PDA

View Full Version : B8 Wagon Roof Racks - Bike Rack

sir_camel
12-10-2018, 09:40 AM
About to shift to a B8 Wagon after 5 years of Skoda Octavia ownership. I'm a keen cyclist and have two Thule Ride 591 bike racks on my roof rails and racks on the Skoda. I don't think the bars will transfer to the B8 with the lower profile roof rails.

Does anyone have any recommendations for styles of bars for the B8 Wagon? Any photos with racks/bike racks would be great. I really don't want to ruin the great profile of the Passat but need them as I use them a number of times a week.

ope126
12-10-2018, 07:21 PM
About to shift to a B8 Wagon after 5 years of Skoda Octavia ownership. I'm a keen cyclist and have two Thule Ride 591 bike racks on my roof rails and racks on the Skoda. I don't think the bars will transfer to the B8 with the lower profile roof rails.

Does anyone have any recommendations for styles of bars for the B8 Wagon? Any photos with racks/bike racks would be great. I really don't want to ruin the great profile of the Passat but need them as I use them a number of times a week.

Having recently sold my 140TDI Highline Wagon (and even more recently my Volvo V60 T5 R-Design - which I sold with the racks), I still have the foot pack for the Passat.

If you choose to use Thule, you will need the following;

WingBar Edge 9594 (81.6cm & 89.6cm)
Rapid System Kit (foot pack) 4059 Thule – Bring your life | Australia | Thule (http://www.thule.com.au/wp-content/themes/Avada-Child-Theme/FITTING_GUIDE/40591.pdf)

I still have the "foot pack 4059" as it did not fit on the Volvo V60.

If you want them at a cheap price, let me know...

ope126
13-10-2018, 01:17 PM
PM sent...