PDA

View Full Version : 2016 Alltrack TDi engine wobble, and clunk from transmission.

megamannz
07-05-2019, 01:50 PM
Hi,
I have had my Passat Alltrack for a few months now and love the car, its just coming up to three years old and the end of the warranty.
I have two issues that concern me a little. First the engine is very wobbly, i have wokred on a heap of cars over the years and owned a lot too but have never seen an engine this wobbly. I cant see a broken engine mount so maybe this is just the way they are designed? Does anyone with a Diesel also feel the engine wobble when it starts/stops and also when is engages gears after coasting in the ECO mode?
The other thing is a clunk from the gearbox, at low speeds in ECO mode mostly when the gearbox engages/dis-engages there is a clunk which seems a bit too loud to me. Also happens when going from rive to reverse?

Any similar issues out there?

curly747
08-05-2019, 06:09 PM
I have a 2016 Alltrack diesel. I haven't noticed an engine wobble or a clunk. I use eco a lot and it's very smooth for me. I would be taking it to the dealer while you are still in warranty.

Jondalar
09-05-2019, 11:48 AM
Mine is an MY18 with 30k on it, no engine wobble or clunk in ECO mode. It's very smooth for a diesel.

doc_777
09-05-2019, 12:34 PM
Yeah, i’d be getting that checked out. Doesn’t sound normal to me either

megamannz
14-05-2019, 04:48 PM
Well I took the car into Kevin Denis VW and went for a drive with a technician.
Apparently all the noises are normal, still seems pretty agricultural to me but I guess that’s how it is.
The noise happens mostly when on and off the throttle between 20/25km when the transmission shifts from eco coast into 2nd gear.
Annoying, but if it’s ok then I just have to ignore it.

Jondalar
27-05-2019, 04:06 PM
Does your car have the customisable settings? I find on mine if I use that and just put the powertrain into Eco it prevents it from coasting but still uses the eco shift pattern. Prevents the clunk you can get when powertrain connects again after coasting...

Jondalar
27-05-2019, 04:50 PM
Does your car have the customisable settings? I find on mine if I use that and just put the powertrain into Eco it prevents it from coasting but still uses the eco shift pattern. Prevents the clunk you can get when powertrain connects again after coasting...