PDA

View Full Version : Polo GTI 2.0T Owners

Bullet Fast
05-12-2018, 06:29 PM
So I've been ripping around in my new polo for a few weeks. Purchased after a concious decision to buy it over the Golf GTI or R.

Reef blue, all options.

Anybody got any immediate thoughts on the car?

I'm a little annoyed that the metallic reef blue on the car doesn't present as a deeper colour; although this is of worth the detailer now getting corrected.

Love the interior, dash is proper artwork and I'm constantly looking around at the inside of the car looking through the lens of product/technical/engineering perspective amazed at VW maturity.

I wish VW had added a motec style dash mode though. Boo. Oh and I want Google maps in the AID VW. Now.

Speaking of Android Auto, it's slow and ****e. Not a VW problem though. Apple car pay is slick as.

Oh and what's with the voice control button lock out? VW tell me it's an option...

Engine is pretty leashed. You can feel it's only delivering about 2/3rds of what it could. Car is reasonably rapid all the same. Jesus Christ will it be fast on a Stage 1 tune. I came from a Stage 3 GTI, I reckon the Stage 1 will be a lot faster.

Wtf is with the car deciding to lug at 1200rpm?its cool, technically but I could do without the accompanying NVH.

'Steptronic' tuning is very good and in sports mode the pops and farts and impresses my partner. Hats off to pretendy go fast noises.

Handles waaaay better than either specs or tyre choice would suggest it's capable of. Proper laugh-a-thon. When it's on Michelin PS4 tyres I'll go hunting sport bikes.

Pretty impressed with the XDL control too actually.

Stereo good, sound proofing bad. I can fix that.

40 profile tyres really communicate everything. Really.

Adaptive cruise control is great but not lobotomy great. I blame the DSG and the absence of an electronic hand brake. The Subaru CVT eyesight cruise is twice as good. Beats clunky Toyota system though.

How come no lane keep? How am I supposed to google and drive without the car to keep me safe?

Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

kewy
11-12-2018, 03:04 PM
What tuning have you done? Steptronic?

Where is that from in Sydney?

Thanks

maxrob200
12-12-2018, 09:38 PM
Just wondering what the digital virtual cockpit is like in bright sunlight. Does wearing sunglasses make it harder to see the display?

nway91
17-12-2018, 08:49 PM
Only way you're going to know is testing it with your sunnies. Could also depend if they're prescription or not.

nway91
23-12-2018, 06:50 AM
We just picked up our GTI this week! Couldn’t be happier aside from a small issue with the steering providing a lot of feedback and vibration at higher speeds, generally over 80kmh. Thinking it may just be a tire misalignment or they’re not balanced correctly but has anyone had this issue before?

GTI187
04-01-2019, 03:28 AM
@nway91 Nope it's silky smooth, I'd get it checked by the dealer asap... Even if it's just tyres they should fix if for you for free I would guess.. It's brand new after all. But yeah long story short mines stable up to and over the speeds you're taking about, really nice to drive!

@maxrob200 dash is sick sunnies or not imo... Also well visible from the passenger seat and when the sun roof is open in glaring hot sun... Can't fault it tbh.

Not impressed about the voice control button though definitely annoying considering I asked for all options?.. will speak to the dealer though coz you never know..

@op Took the wheels of the other day and the hubs were already rusting so did a full lanotec treatment to all the chassis components... Crazy for a car only weeks old??

Still stoked with the car though and fyi the reef blue paint got noticeably deeper and a bit darker in colour with a ceramic coating on it... [emoji12]

MaXX
12-01-2019, 07:35 PM
Hi all. I’m about to become one of you, picking up my new white gadget on Tuesday :)

To be perfectly honest I was all set to get an i30 N, but the financial controller said no and the budget numbers led me to looking at the PGTI. All the reviews I read were very positive, the test drive performance was good even with some mechanical sympathy for a tight new car, and the interior goodies just iced the cake. Mine has the Driver Assistace and Vision and Sound packages, and I’ll probably start thinking about tunes when it’s properly run in.

I’ll no doubt be asking a lot of dumb questions in here, so I apologise in advance ! I’ll try and add some value too, as I spend more time with it.

Cheers,
Paul.

GTI187
12-01-2019, 07:44 PM
@MaXX you won't be disappointed! Welcome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DuaneDibbley
12-01-2019, 11:47 PM
Are there tunes for this thing yet? Once I sell off all my motorbikes I’m probably going to grab one. It’s good to read almost entirely positive reviews on here :)

We have a blue Octavia RS so I’ll probably make a mini twin and get the blue GTI as well. My main annoyance with the spec is I want LED lights and the only way to get them is the luxury pack. But the luxury pack forces you to take the less nice looking seats, heavy sunroof and heated seats. So much superfluous stuff.

MaXX
13-01-2019, 07:21 AM
I’d like the LED lights too, but as you said the luxury pack has a lot of stuff that isn’t particularly desirable and is exxy to boot. It would be interesting to know if all the appropriate wiring is there to make the LED light assembly a drop-in change, but that isn’t likely to be discovered any time soon.

WJB63
02-04-2019, 02:14 PM
Had my white GTI two months now. Love it. Mostly.

Why no lane keep assist? (Love that in our Golf Alltrack - more than a novelty).

Why no passenger grab handle? (There are times it goes fast enough to need one...)

Why the "cheap" hard plastic door top trims?

Only REAL complaint is startup. Often the accelerator pedal is overly sensitive and the engine pulses. Reported this at first comp service and fairly sure the "oh it's a deliberate missfiring to reset things" was a BS answer. Not had it in other Golfs.

But once it is going and the awesome stereo is cranking, the sunroof is open and you can zip around with extremely direct steering, it is the best car I've owned.

Breno
14-04-2019, 08:15 AM
We have had ours since late december, Also love it, mostly.

I also questioned lane keep assist considering it has most of what's needed already installed

I'm not bothered by the door trims, it's built to a price and the beautiful dash is where I look mostly

I also have surging when trying to take off slowly on cold start, I've learnt to give it a little more right foot

Not the best car I've ever owned but it is hands down the best value for money and performance and build quality car i've ever owned. I must say it runs a close second to the best car I've ever owned at one third the price.

Had my white GTI two months now. Love it. Mostly.

Why no lane keep assist? (Love that in our Golf Alltrack - more than a novelty).

Why no passenger grab handle? (There are times it goes fast enough to need one...)

Why the "cheap" hard plastic door top trims?

Only REAL complaint is startup. Often the accelerator pedal is overly sensitive and the engine pulses. Reported this at first comp service and fairly sure the "oh it's a deliberate missfiring to reset things" was a BS answer. Not had it in other Golfs.

But once it is going and the awesome stereo is cranking, the sunroof is open and you can zip around with extremely direct steering, it is the best car I've owned.

Kachingg
14-04-2019, 08:37 PM
Are there tunes for this thing yet? Once I sell off all my motorbikes I’m probably going to grab one. It’s good to read almost entirely positive reviews on here :)

We have a blue Octavia RS so I’ll probably make a mini twin and get the blue GTI as well. My main annoyance with the spec is I want LED lights and the only way to get them is the luxury pack. But the luxury pack forces you to take the less nice looking seats, heavy sunroof and heated seats. So much superfluous stuff.

If you are getting it built rather than buying prebuilt cars off the lot or in storage in germany you can tick the luxury pack box but opt out of the sunroof as they will build it without
Don,t bother asking for a discount for no glass roof tho....

maxrob200
17-04-2019, 05:17 PM
Picked up my GTi yesterday (White with Drive Assist and Sound & Vision options) and have found it to be quite a fun car to drive.

Left foot kept going to look for the clutch as it is my first DSG car.
The Driving modes take a bit of getting used to as it up shifts to a higher gear at the drop of a hat, which I would not normally do in my manual GTi. S mode hangs on too long or drops back when the speed is not to it's liking. However, I like TipTronic mode the best. But when plodding around town, either manual Tip or just Normal mode is good for me.

The Digital Dash works well and is quite easy to use after a bit of trial and error.
There is a funny setting in Navigation that tells you the maximum speed limit in Australia, mine is ticked at 100 kmh and on either side is 50 and 110. What does that do? I cannot change that at all. Do the maps change that automatically as the speed limit change in different areas?

