellite Navigation RNS 510, 1st Tank Fuel and Darkest Legal windows tinting.

List is $63,429

That is an astounding deal on the face of it. 16% off RRP however most of the saving (I suspect) is due to it being a GST exempt purchase.... if so it still represents aprox 7.5% discount off the pre GST price which is great by anyones figures.

Will you use the car mainly as a business vehicle or is it mainly private use?

RWK
18-02-2008, 12:54 PM
That is an astounding deal on the face of it. 16% off RRP however most of the saving (I suspect) is due to it being a GST exempt purchase.... if so it still represents aprox 7.5% discount off the pre GST price which is great by anyones figures.

Will you use the car mainly as a business vehicle or is it mainly private use?

It's GST Exempted. Also mainly for private use.

Also i wanted to find out. I saw a lot of clips from You Tube about this car.
For the electric seat with memory, would the seat slide backward when the door is open for entering the vehicle, like those topline BMW or Merc. Coz in the clips there. The seat actually doest that. Could anyone who has memory seat answer my question. Thanks!!

vanDub
19-02-2008, 09:34 PM
MY08, 08 build (Feb or Mar), Granite Metallic Passat sedan TDI (125kw), DSG, leather seats, all on roads with Vic rego, drive away with $2210 of accessories (tow bar, bonnet & headlight protectors, 4 mudflaps and rear sun blind).
List price $54688 getting it for $48620 (Corporate discount helped big time):D

guthrie
22-02-2008, 08:47 AM
would the seat slide backward when the door is open for entering the vehicle, like those topline BMW or Merc.

In my Passat, I have one seat position saved to one key (my wifes) and my seat position on mine. If the car is locked after my wife uses the car, the seat slides to my position when I use my key and open the door - if that makes sense..

On the topic of this thread, paid $55k inc Stamp Duty rego etc for a 103kW Tdi sedan with 18's and Sport Suspension, Sunroof, Leather with Electric seats, Dynaudio, Ipod adapter, integrated child seats, Bi-xenons and tint

R36 Dreamer
22-02-2008, 09:17 AM
Howdy,

Just finalised the order - thought it best to finalise before posting.

Final on road price for R36 Wagon with Auto Tailgate, iPod Prep, Sunroof was $64k

Considering all the options which come standard on the car I am pretty chuffed with the price.

Car is novated lease, so GST is deducted from the above - so it works out as a sharp price.

Now just the wait....

RWK
22-02-2008, 10:13 AM
In my Passat, I have one seat position saved to one key (my wifes) and my seat position on mine. If the car is locked after my wife uses the car, the seat slides to my position when I use my key and open the door - if that makes sense..

On the topic of this thread, paid $55k inc Stamp Duty rego etc for a 103kW Tdi sedan with 18's and Sport Suspension, Sunroof, Leather with Electric seats, Dynaudio, Ipod adapter, integrated child seats, Bi-xenons and tint

Thanks, I actually went to the dealership and got the same answer as what you have said here. Cheers.

t25turbo
22-02-2008, 03:47 PM
R36 Dreamer - I am very keen for one of these also. WIth that novated lease, can (will) you keep the car at the end of the lease? I assume that is when you can opt to pay the 40% balloon payment and keep the car, or re-do the lease with another car? Or am I off track?
I can get one of these before tax deals through work as well, where everything is included, but you have to do 25,000kms or a set amount of kms per year or else you attract FBT. This package is where they include the tyres, rego, fuel, servicing and everything else. definitely worth considering (for me).

richdave
22-02-2008, 04:42 PM
I can get one of these before tax deals through work as well, where everything is included, but you have to do 25,000kms or a set amount of kms per year or else you attract FBT.

The FBT can be calculated 2 ways...

Statutory method - fixed percentage of car purchase price based on your annual milage. Best suited to people with high Km's and high personal usage.
Low KM's costs a bomb! Usually used by lease companie and employers as it is easy to administer.

Total kms PA Vs Statutory %

Less than 15,000 - 26%

15,000 to 24,999 - 20%

25,000 to 40,000 - 11%

Over 40,000 - 7%

Thus a 50K car would have FBT of $13K if you do less than 15,000km PA on top of the cost of your lease...

