PDA

View Full Version : Bonnet protection option

ANDREWF
29-01-2019, 11:23 PM
hi,

I had a nasty experience on previous car with small stone chips on the front bonnet lip, I was hoping to avoid this by picking up a bonnet protector for my new Arteon,

searching online doesnt show much in the way of options, has anyone found something suitable?

thanks,

Glen
30-01-2019, 05:49 AM
Hi
Sorry not me either, was looking around also for something like that to address the inevitable stone chips, I'll keep you posted as to if I find anything, unfortunately I don't think it will become available either.
Possible the way way forward is to get Paint Protection Film that is readily available in all countries. Xpel Ultimate Paint Protection Film | Stone Chip Protection | PPF (https://www.exclusivecarcare.co.uk/paint-protection-film-2/)
even if it was just installed on the front lip it would help, a lot of cars have this type of thing installed on the rear arches as standard to minimise chips.

doc_777
30-01-2019, 07:34 AM
My wife and I each had the dealer install paint protection film on the leading edges of our Passats bonnets prior to delivery. Even including the usual ‘dealer markup’, it was only something like $100. Well worth it, virtually invisible. I have a really nice gouge in mine from a big stone, but no paint damage ;) definitely recommended.

HPRS230
30-01-2019, 07:35 AM
I've got nearly $3k worth of Paint Protection Film (PPF) on my carItems were: Front bumper, Head Lights, Fog Lights, Full Bonnet, Full Front Guards, Door Cups, Door Handles (just the out facing surface), B & C pillars (Black), Side Skirts, Bottom of doors, Door Edges, Mirrors backs, Top of windscreen/roof, A pillars.

Kowalski
30-01-2019, 12:56 PM
Sorry can recommend any solutions but can confirm its a really good idea to find something. I have done about 13,000k's, about half of which are country miles. Despite being super careful about who I follow (some people can't drive country roads without hitting the shoulders :facepalm:) and how closely I follow, I have still managed to pick up chips on the front lip and leading edge of my bonnet.