Does anyone know how to turn off the "use dipped beam warning message" with obdeleven? That is really annoying as each time I drive into my garage, the message pops up

I don't think there are enough storage compartments

Under the passenger seat is a plastic box which does not slide out. I am afraid to put anything in there as I don't think I will be able to get things out easily. The manual says it opens and closes which is incorrect. The MY16 GTi had a storage compartment under each front seat which was great.

The glove-box has some funny notch like receptacles and a "card holder" slot which is pretty useless. These is no glasses holder for my spare glasses. OK, there is a sun glasses holder on the roof mount. There is also a funny slot like receptacle in front of the DSG shifter on the plate, another card holder?

Two USB ports are great but a second 12V socket would be good too but the qi charging plate probably accounts for that for people who can use qi wireless charging

Enough whinging, The car is comfortable, surefooted and spacious. The extra room inside is welcoming and it feels well put together.

MaXX
19-04-2019, 11:16 PM
A few months in now and I’m still loving mine...although a CAI, exhaust and tune will happen when I sell the bike. Anyone looking for a Suzuki GSX-S 1000 F ? :)

Plonker
09-05-2019, 03:09 PM
Couldn’t be happier aside from a small issue with the steering providing a lot of feedback and vibration at higher speeds, generally over 80kmh. Thinking it may just be a tire misalignment or they’re not balanced correctly but has anyone had this issue before?

Mate, how did you go with getting the vibration resolved with the dealer? I recently got a new Polo GTI and I'm having the same issue. On the highway, above 80km/h I'm getting loads of vibration through the steering wheel. I realise the GTI has firm suspension (and we don't have the best roads), but I've owned a Golf GTI and a Golf R previously and I've never had this sort of feedback. Hoping it just needs a wheel balance/alignment, it feels pretty awful at the moment.

Cheers.

Lucas_R
09-05-2019, 04:45 PM
A few months in now and I’m still loving mine...although a CAI, exhaust and tune will happen when I sell the bike. Anyone looking for a Suzuki GSX-S 1000 F ? :)

My brother just sold his 2019 Polo GTI a few weeks ago (long story...it was a company car and he resigned from that job so he handed it back...car was only about 3 months old) and he had only a few weeks prior fitted a MST intake and turbo muffler delete.

He has removed those parts from the car (they wouldn't even have been on the car for a month) and is looking to sell them if you are interested.

Bigunit87
11-05-2019, 04:12 PM
My brother just sold his 2019 Polo GTI a few weeks ago (long story...it was a company car and he resigned from that job so he handed it back...car was only about 3 months old) and he had only a few weeks prior fitted a MST intake and turbo muffler delete.

He has removed those parts from the car (they wouldn't even have been on the car for a month) and is looking to sell them if you are interested.

Hey I’m interested as that’s the parts I was just about to order. Can you take some photos and send them to me please ill inbox you.

MaXX
12-05-2019, 10:48 AM
If Bigunit87 doesn’t snap them up, I will :)

Bigunit87
12-05-2019, 03:15 PM

What are you running or is it still stock ?

Ive looked around and there is barely any aftermarket parts for these new 2.0lt engines.

Also some reviews are saying it a de-tuned MK7GTI engine but from what I know the GTI engine is very similar to the R but the R has a bigger turbo and some internals are different but the look of the engine cover is different and the battery and fuse box look different and intake system ?

Eyes24
15-05-2019, 01:56 PM
Hi all, looking to get My19 Polo GTI with Sound & Vision package ,Driver assistance package in limestone grey.
been Quoted $36490 Drive away.
Just wondering what you all think of the price? do you think there is anymore room in the price?
thanks

Bigunit87
15-05-2019, 06:41 PM

You can have them bro he wanted to much, you get them brand new for $680-$690AUS brand new from the company and he wanted $590 for second hand parts that have been on the car.

Bigunit87
15-05-2019, 06:42 PM
I picked mine up 2 weeks ago for $37,000 for for $500 cheaper that’s good as long as that’s new not demo with kms on it.

Lucas_R
16-05-2019, 03:35 PM
You can have them bro he wanted too much, you get them brand new for $680-$690AUS brand new from the company and he wanted $590 for second hand parts that have been on the car.

