PDA

View Full Version : Bits N peices

mysteryman1961
29-10-2018, 11:26 AM
Hi guys,Ive had my B8 wagon for 18 months now and I have worked out most of the gadgets.
I still cant seem to work out how to use the fuel consumption bit.As you know every day the
odo resets,and when I go into car -fuel it only shows L/P/k from that day.Its a diesel car.
So in other words I cant get to see the total Ks per tank?I know its there but I cant see it.
Im probably looking at it somewhere?? Any clues please would be very helpful. Thanks

Jimi
29-10-2018, 02:48 PM
I’ve always just reset the trip odo each time I fill up

Passat R36
29-10-2018, 03:25 PM
check your manual see the time period the consumption is calculated on.

on B6 the past 2 hours of driving if my memory is right

yes, as above I do trip meter reset when fill up, to calculate the real comsumption

VW Convert
29-10-2018, 03:54 PM
Hi guys,Ive had my B8 wagon for 18 months now and I have worked out most of the gadgets.
I still cant seem to work out how to use the fuel consumption bit.As you know every day the
odo resets,and when I go into car -fuel it only shows L/P/k from that day.Its a diesel car.
So in other words I cant get to see the total Ks per tank?I know its there but I cant see it.
Im probably looking at it somewhere?? Any clues please would be very helpful. Thanks

Not sure if the B8 is different to earlier generations but in all the VWs I've had over the past 12 years or so, there have been 2 trip computers, 1 resets itself after about 2 hours of the ignition being switched off, the other just accumulates until you reset it.

When you're looking at the fuel consumption reading, you should be able to see a small number "1", this means you are viewing the trip computer that automatically resets itself, pressing the "OK" button on the steering wheel toggles between the 2 trip computers. A long press of the "OK" button resets the trip computer that you have toggled to.

As I wrote, may not be the same in the B8 but I would be surprised if something similar does not exist. I reset both trip computers when I fill up.

Cheers

George

mysteryman1961
29-10-2018, 05:30 PM
Thanks for that,Ill try that next time,It only shows the trip odo on the dash,but in the screen
bit on CAR it has a few different showings,I just cant get a overall.Ill play again.

AzzaC
29-10-2018, 07:38 PM
There's a 'Since Refuelling' screen that can be pulled up through the media unit. It's under 'Vehicle Status' if I remember correctly and displays information including total km's, km's remaining, avg consumption and avg speed.

Add the total km's and km's remaining (range) to get your theoretical km's per tank.

Then there's also an 'Overall' summary page, which from what I understand gives info since the counter was (manually) reset, independent to when the ODO/Trip counter was zeroed.