Operating Cost method - based on the the actual operating cost of the car and the % personal use. Best suits people with high business usage and is independant of milage. High business % but low annual milage makes the FBT really low. Usually better option for employees esp is the car is a tool of trade car (sales reps, service techs etc)

Thus a car that cost $15K PA to run (lease, fuel etc) and was 85% business use, the FBT would be $2475.00 on top of the cost of your lease...

Both methods allow the FBT to be offset by an after tax contribution on a dollar for dollar basis.

Bare in mind that a novated lease will include the "expected" FBT liability in the monthly payments and as long as you do the required km PA or your business usage % is as expected (depending on the method used) you wont have any issues.

http://calculators.ato.gov.au/scripts/axos/axos.asp?CONTEXT=&KBS=FBT_car.xr4&go=ok

This link is to the ATO calculator if ya want to play with it.

I had a novated lease and had to do 25K PA and found myself driving up and down the freeway EVERY day for a few weeks to hit the magic milage by year end so my FBT did not go from 11% to 20% and be forced to find an extra $4K to give the tax man.

I have gone with a CHP arrangement this time and write off my business % of depreciation, running exp, and interest. But then I do low km's and have high business usage (85-90%)

BTW. I'm no expert and donot presume to offer advice... just giving some public domain info for consideration along with my own experiences.

BOTTOM LINE... get your own financial advice before you rush into anything....

slitko
03-03-2008, 10:50 PM
Guys does the build and compliance date make a big difference in price?

Just an example I ordered my EOS and had to re-order it already for the new satnav system. So it is a 2007 build car but 2008 compliance model. I should get it cheaper since it was built last year yeah? I have already gotten $6k off the price but want more now since it is a 2007 built car.

RWK
04-03-2008, 09:25 AM
Guys does the build and compliance date make a big difference in price?

Just an example I ordered my EOS and had to re-order it already for the new satnav system. So it is a 2007 build car but 2008 compliance model. I should get it cheaper since it was built last year yeah? I have already gotten $6k off the price but want more now since it is a 2007 built car.

Only when you sell your car in future, it does make a HUGE difference as it's considered as 2007 not 2008.

rark
20-04-2008, 05:00 PM
Jan 2008 Build - March 2008 Compliance.

TDI 125KW Sedan - Silver
$44,500 Driveaway
Wagga Prestige Motors

Car had just arrived at dealer as floor stock 2 days earlier. 11kms on the odometer. We'd sold my wifes car privately on the weekend and we 'desperate' for a new car, and could not wait for a Passat with leather.

Steve
20-04-2008, 05:49 PM
Howdy,

Just finalised the order - thought it best to finalise before posting.

Final on road price for R36 Wagon with Auto Tailgate, iPod Prep, Sunroof was $64k

Considering all the options which come standard on the car I am pretty chuffed with the price.

Car is novated lease, so GST is deducted from the above - so it works out as a sharp price.

Now just the wait....

Damn, that's a great price.

Our R36 will be $77947 on road. This includes sat-nav, auto tailgate, Bluetooth, and window tinting. All the other stuff - registration, stamp duty, and delivery "fee" add up... $5100-ish of options and about the same for other charges!

edoom
21-04-2008, 02:34 PM
Steve, did you get any discounts at all? 78K for a VW sedan is pretty deep.

I am seriously considering the R36, but that will be based on the possibility of a discount (mind you, at one time R32 carried $6K *advertised* discount).

At this stage, I'd like to say to myself, I am not going to commit for over $65 (stock, no options - hmm.. maybe a sunroof..)

I know there are a few ppl pre-orderred R36, I wonder what kind of luck do they have?

I work for a public company, but we are relatively too small, we do have a lease program, but I don't even know how that works....

Cheers,

Steve #2 :P

Northy
21-04-2008, 06:15 PM
My R36 Wagon set me back $81,000 on road Satnav, Dynaudio, Bluetooth, Tint, Auto Tail Gate.

PS I paid full RRP as the dealer wasn't going to move on price...and when its on pre order you dont have much choice.

Steve
21-04-2008, 06:41 PM
Steve, did you get any discounts at all? 78K for a VW sedan is pretty deep.
Nah, none at all - the dealer wouldn't move, though I didn't try very hard.

It wouldn't have been worth the hassle to save a few hundred bucks, since that was probably all I could have hoped for anyway.

Vene
22-04-2008, 11:30 AM
Damn, that's a great price.