Just to clarify - he paid $760AUD only about 2 months ago for these parts direct from MST. He is not just selling the CAI intake kit, but also a turbo inlet pipe which is a new product from MST that is not listed on their website yet.

I think a $170AUD saving for parts that were on the car for less than 1,000km's is not a bad deal. Not saying he isn't negotiable to an extent, but i understand Bigunit87 came in with what was considered to be a lowball offer and was declined.

MST are currently out of stock of this intake, its basically brand new, and there are no other options available for the current Polo GTI at this time - so personally i think the price is fair.

If you look back through my 3,399 posts over 8 years you will see i am extremely helpful and considerate to everyone that i can possibly offer help to. I have also bought and sold many items during this time as well with zero issues. Created DIY's etc etc. I can vouch that my brother is exactly like me in this regard - he is not trying to rip anyone off or do a dodgy on anyone.

Eyes24
16-05-2019, 06:03 PM
So today l have been given a ripper price on new Polo gti with all options white black and white slim line Plates $39000. But all so can get a Demo same spec for $36500, 4972 km on it My19 5 months reg left.
What to do?

Eyes24
19-05-2019, 04:22 PM
Hi All signed the papers for a new Polo GTI MY19 Limestone grey fully load with all 3 packs. $39500.

westenderbender
22-05-2019, 10:12 PM
Hi All signed the papers for a new Polo GTI MY19 Limestone grey fully load with all 3 packs. $39500.

That’s a ripper price. Where’d you score that? Is that 2019 build?

Eyes24
22-05-2019, 10:26 PM
Yes build is April . It’s a very good price, my dealer gave me, because l sent him 13 referral last year. I hopefully get it end of month. They r getting it from Sydney.

Waldip
27-05-2019, 06:07 PM
Good Day Gents

Are there any updates on the Polo GTI owners? I am looking at replacing my ST200 with a Polo GTI but not sure about the tune-ability of the motor as yet, so far it seems that the polo has a smaller turbo compared to the Golf and also higher compression, has anyone done software on the Polo as yet? or even a stock dyno run to see what the torque and KW graphs look like?

Also, does the R600 intake not fit on the polo? after all it is the same MQB platform and the same EA888 motor just a GEN3 and not a GEN2.

MaXX
01-06-2019, 07:18 AM
What are you running or is it still stock ?

Ive looked around and there is barely any aftermarket parts for these new 2.0lt engines.

Also some reviews are saying it a de-tuned MK7GTI engine but from what I know the GTI engine is very similar to the R but the R has a bigger turbo and some internals are different but the look of the engine cover is different and the battery and fuse box look different and intake system ?

My car is still stock right now but I’m going to start on the intake side first, then exhaust and remap. I’m hoping it is mostly Golf GTI spec as I was hoping to see similar power numbers from my Polo down the track...and properly scare R owners :)

As far as parts go, they are starting to appear. I’ve seen this intake of course, plus one from Leyo and exhausts from Milltek and RD Technik.

Eyes24
05-06-2019, 04:12 PM
Hi everyone, can anyone tell what the fuel economy is like and km per tank best?
Thanks

MaXX
20-06-2019, 12:24 AM
6.5lt per 100 just schlepping around town in mine. Using BP 98 exclusively if that makes a difference.

Bullet Fast
06-07-2019, 06:13 AM
I'm getting about 6.0-6.5L per 100. Best over 2hrs of driving is 4.9L per hundred!

My vibrations went away after a $40 wheel balance. Bought an R not long after... Same thing.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

ozmale
11-07-2019, 01:26 PM
Hello Guys,

Been on this forum for years. Had various Golf "R"s. Still got Mk 7.5 "R"
About to replace my daily drive (Ford Fiesta ST) with a 2018-2019 Polo GTI. Given that the engine seems very strangled (from various posts), I am surprised at the lack of "go bits" available. Or am I just looking in the wrong place.

Chris

atlanta
18-07-2019, 05:40 PM
Hello Guys,

Been on this forum for years. Had various Golf "R"s. Still got Mk 7.5 "R"
About to replace my daily drive (Ford Fiesta ST) with a 2018-2019 Polo GTI. Given that the engine seems very strangled (from various posts), I am surprised at the lack of "go bits" available. Or am I just looking in the wrong place.

