PDA

View Full Version : 1995 seat ibiza - parts in brisbane??

mdbrisbane
04-02-2008, 07:20 PM
I recently bought a 1995 seat ibiza (1.4 litre manual)
where can i get good value parts? I recently got quoted $165 for a pair of front brake pads!! i am looking for a replacement air filter, selector shaft seal and the brake pads. and the hose that goes between the air box and a filter? (not sure what this is or does, is it important to have this fixed asap??) i was told by golfloon (thanks) to get a generic hose for the last item. also to go to a gearbox serviceperson to buy a generic selector shaft seal. I was told by someone at supercheap that the air filter is the same as a holden v8's (is this true??)
Im sure i will think of more questions in the future... thanks in advance for your suggestions

Golf Loon
04-02-2008, 07:59 PM
I use bendix pads. they cost me $99 per set for the front.

I carry the air filters in stock $40 brand new.

SEATs are a problem in far flung places, thats why I mail so much stuff all over Australia ;)

mdbrisbane
04-02-2008, 09:11 PM
Thanks, Its a shock to me the price of the parts, I had a falcon before this and it cost me $120 for the front and rear brake pads for it (bendix)
I am from new zealand and I have only owned toyota's back there, they are very cheap to fix (not so much here)

Can you explain what it is that the hose from the air box is attached to, i think you said it was a filter, I tried to remove it to clean as you suggested, I couldnt get any of my tools in there to remove the 3x 10mil bolts (i think they are 10mil)

All i managed to do is arc the spanner on something back there, big sparks! i gave up after 30 minutes trying and getting both my arms totally covered in oil and sludge