Our R36 will be $77947 on road. This includes sat-nav, auto tailgate, Bluetooth, and window tinting. All the other stuff - registration, stamp duty, and delivery "fee" add up... $5100-ish of options and about the same for other charges!

That seems cheap for the options you've listed. Would've expected it close to $83k. Was the $78k price inclusive of stamp duty, GST?

Steve
22-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Yeah, that's a drive away price. Base price of the car is $66990, $5114 of options/accessories, $728 registration, $2620 stamp duty, and an enormous $2495 dealer delivery... sigh. GST is included on the total cost of the car and options etc.

Vene
22-04-2008, 12:42 PM
Yeah, that's a drive away price. Base price of the car is $66990, $5114 of options/accessories, $728 registration, $2620 stamp duty, and an enormous $2495 dealer delivery... sigh. GST is included on the total cost of the car and options etc.

/Sigh at government charges. I've optioned up the car with Sat Nav / Rev Cam / Auto Tailgate / Sunroof / Dynaudio......the LCT on that is rediculous. LCT should not apply to options in my opinion. Its artficially inflating the price and unfortunately I can't add these options post delivery. Final price is over $80k :(

theplanner
22-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Mine is a sedan for $78629 drive away includes sunroof, dynaudio, satnav, tint, 6yr extended warranty, full tank of full and floor mats (which I think comes standard anyway?)

Northy
22-04-2008, 11:45 PM
and an enormous $2495 dealer delivery.

You think thats steep mine is $3485 :? but less stamp duty....go figure.

R36 Dreamer
23-04-2008, 08:31 AM
[QUOTE=Steve.;151807]Nah, none at all - the dealer wouldn't move, though I didn't try very hard.

Removed

RWK
23-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Dont want to rain on everyones parade, however I have an purchase order here from Feb 08.

Specs are
Biscap Blue Wagon with Auto Tailgate ($681.82), Sunroof ($1809.09), Ipod Adaptor ($300), Full Tank of Fuel.

Total Purchase Amount is $67,313.93.

Dealer Delivery $900.

The above amount includes LCT and GST.

No Trade.

I should point out I am a repeat customer of VW and get "Gold" Fleet pricing.

Don't you have to pay STAMP DUTY???? Which country do you live?

R36 Dreamer
23-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Don't you have to pay STAMP DUTY???? Which country do you live?

Sorry, and it includes stamp duty.

Vene
24-04-2008, 08:57 AM
You think thats steep mine is $3485 :? but less stamp duty....go figure.

Mine was $2700.......heck for $2700 per car wash, I'd start washing cars myself!!!!

Wyatt
26-04-2008, 11:44 AM
I also got a fleet discount on the R36. If there's any way you can access this, do it. It makes a huge difference (over $10K to the end price). This is heaps better than my last 2 Mazdas which ran at about $2.5K each.

Vene
28-04-2008, 09:14 AM
I would use a novated lease however I simply don't do enough kms to make it tax effective. I think the optimum mileage would be around 20,000 pa. I'd be lucky to make 10k.

edoom
11-05-2008, 02:31 PM
For those who pre-ordered your R36...

As you may have heard by now that LCT will increase soon (with be announced on Tues), is your final price going to be increaed accordingly, or what you agreed to pay is what you will pay, end of story?

I am thinking to pre-order to avoid more tax....

F Labor Robin Hood budgets.... I did not, will never vote for them

richdave
11-05-2008, 04:30 PM
As you may have heard by now that LCT will increase soon (with be announced on Tues

Please post a sourse to validate this claim. I have not seen/heard anything nor did a google search find any obvious reports... (perhaps I'm living under a rock these days)

Anyway, the LCT rate is not the real issue, it's the absurd low level it cuts in at... $57K is hardly a "luxury" car IMO. perhaps the refreshing altenate to Jonny Howard will raise the cut in and raise the rate to make the tax grab roughtly the same.

I like the Robin Hood theory FWIW.

Northy
11-05-2008, 05:28 PM
our prices will not be effected, you will only pay more if you sign your contract after the bring in the tax rise.

richdave
11-05-2008, 06:10 PM
Just saw it on the news! from 25% up to 33%. No mention of changing the threshold though :-(

3Putt
11-05-2008, 06:30 PM
Why aren't these policies put forward and discussed DURING ELECTION CAMPAIGNS, not 8 months after the poll.