Chris

Only got my GTI a couple of weeks ago and first thing I did was contact BSR Tuning in Sweden about tuning kit for this model. They are still working on PPC3 for the 2 litre Polo version. If their kit for the Golf VII is any indication then expect somewhere in the region of 55HP and 75Nm increase
Tuning for Volkswagen Golf VII 2.0 GTi 245hp 2017-2019, Stage 1 (https://en.bsr.se/tuning-kits/t/3600/volkswagen-golf-vii-20-gti-245hp-2017-2019-dlba-dlkb)

ozmale
18-07-2019, 08:26 PM
Only got my GTI a couple of weeks ago and first thing I did was contact BSR Tuning in Sweden about tuning kit for this model. They are still working on PPC3 for the 2 litre Polo version. If their kit for the Golf VII is any indication then expect somewhere in the region of 55HP and 75Nm increase
Tuning for Volkswagen Golf VII 2.0 GTi 245hp 2017-2019, Stage 1 (https://en.bsr.se/tuning-kits/t/3600/volkswagen-golf-vii-20-gti-245hp-2017-2019-dlba-dlkb)

I spoke to Superchips (have them in two cars) they have nothing in the pipline for the Polo GTI, pretty sad.

Lucas_R
19-07-2019, 09:21 AM
I spoke to Superchips (have them in two cars) they have nothing in the pipline for the Polo GTI, pretty sad.

Im sure Burger Tuning will bring something out.......actually i think they have already: Group 8: JB4 Gen3B Beta – Burger Motorsports, Inc. (https://burgertuning.com/collections/volkswagen/products/group-8-jb4-gen3b-beta)

ozmale
20-07-2019, 07:44 AM
Im sure Burger Tuning will bring something out.......actually i think they have already: Group 8: JB4 Gen3B Beta – Burger Motorsports, Inc. (https://burgertuning.com/collections/volkswagen/products/group-8-jb4-gen3b-beta)

Yes you are right they already have the JB4. I have been speaking to a guy named George from Burger (seems to be the developer). It looks and sounds great but a bit of an exercise to install. They are available from Autoinstruct in Australia. Would like to chat to someone who has actually installed one.

The Superchips is just so simple to install and gives almost as good results as the bigger names.

Sydneykid
22-07-2019, 09:12 AM
Yes you are right they already have the JB4. I have been speaking to a guy named George from Burger (seems to be the developer). It looks and sounds great but a bit of an exercise to install. They are available from Autoinstruct in Australia. Would like to chat to someone who has actually installed one.

The Superchips is just so simple to install and gives almost as good results as the bigger names.
I have installed 2 x JB4's (one in a Golf GTi and one in an R) and they are simple, just unplug and plug in the main connectors then join one wire with a simple connector. The only real trick is passing the ODB connection through the firewall which is not that hard, there are plenty of OEM wiring routes to follow. There are heaps of videos on the installation, MQB platform VW's are not that different so it doesn't have to be video for a particular model. If you doubt your own ability have an auto electrician or mechanic install it, if it takes more than half an hour I'd be stunned.

Cheers
Gary

ozmale
22-07-2019, 10:57 AM
I have installed 2 x JB4's (one in a Golf GTi and one in an R) and they are simple, just unplug and plug in the main connectors then join one wire with a simple connector. The only real trick is passing the ODB connection through the firewall which is not that hard, there are plenty of OEM wiring routes to follow. There are heaps of videos on the installation, MQB platform VW's are not that different so it doesn't have to be video for a particular model. If you doubt your own ability have an auto electrician or mechanic install it, if it takes more than half an hour I'd be stunned.

Cheers
Gary

Gary thanks heaps for that.

I have posted heaps of DIY's on the golf.net.au forum so don't doubt I could install the JB4.

Chris

mostlyeels
08-08-2019, 06:53 AM
Hi guys, got my GTI in Reef Blue with the DAP last Saturday and am absolutely loving it! A big upgrade over my previous car in every way (a 2011 manual Mazda 3). The power upgrade alone is addictive, let alone all the creature comforts and how well-made it feels.

