PDA

View Full Version : US models has relocated USB and wireless charger. Retrofit for us?

norasian
09-05-2019, 04:18 AM
Has anyone noticed that the US models of Arteon har another placement of the USB port under the climate?
For European and other models the USB is located inside the little tray under the climate, ending up stealing some space from the tray.

May we hope that this can be retrofitted to our cars?

DreamensioN
09-05-2019, 09:10 AM
Has anyone noticed that the US models of Arteon har another placement of the USB port under the climate?
For European and other models the USB is located inside the little tray under the climate, ending up stealing some space from the tray.

May we hope that this can be retrofitted to our cars?

I would prefer if they put the wireless charging back in. In Australia, the 2017 Skoda Superb had Qi wireless charging in the tray, but the 2018 model had it removed. Same with the Arteon, I've heard in other countries there is wireless charging (and there's even some mention of it on the VW material online that I found ages ago), but in Australia at least, it has been deleted.

Do you have a USB port inside your middle arm rest between the front seats? I've got USB there, in the tray under the climate control, and in the center console for the back seats.

ope126
09-05-2019, 10:19 AM
Love my wireless charging!:banana:

MrAskani
09-05-2019, 01:11 PM
I've got wireless charging in my 2019 Arteon, but it's such a stupidly small area with that USB port block in there that most decent sized phones don't fit in there. I wish they would put that USB port somewhere else and make the wireless charging spot accessible again.

norasian
09-05-2019, 11:33 PM
I would prefer if they put the wireless charging back in. In Australia, the 2017 Skoda Superb had Qi wireless charging in the tray, but the 2018 model had it removed. Same with the Arteon, I've heard in other countries there is wireless charging (and there's even some mention of it on the VW material online that I found ages ago), but in Australia at least, it has been deleted.

Do you have a USB port inside your middle arm rest between the front seats? I've got USB there, in the tray under the climate control, and in the center console for the back seats.

Yes, I have USB the same places as you have got, but I also have the wireless charging in the tray. The only problem is that the USB inside the tray steals from the width of the charging tray. Making it only possible to charge something like an iPhone 8 without the case.

Would be nice if we could retrofit the USB plug outside the tray, like in the image AND having wireless charging.

norasian
09-05-2019, 11:36 PM
I've got wireless charging in my 2019 Arteon, but it's such a stupidly small area with that USB port block in there that most decent sized phones don't fit in there. I wish they would put that USB port somewhere else and make the wireless charging spot accessible again.

Got the same thing going here. Such a weird decision to make by VW when knowing how phones have been lately.

REK
13-05-2019, 09:06 AM
If you have a big phone like the S9+ I find that the phone fits on top of the cup holders without it sliding around. I've been meaning to 3D print a wireless charger that'll fit snugly into the the holder.

SdvolksArteon
11-11-2019, 04:23 AM
What we get in the states, USB outside of the pocket, and just a slot with nothing but a blank secret door that looks like a wireless charger could be placed

https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/cc7e38abb57108bec096c2e74869c390-1.jpghttps://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2019/11/dce0e9af6aa34b1e4c6b57c21037fa7c-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk