PDA

View Full Version : Arteon Windscreen replacement

LRDV8R
19-12-2018, 10:49 AM
Don't you love trucks with rubble/stones dribbling off their rear trailers? - Lost my windscreen yesterday (thank god for windscreen insurance) however I'm still waiting for O'Brien's to 'arrange' replacement. Apparently the local branch didn't know how and don't know what re-calibrations etc have to occur for the incorporated safety equipment and are currently 'researching'.... Has anyone else here had a windscreen replaced yet and if so, where?

Hillbilly
19-12-2018, 11:55 AM
Don't you love trucks with rubble/stones dribbling off their rear trailers? - Lost my windscreen yesterday (thank god for windscreen insurance) however I'm still waiting for O'Brien's to 'arrange' replacement. Apparently the local branch didn't know how and don't know what re-calibrations etc have to occur for the incorporated safety equipment and are currently 'researching'.... Has anyone else here had a windscreen replaced yet and if so, where?

Had a Passat done and made sure i got a Factory screen and VW did the necessary calibrations of cameras etc.

Personaly I would have Obriens near my vehicles for price alone for starters. Had to get a screen once and they were twice the price for same identical screen in a Toyota. However whatever the insurance want but GET A FACTORY SCREEN

LRDV8R
20-12-2018, 07:09 PM
Turns out there is no aftermarket version yet- O’Brien’s are the windscreen supplier for AAMI and can’t do it till 9th January. I got quotes for genuine screen plus recalibration from two Melbourne vw dealers at $990 from one and $1350 from the other- incredible variance between two dealers!

Hillbilly
21-12-2018, 01:33 PM
Mine cost $1300+ all up including camera stuff