PDA

View Full Version : Lowering Springs with DCC

dArK5HaD0w
01-10-2018, 11:35 AM
Has anyone lowered their Passat (with DCC) using either Eibach or H&R springs?
If so wat r the part numbers?

Reason I ask is because I want to lower my Superb 20-30mm. It shares the same suspension components as the Passat B8.
I can find plenty springs, but they are not compatible with vehicles fitted with self-leveling control, i.e. DCC.

Are they specific ones that are DCC compatible?

Or will there b no issues fitting lowering springs that are not DCC compatible?

Any advice is much appreciated :)

doc_777
01-10-2018, 01:52 PM
DCC is not self levelling. DCC is basically adjustable dampers. Could be a bunch of reasons why it’s listed as not compatible - from things like the spring being too short (spring can fall out under full extension), or maybe even the front strut requires special tooling to disassemble. Best bet would be to contact the spring manufacturer and ask them why...

tigger73
01-10-2018, 02:51 PM
Most lowering springs are compatible with DCC.

It’s the aftermarket shocks/coil overs that aren’t.

The DCC shocks have adjustable damping so if you want to keep this feature any replacement shocks also have to have this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Umai Naa!!
01-10-2018, 03:22 PM
Bear in mind that the 'Soft' setting will bring on sea-sickness a lot sooner than it normally does, as lowering springs are typically firmer. The 'Soft' setting in most cases with DCC has a bit of trouble controlling the oscillations of the standard springs as it is, in my experience.

You'll probably find yourself running it on the 'Hard' setting for the most part, as it could well ride like it's got blown shocks.

The springs will physically fit, as the only key difference with DCC shocks externally, is an electrical connector to control the internal valving.

dArK5HaD0w
03-10-2018, 03:50 PM
Right now I use "Individual" drive mode 99% of the time, with the suspension set to "Sport".
Normal is a tad too soft.
Hence the idea is with firmer springs, I can have a firmer ride in Normal mode, and much firmer ride in Sport mode.

With regards to "self leveling" - wat I meant to say was that most of the springs states that they r not DCC friendly. Sounds like they not suited to DCC dampers.

From wat I've read, if I'm lowering no more that 30mm, the DCC dampers should b fine.

I've heard VWR springs r too firm/harsh with DCC.
I've heard good things about H&R springs, but not in relation to DCC.
I've heard good things about Eibach ProKit springs, with DCC, but on Golf GTi/Rs.

tigger73
03-10-2018, 04:11 PM
Eibach Pro Kit are a variable rate spring and although they don't give quite as much drop as some other springs (e.g. H&R) they do seem to give a better ride.

dArK5HaD0w
04-10-2018, 08:54 AM
Eibach Pro Kit are a variable rate spring and although they don't give quite as much drop as some other springs (e.g. H&R) they do seem to give a better ride.

Thanks.
I'm not after a big drop, just a slightly firmer ride.

I had a set of Eibach Pro-Kit springs in my previous car which was an Octavia RS.
Was happy with that.

I'll go down the same route with my Superb too :)

Goublin
10-10-2018, 10:03 AM
i am looking at this. The Eibach 15mm is where i am heading. 30mm is too low. I believe you can recalibrate the DCC once fitted

ope126
04-11-2018, 09:34 PM
Right now I use "Individual" drive mode 99% of the time, with the suspension set to "Sport".
Normal is a tad too soft.
Hence the idea is with firmer springs, I can have a firmer ride in Normal mode, and much firmer ride in Sport mode.

With regards to "self leveling" - wat I meant to say was that most of the springs states that they r not DCC friendly. Sounds like they not suited to DCC dampers.

From wat I've read, if I'm lowering no more that 30mm, the DCC dampers should b fine.

I've heard VWR springs r too firm/harsh with DCC.
I've heard good things about H&R springs, but not in relation to DCC.
I've heard good things about Eibach ProKit springs, with DCC, but on Golf GTi/Rs.

Have you looked into this further?
Here is some info on the VW Racingline Website; https://www.racingline.com/sport-springs?fbclid=IwAR1cjZw-6IE1pYn5TfGkAIea5bS8qH9YmRkWlOQkBIRfE-96dej7NRLzgAw

Appears to be compatible with DCC.

dArK5HaD0w
05-11-2018, 01:04 PM
i've currently got my target locked on getting a set of Eibach ProKit springs, specifically - E10-85-042-02-22.
they're designed for Passat (B8 ) and Superb (3V).
front/rear = 35/30mm

about $500 from various ebay stores, delivered.

those RacingLine ones look promising too. how much would these set me back?

Pass2093
09-11-2018, 04:57 AM
Hey mate, just saw your post as I was searching for information on my Passat. I work at Eibach here in Australia give me a call during business hours I’ll look after you.

lenny
11-11-2018, 12:08 PM
HI Pass2093.

Where abouts are you, i am thinking of tightening up the sloppy feel of the Passat R to bring it more in line with our old R36

Pass2093
12-11-2018, 04:43 PM
Hi, I’m located on the Northern Beaches in Sydney. I don’t want to be seen as advertising here but I’m genuinely willing to assist group members with there suspension requirements.

