PDA

View Full Version : Part Code for Evaporator

rav
06-02-2008, 06:56 PM
hi,
does anyone know the part number for the Evaporator & the ac control unit on a 96 seat toledo 16v with ABF engine, i want to get a new evaporator but cannot get new one in melbourne only 2nd hand ones even then its around 200 bucks, does anyone know what sort of labor charge is involved in replacing the evaporator?

Golf Loon
06-02-2008, 08:53 PM
Its the same as an 8v Toledo if that helps.

Do you mean the control unit in the dash??
Most likely the cables have come off or the clips are broken. They are horrific, like the old Corrado ones.

rav
07-02-2008, 08:42 AM
hi golf,
would that be the same evaporator as golf ml3 8v if i buy a new one online?also do i need to replace the expansion valve?

do you know what sort of labor charge is involved since you have to take off the dash altogether to get to it?

also the pins are broken in the control unit in the dash and its blowing air all over the place , hey loon you have any ac control unit for the dash by any chance?

rav
11-02-2008, 05:01 PM
does any one know the part number for the evaporator?

Golf Loon
11-02-2008, 05:50 PM
The dial units are made of chewing gum and break. I took 3 apart to make my one, and you still have to be soooo gentle with it.

What is the evaporator?????

Why do you have to take the dash out??

No, none of it is the same as Golf3.

Jmac
11-02-2008, 10:08 PM
Mate i have a aprts listing for the evap, its in my van ill post it on tomorrow mate stay tuned
Cheers

rav
12-02-2008, 08:58 PM
thank you , much appreciated ;) i contacted a couple of mechanics at the price seems to be around a grand at this point to get the evaporator replaced? i am thinking maybe replace the heater code and also all the vacuums as well?
let me know your thoughts!

Golf Loon
13-02-2008, 09:14 AM
OK, I have just checked and I have a complete heater box and evaporator unit complete for your car. $250 if you want it.

rav
13-02-2008, 06:07 PM
OK, I have just checked and I have a complete heater box and evaporator unit complete for your car. $250 if you want it.

Hey Loon keep the kit on the side and i'll get the money organised in the next couple of weeks ;)

Jmac
13-02-2008, 07:32 PM
That is a bargain mate snap that up, you will need a reciever dryer too mate but they are cheap.
Cheers

rav
15-02-2008, 06:35 PM
Hey Golf,

could you please let me know what the part number is for that evaporator you have there also does anyone know the part number for the ac control unit in the dash?