PDA

View Full Version : slipping out of gear?

LRDV8R
01-10-2018, 09:05 PM
In the past few months my Arteon has slipped out of gear four times- always at low speed and oddly, when exiting the same carpark (local woolworths- coincidence I'm sure!)- as I've gone to pull out onto the road, there's been a clunk and free revving, after easing off the accelerator its then appeared to 'locate' a gear and away I go no problem... I will be mentioning it in the imminent 15K service (that arrived fast!) but was curious if anyone else has experienced anything similar...

DreamensioN
02-10-2018, 07:17 PM
Definitely mention it!

I remember hearing of a similar problem years and years ago with DSG's, if I remember it was a DSG hesitation. It would occur when say pulling up to a give way sign and slowing right down, then deciding to go. It would drop the gear and just free rev. Many people reporting this as really dangerous because if there was a car coming, they would roll infront of it and not accelerate away.

I've done 17,000km now and haven't had a problem with my gearbox, so yes - make sure they look at it.

Kowalski
08-10-2018, 02:42 PM
Haven't had that problem LRDV8R, doesn't sound good. Perhaps the clutch pack loosing fluid pressure for some reason. How many km's have you done, I'd be getting that checked fairly urgently. Please let us know what they find when you do.

LRDV8R
14-10-2018, 04:32 PM
Haven't had that problem LRDV8R, doesn't sound good. Perhaps the clutch pack loosing fluid pressure for some reason. How many km's have you done, I'd be getting that checked fairly urgently. Please let us know what they find when you do.

Sorry for late reply, busy at work- will post on thread any 'findings' - 12,900KMS.

LRDV8R
14-11-2018, 05:54 PM
Just in case anyone was wondering.... took it to VW, nil codes and hasn't done it for a couple of months (slipped out of gear) ... they suggested my foot may have rested against the brake whilst depressing the accelerator which would cause it to slip into neutral... I found this explanation odd as I was able to replicate that statement by deliberately doing it... anyways... no further DSG issues at this point..