PDA

View Full Version : 2 New 2.0 TDi's to go into my garage

yogles
23-06-2006, 07:49 PM
1st time here and my 1st time owning a VW(well 2)

Yes that's right, if everything goes well we should be taking delivery of 2 new 2.0 TDI Comfortline Hatches. Mine will be Black Magic Pearl with ESP and my wife is getting United Grey. Can't wait to get it...

Golf Loon
23-06-2006, 08:08 PM
Welcome. Keep us posted on your golf ownership experience.

brackie
23-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Great choice of car and great choice of place to discuss it (them)! Even the critics of PD engines have to admit that their performance and economy are outstanding. Who needs commom rail when you can get 320Nm and 103kw with <5.5L /100km?
Might have to get one myself......;)
Run them in carefully (mrs too!)

gtimk5
24-06-2006, 02:40 PM
Welcome Yogles. Hope you enjoy this forum, thats 3 new TDIs joining us real soon. One to join us next week I have on good authority!
Great chassis on the Mk5s and certainly plenty of power. Wonder how many petrol 1.6s are getting sold?
Turbos are the big sellers at the moment.
Cheers to all!

yogles
25-06-2006, 10:26 AM
take del thursday

Peter J
25-06-2006, 09:28 PM
I'm in the centre of NSW at Dubbo and they cannot get the Golf TDI's in stock quick enough to sell them. Dubbo is a city of 40,000 and I quite often see one or two on my short 5km drive to work. It seems the turbo diesel message is starting to get out ... I took a mate of mine to Melbourne and back with with me on the June long-weekend and he has since been to the dealer to check out the details.

Does anyone know how to access Australian sales figures?

brackie
26-06-2006, 05:08 AM
You could try emailing VW Australia from their website. Good luck! I've emailed them and the editors of on-line car mags like "Carpoint" several times but they never reply. Too busy making money, I guess :rolleyes:
This is abit out of date http://www.volkswagen.com.au/pdf/PressArticles/20050617_VWsparkingInterestInDiesel.pdf
http://www.volkswagen.com.au/pdf/PressArticles/20050616_VWputsdiesalintooverdrive.pdf

peter_j_g
26-06-2006, 08:04 PM
You can get some statistics on sales from the auto industries web site. For example here is the breakup by fuel type for May:

http://www.autoindustries.com.au/sales.php/2006/05/fuel.html

There is also sales by manufacturer:

http://www.autoindustries.com.au/sales.php/2006/05/sales.html

Regards, Peter

PS: peter_j, your name is so similar to mine: peter_j_g!

gtimk5
28-06-2006, 12:38 PM
Good luck tommorrow Yogles. Check the TDIs out thoroughly before you sign the papers, especially body and paintwork. Bet you are excited.
Anyone else on the forum taken delivery of a new Golf this week??????????? :) ;) ;)

brackie
28-06-2006, 05:51 PM
The stereo is a "RCD 300". According to the book it will not play MP3s and "may" play CD-Rs and CD-RWs. What that means I do not know :confused:

peter_j_g
28-06-2006, 06:05 PM
Hi,

CD-R = CD Recordable. These are blank CDs that you can only use (record) once.

CD-RW = CD ReWriteable. These are blank CDs that you can use many times.

Music CDs that you buy from the shop are made using a mould. CD-R & CD-RW blanks are written using a CD burner, ie a laser.

CD-R & CD-RW should work just the same as CDs, it's just the production process is different. I copy my music CDs to CD-R for use in the car so I'm not carrying around the originals. If/when they get lost or damaged I just make another copy...

Cheers, Peter

gtimk5
28-06-2006, 07:16 PM
My CD/RWs play fine in the GTI:)
My cCD

gtimk5
29-06-2006, 08:01 PM
Well? Did anyone get any TDIs this week? How was the delivery?
No news, good news?j:

gtimk5
30-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Hmmm. No news at all, eh? Couldn't have got em yet or can't get away from them to report Ha!j:

brackie
30-06-2006, 08:44 PM
Hmmm. No news at all, eh? Couldn't have got em yet or can't get away from them to report Ha!j: Yeah mate. Will get around to it. Lots happening atm and I'm too much of a working class boy to make a noise.;)

mikinoz
30-06-2006, 09:05 PM
Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, Chip it, :D:D:D:D

brackie
01-07-2006, 07:29 AM
OK Mick.. I get the message! What about the fish? I know.. fish oil in all of the box sectiions!
Andrew is going to flash the ECU as soon as I feel the motor is loose enough. Could be well down the track, though :D