Next upgrade: roof racks so I can re-mount my bike carrier. Seems a shame to ruin that nice roofline, but practicality wins out!

Also, paint protection :)

ozmale
08-08-2019, 11:39 AM
Hi guys, got my GTI in Reef Blue with the DAP last Saturday and am absolutely loving it! A big upgrade over my previous car in every way (a 2011 manual Mazda 3). The power upgrade alone is addictive, let alone all the creature comforts and how well-made it feels.

Next upgrade: roof racks so I can re-mount my bike carrier. Seems a shame to ruin that nice roofline, but practicality wins out!

Also, paint protection :)

Remember if you fit the VW Roof racks you can no longer open the sunroof, if you had one fitted.

Chris

mostlyeels
09-08-2019, 10:14 AM
Remember if you fit the VW Roof racks you can no longer open the sunroof, if you had one fitted.

Thanks. No sunroof luckily, so should be OK.

0n3thousandwords
20-09-2019, 08:25 PM
This same problem happened to me - I know you posted this a while ago, but did you have it resolved?

I had it fixed with a Balance, Alignment, Road force balance and 2 new tyres courtesy of Bridgestone.

Unfortunately it was a bit of a challenge as VW don't cover tyres under warranty and Bridgestone didn't really want to do much with it either - got it done in the end though!

0n3thousandwords
20-09-2019, 08:27 PM
I picked mine up 2 weeks ago for $37,000 for for $500 cheaper that’s good as long as that’s new not demo with kms on it.

I picked mine up - 1300kms, Lux pack, driver assist, reef blue for $29,900!

guile
20-09-2019, 09:42 PM

which dealer was that from mate?

Saul
13-11-2019, 06:28 PM
Hello fellow owners, hope to post my own pics/vids/findings here (or my own thread) soon-ish.
I have done my mandatory introduction here --> Hello fellow Polo &or VW Nutters! (https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f98/hello-fellow-polo-vw-nutters-128887.html)

How are you other owners going, still happy? Any cool stuff you've learnt or done to your Polo GTI 2L!?

For those interested in getting into some mods (minor or major), I found this cool little thread:
Polo GTI 2.0T Owners (https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f242/polo-gti-2-0t-owners-125222-5.html). Please share others if you're aware of any...:D

MaXX
13-11-2019, 10:40 PM
Welcome Saul :)

Saul
14-11-2019, 11:20 AM
Thanks bud :smile:

Neicho20
04-05-2020, 10:15 PM
Have just purchased my reef blue polo gti+ but am waiting for corona virus to stop to collect car. Does the standard exhaust have a valve in it that changes when put in different modes? As am looking at getting milltek non resonated exhaust but don’t want drone. Or just the res delete pipe and then keep the standard back box with the valve control.

Babyface
04-05-2020, 11:07 PM
Praying delivery is this week, car landed 16/4 and has been through customs.

Got DSG/ECU lined up after the 1000km service, and am looking at doing the turbo inlet pipe done whilst it’s in getting the tune done. I’m going to see a friend of dads who worked on a few of the V8 Supercars and see what he can do in the way of designing and doing some carbon fiber CAI to get the most air in.

I’m hoping I get the call this week, signed paperwork 2 weeks before SARS CoV2 was really known about and the dealer has been pineappled twice now. But I managed to get front and rear drivers cameras and the gps tracking software installed for cost for the **** around and them breaching contract.

I’m considering getting a set of Rotiform BLQ in Red gloss for it later on down the track, after I’ve got the exhaust and a few other things done. Stage 2 probably will be as a far as I go as of right now (until I know what is going on with my sport and if nationals and international comp is back up for the year). If not the 11k budget is going into go fast bits.

Hope you guys have a kick ass week!

Babyface
02-06-2020, 09:31 PM
So took delivery 2 weeks ago.