Might affect they way we vote, don't you reckon?!?!

Whats next? Can't wait to see what my income tax rate will be next year.

He better not take my baby bonus off me! Might get the wife to push a bit harder anyway, just in case!

By the way, when are the troops coming home Kev?

And whats with all these interest rate rises Kev?

Time for another 'recession we have to have' hey? Yeah, the one we have to have every time Labour gets in!

richdave
11-05-2008, 06:48 PM
And whats with all these interest rate rises Kev?!

The current economic environment is a mixture of the global conditions and the LIBERAL policies.. you cannot expect Labour to "fix" things in 8 months.

theplanner
11-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Labour = more taxes
Labour = anti productivity
Despite some policies that I do not neccessary agree with, Liberal appears the only party that tries to reduce the tax burden and improve productivity. And the latter is how we need to grow our well developed economy.

Labours making their move on taxes already after only a short period in office:
Alcohol Tax
LCT
not to include all the other state (labour party) only taxes
and sure there are many more to come

VolksFlagon
12-05-2008, 01:57 PM
Hi,

Just recieved a new 2008 build Passat Wagon V6 in granit with roof, tail gate drive away for $57,800. I think list was about $64k

Very happy with it but the 2008 wheels on the V6 dont look as good as the 2007 model IMO.

OilBurna
12-05-2008, 02:06 PM
awesome price Volksflagon love to see some pics..

Cro
12-05-2008, 05:17 PM
I just got the official paperwork from my dealer..
R36 Sedan
CD Changer
RNS510 Sat Nav
Dynaudio
Bluetooth Kit
Euro Plates
$76,642

Even though it's a non discounted price I'm quite happy that it is well under my original estimates of 81k :D

Steve
12-05-2008, 06:00 PM
Damn, that's a great price. I was a bit surprised that with the CD changer and Dynaudio it was cheaper than mine until I noticed it was a sedan... heh!

I'm still cut I couldn't get Dynaudio. Hmph!

Vene
13-05-2008, 04:38 PM
That's a good price.....I ordered the wagon fully loaded with all the options and its definitely over the $81k :(

VolksFlagon
20-05-2008, 06:16 PM
awesome price Volksflagon love to see some pics..

Will do - after the next wash!!

slitko
20-05-2008, 08:03 PM
I ordered the car on the day it was released in Australia(had to wait 5 months though :( ) with:

2.0FSI Model, Leather+Memory Seats, SatNva, BiXenons, Pearl Paint, 5 years VW warranty.

At that time it came to $59K on the road. I am sure could do much better deal now though ;)

Cro
10-06-2008, 12:11 PM
I just got the official paperwork from my dealer..
R36 Sedan
CD Changer
RNS510 Sat Nav
Dynaudio
Bluetooth Kit
Euro Plates
$76,642

Even though it's a non discounted price I'm quite happy that it is well under my original estimates of 81k :D

Update, I just found out that I am eligible for a 10% discount because the company I work for has a VW Corporate discount.
This is an absolute bonus, as this drops the price down to 68k :D

Time to up the km per year targets :)

Steve
10-06-2008, 01:11 PM
Lucky you!

I get no such discount :(

TDIMAN
10-06-2008, 07:45 PM
06 build, 07 compliant,103kw TDI, Sliver, Leather, mud flaps, bonnet protector, towbar and sunroof. Paid $50,500. I though this was pretty good considering the local dealer quoted be over 55K

Deep Black
24-06-2008, 10:10 PM
08 Passat Wagon, 125 KW TDI, Deep Black PE Paint, Leather Seat (Inc. Floor Mates), Fog Lights, Tinted Windows, Boot Tray and Rubber Floor Mates. To be delivered next week. SA rego for 12 months.
$52060 Drive away.

snodrogs
28-06-2008, 05:56 PM
Took delivery of my 125kW Mocha Pearl effect TDi wagon yesterday.

Optioned with Leather, memory seats, alarm, fog lights, sunroof, tint, mud spats and bonnet/headlight protectors. Oh and electric tailgate.

Drive away $52k with the fleet discount as it is my Co. vehicle through a leasing company. :)

Took it for a 300km run south of Perth and back this morning after setting up the seat and mirror memories etc for the wife and I (she-who-must-be-obeyed being a foot shorter than me). The trip computer might be a little off (I have read that most people say the figure indicates a little better compared with their manual calcs), but it is currently showing 6.2l/100km average consumption, with about 70/30 highway/city split.

