PDA

View Full Version : Arteon vs Passat R-Line

Sedgie
23-04-2019, 10:40 AM
Hi All,
Currenly a happy owner of a MY18 Passat Comfortline wagon. At end of lease (3yr), looking at leasing another however this time I think I'll be tempted by the r-line.

That then got me looking at the Arteon. Aside from the obvious aesthetic differences, what else is there?

As far as I can tell the interiors are very similar, and all of the fruit is available on the r-line with lux pack?

Interested in your thoughts. My old man is also considering between the two.

cheers.

doc_777
23-04-2019, 11:46 AM
Wagon or hatch is really what it comes down to I reckon. There’s obvious mechanical and interior same-ness. If the 206 r line was still available as a sedan it might be a more direct competitor to the arteon, but the wagon (IMO) appeals to a different market than the hatch. As to specs, I think about the only thing you can get on the arteon that you can’t get on the 206 r-line is dynaudio.

Sedgie
23-04-2019, 12:07 PM
Wagon or hatch is really what it comes down to I reckon. There’s obvious mechanical and interior same-ness. If the 206 r line was still available as a sedan it might be a more direct competitor to the arteon, but the wagon (IMO) appeals to a different market than the hatch. As to specs, I think about the only thing you can get on the arteon that you can’t get on the 206 r-line is dynaudio.

Thanks Doc. What's dynaudio? And is it worth it? Lol.

HiddenTaco
23-04-2019, 03:23 PM
From memory:

Looks
Price
Arteon has a wider wheelbase
Arteon is heavier
Arteon is slightly slower 0-100
Arteon rear passenger has more leg room (check for your self, I might be wrong) but less head room
Not many on the road
Rear seat warmers (couldn't find if in Passat)

I was lead to believe by sales team over a year ago that the Arteon safety features were better. But the Passat was basically just a VCDS unlock away.

Same engine
Same dash (mostly)
Same gearbox
Same 4motion

Kowalski
24-04-2019, 07:13 AM
Dynaudio is the higher spec audio system. I haven't compared it to the standard spec, but my car has it and its just OK imo. Its also not digital which is disappointing.

Sedgie
24-04-2019, 07:14 AM
From memory:

Looks
Price
Arteon has a wider wheelbase
Arteon is heavier
Arteon is slightly slower 0-100
Arteon rear passenger has more leg room (check for your self, I might be wrong) but less head room
Not many on the road
Rear seat warmers (couldn't find if in Passat)

I was lead to believe by sales team over a year ago that the Arteon safety features were better. But the Passat was basically just a VCDS unlock away.

Same engine
Same dash (mostly)
Same gearbox
Same 4motion

Thank you very much, doesn't get more detailed than that.

has anybody spent any significant time in each? how does ride comfort compare for long trips?

Sedgie
24-04-2019, 07:15 AM
Dynaudio is the higher spec audio system. I haven't compared it to the standard spec, but my car has it and its just OK imo. Its also not digital which is disappointing.

I'm not all that impressed with my Passat wagon audio. it's ok like you said, but certainly nothing special, and a fair step down from what's in my old man's mazda 6.