Over the weekend I had the car ceramic coated in Fireball Butterfly Red. They also did the dash painted insert (note didn’t order the colour matched one) and i got it, the sunroof was also removed off the order and got that as well. I swapped out the paddles to a set of Mode alloy paddles in Modena Red.

https://imagehost.com.au//d7amw0Kd9r/9D0E83B7-E656-4A5B-8D73-9E5D421EC250_5ed6374e0ccb6.jpeg

https://imagehost.com.au//d7amw0Kd9r/1F9545DC-7AF7-4C16-B3F2-F4D17B506519_5ed637a670e46.jpeg

Ill get the photos up from the before and after of the paint coating. But I have to say I didn’t realise there was a gold in the mix. We only noticed it after the coating was done.

If anyone in Brisbane or Goldie needs or wants ceramic coating done, Pete from Surface Protection and Correction is the go to guy.

marcuskmt
28-06-2020, 05:18 PM

Is this the best price achieved so far and from which dealer?

anonymousmoose
19-09-2020, 09:36 PM
Got the green light to buy one.

What deals are people making brand new? I'm also keeping an eye out for a 19/20 model with 4 years warranty left.

vitagen
13-12-2020, 07:57 PM
Wow stocks are truly limited!

I wanted the blue but only gray was available, MY21 with all 3 packs came up to $39,200

I'm hell excited.

Mountainman
23-12-2020, 04:56 PM
Picking up red GTI with driver assistance pack $36,990
Sure has a different character to my 81TSI manual!

Mountainman
23-12-2020, 05:17 PM
Does anyone know the changes from MY20 to MY21?
The only one I can see is the rear GTI badge moved to the centre.

Breno
07-01-2021, 09:44 AM
It looks like they have added a couple of usb outlets at the back of the centre console. Mine doesn't have this.

KheiryD
15-01-2021, 06:09 PM
Just got myself a full body kit of Maxton Design (https://www.ausbodyworks.com.au/collections/volkswagen-polo-mk6-gti-bodykits) for my Polo MK6. They're on sale if anyone is interest.

Does anyone know or have any recommendations where I can get it installed? I'm in Sydney, Waterloo/Zetland area.

Also waiting for my coilovers to arrive :)

Sydneykid
18-01-2021, 08:47 AM
Just got myself a full body kit of Maxton Design (https://www.ausbodyworks.com.au/collections/volkswagen-polo-mk6-gti-bodykits) for my Polo MK6. They're on sale if anyone is interest.

Does anyone know or have any recommendations where I can get it installed? I'm in Sydney, Waterloo/Zetland area.

Also waiting for my coilovers to arrive :)
Maxton gear is usually pretty easy to install, mostly clip on with occasionally double sided tape, pretty much DIY. I'd suggest waiting until it arrives, check the instructions and see if it is within your skill set.

Cheers
Gary

KheiryD
18-01-2021, 06:17 PM
Maxton gear is usually pretty easy to install, mostly clip on with occasionally double sided tape, pretty much DIY. I'd suggest waiting until it arrives, check the instructions and see if it is within your skill set.

Cheers
Gary

Just checked - only the spoiler comes with a 3M tape, the rest came with washer nuts and bolts. You're absolutely right though, most of them can be done using a heavy duty 3M double sided tape. I might do just that and probably add additional screws to the front splitter for additional support? Only because I feel the downward force when you drive could cause some problem.

chriskan
17-04-2021, 08:46 PM
Hi guys, just picked up my grey MY21 GTI, with all options. Loving it! Decided on the polo over and used 7.5 Golf Gti. Coming from a MY15 octavia vrs.

Looking forward to starting the mods soon - probably change the wheels and do a stage 1 initially. Happy with everything else.

KheiryD
07-06-2021, 10:05 PM
Hi all, anyone knows or has any recommendations where I can get a DCC delete in Sydney? Changed to BC coils and now has a damper error. Thanks in advanced!

Sydneykid
08-06-2021, 08:50 AM
Changing springs should not cause a damper error, my guess is there is something else wrong.

Cheers
Gary

Lucas_R
08-06-2021, 09:12 AM
Hi all, anyone knows or has any recommendations where I can get a DCC delete in Sydney? Changed to BC coils and now has a damper error. Thanks in advanced!

I dare say you will have to order one in from overseas. I know KW suspension make a DCC delete kit. Not too many people delete the DCC so I dare say you will have a hard time finding anyone with stock sitting on the shelf in Aust.