I gave it a few squirts (not too high revs) and it just felt like it wanted to go! I am very, very pleased. It has a comfortably firm ride quality (stepping from a new Berlina into this is a PLEASURE - felt like I was on a trampoline in the Holden). No rattles or knocks of any concern (radio off most of the time to listen out). :biggrin: The only thing a little suss is the outisde temp gauge, which has only moved from 15.5-18DegC since I picked the car up. Loose connection perhaps? :???:

If you are in Perth, I have read a lot of positive reports about the guys at Osborne Park VW. My leasing company purchased the car from John Hughes VW in Victoria Park and I can only give positive feedback about the two guys I dealt with here. Both Jamie and Richard know their stuff and I found them to be honest and easy to deal with. Go take a look here too. Competition is good for the consumer!!

Now, I wonder how that AVC9000 would look in place of the std radio?? ;-)

gead
07-11-2008, 06:48 PM
white r36 wagon with all the options (sat nav, dynaudio, auto tailgate and compulsory sunroof with the white paint) 73k driveaway....subject to test drive this weekend....

Breno
08-11-2008, 06:53 AM
white r36 wagon with all the options (sat nav, dynaudio, auto tailgate and compulsory sunroof with the white paint) 73k driveaway....subject to test drive this weekend....

How tempting............. Oh the Humanity, can you imagine what the haters would say, another VAG in the villiage :bowdown:

KWICKS
01-12-2008, 12:28 PM
What's one more Breno

gead
02-12-2008, 01:43 PM
i have heard that you can get an r36 for $66K driveaway provided it's in stock....not sure what options that comes with....

Gipper
02-12-2008, 02:59 PM
i have heard that you can get an r36 for $66K driveaway provided it's in stock....not sure what options that comes with....

Yeah that sounds about right buit the ones I have seen for those prices have no options at all. Otherwise I would have bought one already

passatpout
03-12-2008, 12:25 PM
For mine, here's a straight copy of the paperwork. Ex demonstrator, with 5256km on the odo when I collected it.

Volkswagen MY08 Passat 2.0 TDI DSG 125kW 2.0l 4d Wagon Auto Dsl

Base car: $42,718.18
Options:
Fog lights $445.45
Sunroof $1809.09
Towbar $1501.00
Steering wheel paddles, leather, window tint - no charge.
Fleet discount $3216.36
Dealer delivery $2722.73 (not happy about that much).
Rego $588.63
Stamp Duty $1568.77
LCT - Nil
Security rego fee (lease cost) $15

Total price financed $49,047.49

And the best part - payroll haven't deducted any lease payments yet.. so it's cost me nothing (yet... until they try to catch up 3 months in one hit).

Running costs aren't too bad either - I'm easily getting better than 6.7l/100km (the stated average) for doing about 60/40 open road/city driving.

The biggest catch now - it'll be going on another Melbourne - Newcastle trip over Christmas, and I can't see me doing 3000km before Christmas for the service, so I might have to get it done up there, if there's a place open...

R36
03-12-2008, 02:44 PM
For mine, here's a straight copy of the paperwork. Ex demonstrator, with 5256km on the odo when I collected it.

Volkswagen MY08 Passat 2.0 TDI DSG 125kW 2.0l 4d Wagon Auto Dsl

Base car: $42,718.18
Options:
Fog lights $445.45
Sunroof $1809.09
Towbar $1501.00
Steering wheel paddles, leather, window tint - no charge.
Fleet discount $3216.36
Dealer delivery $2722.73 (not happy about that much).
Rego $588.63
Stamp Duty $1568.77
LCT - Nil
Security rego fee (lease cost) $15

Total price financed $49,047.49

And the best part - payroll haven't deducted any lease payments yet.. so it's cost me nothing (yet... until they try to catch up 3 months in one hit).

Running costs aren't too bad either - I'm easily getting better than 6.7l/100km (the stated average) for doing about 60/40 open road/city driving.

The biggest catch now - it'll be going on another Melbourne - Newcastle trip over Christmas, and I can't see me doing 3000km before Christmas for the service, so I might have to get it done up there, if there's a place open...

