PDA

View Full Version : Information on 'Since Refuel' screen automatically resetting

AzzaC
15-01-2019, 03:43 PM
Hi All,

Has anyone experienced a case where the information on the 'Since Refuel' screen (through the Discover Pro unit) automatically resets?

I've experienced this behaviour numerous times of late. I reset the trip meter when I fill up so the 'distance traveled' and trip meter figures should match. But there'll be times where the trip meter and refuel figures both read 280km (using example numbers), but when I flick to the screen a few days later the trip meter reads 390km but the distance traveled since refuel reads 55km. The trip clock is also based on the 'new' distance traveled.

I've had the car since June last year and didn't have this behaviour until a couple of months ago. Could the Australian summer be causing enough fuel expansion/contraction during the day/night to cause this?

I'm just wondering if this could be the start of an issue with a sensor, and to get on top of it if so. Or if it's commonly seen among other owners and a quirk to live with. Thoughts?

Cheers.

dArK5HaD0w
15-01-2019, 08:31 PM
It's not a fault, but rather a design feature unfortunately, that was badly "designed".....
The figures automatically reset every 100 hrs of drive time.
As opposed to when u actually refuelled!!

Rocket36
16-01-2019, 10:14 AM
Yeah this is one of the quirks I don't like. Trip computer data should ONLY be managed by the driver. They've tried to automate it and make it smart, but it's not been executed very well. As they say, 1st world problem.

Jondalar
16-01-2019, 01:31 PM
I don't get the "Since refuel" resetting but the "Long term" does seem to randomly reset itself, very annoying.

doc_777
16-01-2019, 01:49 PM
I don't get the "Since refuel" resetting but the "Long term" does seem to randomly reset itself, very annoying.

same here on both my wife’s and my passats.

AzzaC
16-01-2019, 10:53 PM
Thanks all for the replies.

The hour limit might explain it, crossing over between resetting from an actual refill and then again when the time limit is reached (and then repeating...).

Glad to know it isn't a fault, but annoying nonetheless for those interested in the data that is being collated.

Cheers.

AzzaC
24-01-2019, 12:32 AM
Just updating my earlier post - the resetting does appear to be completely random and not related to the accumulated driving time. The reading has reset itself twice this week, and on the same tank of fuel.