PDA

View Full Version : ON passat 132Tsi R line Driver seat memory not working!?

P_132TSI_Rline
05-02-2019, 03:58 PM
Hi guys.Jus wonder if anyone had same issue with drivers seat.
Driver seat has memory for 2 drivers and when power car off it moves back so driver get out easier!
This morning all worked ok but later in the day I got in the car and it doesn't recognize memory any more , can't reset memory and seat doesn't move back any more either?
Memory buttons end set button don't react either?
Is there a setting solution to this or maybe car setting reboot?
Please any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

P_132TSI_Rline
06-02-2019, 07:15 AM
Well I guess none off you had this problem.
I did manage to get on top off this issue.
So if it happens to any other VW owners and this goes for all VW's with electric seats.
If your memory buttons dont work 1 and two and set button doesnt do a thing once pressed do the following :
1- Open the driver side door and stay outside off the car
2- Press ignition button (dont start the car)
3- Press the button to move seat all the way forward, once you cant move any more let button go and then press again (seat will move farward a bit)
4- Do the same to move seat all the way back till cant go bac any more, let button go and press again ( it will move back a bit)
5- Get in the car. Close door,start engine, set up the seat to your liking (farward,back,up,down,back....so on) than press set button and within 1 to 10 seconds press button 1 or 2 and hold till you hear confirmation sound.
6- At this point your memory should be restored an if you move seat forward up or down or back and press saved memory button 1 your seat will go back to set position.
Turn your car off and lock.
After 30 min whole memory and convenience easy entry with seat moving out off the way for easy exit and entry including seat going to your saved position when engine started will function as the day you pick up your car from dealer. Note no VCD or OBDELEVEN needed.
Hope this will help to anyone with same issues if they encounter it.

momall
14-02-2019, 03:18 PM
This is awesome info. Thanks Mate!

Tracer007
03-08-2019, 01:54 PM
Thanks you so much. This was driving me nuts. Great write up :-)

Hillbilly
03-08-2019, 08:26 PM
Another thing I found out is if like me you have long legs and my seat is quite a way back as normal driving position.

When I got car it worked Then after I adjusted it to where I wanted it it didnt.

Answer is that if you have it back beyond a certain point it wont go back itself

I readjusted things to have it about 40mm forward and now it works as intended

A flatish battery will give same problem as I found out on prev Passat

sidwhiting
26-08-2020, 11:26 AM
I wish I'd seen this a bit sooner!
I had exactly the same issue, and put it in to the dealer for a warranty "fix".
They did a reset, and replaced the key batteries, claiming low battery volts was the cause, and charged me $200 since low battery isn't covered by warranty!
VW Group didn't want to know about it, so Consumer Affairs is next.