Good choice - we had a TDI wagon while waiting for the R36. Are there different categories of fleet discounts? We got 10% with a reduced dealer delivery of $995 without any negotiation when I bought mine in August.

gead
03-12-2008, 02:58 PM
Good choice - we had a TDI wagon while waiting for the R36. Are there different categories of fleet discounts? We got 10% with a reduced dealer delivery of $995 without any negotiation when I bought mine in August.

thats what i got as well...unexpected but most welcome

nting
03-02-2009, 05:12 PM
Ok just signed this deal on Saturday. It'll be our first new car. Phew, bit steep but I hope it will be worth it. :)

Here's what I got:

MY09 Passat Wagon
125kw 2.0l TDI
White
Black Leather
Electric Seats
Electric Sunroof
BiXenon Lights
Park Assist
Auto Tailgate
Window Tinting
12 Months Rego

Paid $55,500 drive away.

We got a corporate discount because of my wife's professional membership (10% off RRP for car + reduced dealer delivery). We also then bargain a little bit more.

It's being built in early March 09 and will arrive around May 09. It'll be a very long wait.

tryingavw
04-02-2009, 07:20 AM
Ok just signed this deal on Saturday. It'll be our first new car. Phew, bit steep but I hope it will be worth it. :)

Here's what I got:

MY09 Passat Wagon
125kw 2.0l TDI
White
Black Leather
Electric Seats
Electric Sunroof
BiXenon Lights
Park Assist
Auto Tailgate
Window Tinting
12 Months Rego

Paid $55,500 drive away.

We got a corporate discount because of my wife's professional membership (10% off RRP for car + reduced dealer delivery). We also then bargain a little bit more.

It's being built in early March 09 and will arrive around May 09. It'll be a very long wait.

ours similar, switching sat nav for sunroof and we paid 3k more. great deal.

vwrallycar
10-02-2009, 06:50 PM
mine is a new MY09 125kw sedan, mocca, black leather, fog lights, windows tinted.
$47000 driveaway

Autopia
10-02-2009, 09:40 PM

My leasing company has secured me a price of $67500 for an R36 with Nav, roof, Dynaudio and tailgate. Just have to wait for my employer to get it's act together to set it all up.

firefly
10-02-2009, 09:52 PM
Wow!
That ain't a bad deal at all!!
I'm looking at the same options as you've got, but price given to me was waaay over yours...even with fleet discount etc. How did the company organise that deal?

Do you mind telling me which dealer it was - you can PM if you like?

BTW - do you think the Dynaudio is worth it? - I haven't heard that system yet.

How long until you get your wagon?

Cheers!

Autopia
10-02-2009, 10:31 PM
Wow!
That ain't a bad deal at all!!
I'm looking at the same options as you've got, but price given to me was waaay over yours...even with fleet discount etc. How did the company organise that deal?

Do you mind telling me which dealer it was - you can PM if you like?

BTW - do you think the Dynaudio is worth it? - I haven't heard that system yet.

How long until you get your wagon?

Cheers!

PM sent. :bluesbro:

R36
11-02-2009, 06:22 AM
My leasing company has secured me a price of $67500 for an R36 with Nav, roof, Dynaudio and tailgate. Just have to wait for my employer to get it's act together to set it all up.

Is this price ex GST via a salary packaging arrangement with some GST payable on the residual/payout later?

Autopia
13-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Is this price ex GST via a salary packaging arrangement with some GST payable on the residual/payout later?

No GST payable on the payout. My employer assumes responsibility for the GST component and claims it back from the ATO.
Not actually sure if the price is ex GST though. I'll check.

Swallowtail
13-02-2009, 11:35 PM
Novated lease arrangements usually have GST payable on the residual... at least on the 3 I've been in that has always been the case.

They deduct the GST from the purchase price, finance what's left (i.e. 10/11s), but you pay GST on the monthly lease payment and the residual on termination.

Autopia
14-02-2009, 11:49 AM
Novated lease arrangements usually have GST payable on the residual... at least on the 3 I've been in that has always been the case.

They deduct the GST from the purchase price, finance what's left (i.e. 10/11s), but you pay GST on the monthly lease payment and the residual on termination.

I checked my paperwork and you're correct about the GST on the residual.

However, the monthly GST is claimed back as an input credit by my employer so there's no cost to me.