I have a 132 wagon as my daily drive, a change of just the rear springs made the world of difference in driving dynamics for me, as I found the vehicle to sit up too high in the rear.

lenny
12-11-2018, 05:50 PM
Hi, I’m located on the Northern Beaches in Sydney. I don’t want to be seen as advertising here but I’m genuinely willing to assist group members with there suspension requirements.

I have a 132 wagon as my daily drive, a change of just the rear springs made the world of difference in driving dynamics for me, as I found the vehicle to sit up too high in the rear.

got it, fair enough, i did not want to impose or presume anything......

as mentioned i have a 206r....was thinking of just the front springs and possibly rear sway bar, i really dont necessarily want the front that low, but always felt the look and the feel just comes across as the front being too high, and then overall tracking and body roll, even in sport mode just has not translated / compared to the 'old' R36 we had for 8 years...even at the end it still handled brilliantly

dArK5HaD0w
13-11-2018, 03:09 PM
Hey mate, just saw your post as I was searching for information on my Passat. I work at Eibach here in Australia give me a call during business hours I’ll look after you.

thanks dude - i'll send u a PM :)

Pass2093
14-11-2018, 08:25 AM
got it, fair enough, i did not want to impose or presume anything......

as mentioned i have a 206r....was thinking of just the front springs and possibly rear sway bar, i really dont necessarily want the front that low, but always felt the look and the feel just comes across as the front being too high, and then overall tracking and body roll, even in sport mode just has not translated / compared to the 'old' R36 we had for 8 years...even at the end it still handled brilliantly

Lenny, take measurements of you vehicle's ride height measured from the center of the wheel to the edge of the guard. This is so we can determine the current ride height and what can be achieved after installation.

lenny
15-11-2018, 09:49 AM
Lenny, take measurements of you vehicle's ride height measured from the center of the wheel to the edge of the guard. This is so we can determine the current ride height and what can be achieved after installation.

Front = 390mm
Back = 375mm (approx 3/4 fuel)

lenny
15-11-2018, 09:56 AM
Front = 390mm
Back = 375mm (approx 3/4 fuel)

also not sure what the sway bar set up is stock, but feel like it could do with something at the back

dArK5HaD0w
15-11-2018, 08:26 PM
Mine is:
Front - 380mm
Rear - 370mm

Half a tank of fuel.
Tyres r 235/40 R19.

Pass2093
20-11-2018, 11:06 AM
Mine is:
Front - 380mm
Rear - 370mm

Half a tank of fuel.
Tyres r 235/40 R19.

On the AWD Skoda Superb sedan the approximate ride height achieved after installation front and rear is 355-360mm.
Given this the amount of lowering you'll achieve is about 20-25mm in the front and 10mm in the rear. The kit will work fine with the electronic dampers.

Pass2093
20-11-2018, 11:29 AM
also not sure what the sway bar set up is stock, but feel like it could do with something at the back

Lenny, I noticed you mentioned your vehicle is 206R , is it a sedan or wagon ?
Anyways the front ride height achieved after installation will come to approximately 350-355mm. However if this is too low there may be other non listed options that we can look at. Attached is a photo of sedan that will provide a good idea on front ride height.

Pass2093
20-11-2018, 11:35 AM

Lenny, The Anti Roll Kit (upgraded sway bars) is noted not to be applicable to the AWD models.

Pass2093
20-11-2018, 11:45 AM
Let me know if you guys require further assistance.

doc_777
20-11-2018, 02:09 PM

hey mate, here’s one for you - my wife’s daily driver is a 132TSI B8 Comfortline - she would like a little lower, but not enough to make speed humps an issue for instance. We will be upping from 17” to prob 18” wheels in the future.

can you get a nice flat stance (not bum-high) with a little higher ride height than the pic you posted above?

dArK5HaD0w
20-11-2018, 03:08 PM

thanks for those numbers and pic of the 206R.
i like the height of that. 20mm drop is perfect. i don't want any more.

i'll get in touch with u early in the new year, to organise something. thanks again for your assistance :D

i'm looking to finish up similar the drop in this pic, maybe a tad bit higher.

ope126
20-11-2018, 04:45 PM
thanks for those numbers and pic of the 206R.
i like the height of that. 20mm drop is perfect. i don't want any more.

i'll get in touch with u early in the new year, to organise something. thanks again for your assistance :D

i'm looking to finish up similar the drop in this pic, maybe a tad bit higher.

Love the stance of that Superb!!!

lenny
20-11-2018, 05:08 PM
On the AWD Skoda Superb sedan the approximate ride height achieved after installation front and rear is 355-360mm.
Given this the amount of lowering you'll achieve is about 20-25mm in the front and 10mm in the rear. The kit will work fine with the electronic dampers.

what about sway bar (rear,.?) and is there part # and how to buy.? $

lenny
20-11-2018, 06:24 PM
Anyways the front ride height achieved after installation will come to approximately 350-355mm. However if this is too low there may be other non listed options that we can look at. Attached is a photo of sedan that will provide a good idea on front ride height.

yep its a 206R Wagon.....maybe i just try the front springs first...

Pass2093
21-11-2018, 06:54 AM
hey mate, here’s one for you - my wife’s daily driver is a 132TSI B8 Comfortline - she would like a little lower, but not enough to make speed humps an issue for instance. We will be upping from 17” to prob 18” wheels in the future.

can you get a nice flat stance (not bum-high) with a little higher ride height than the pic you posted above?

Hi Anthony, is the wife's car a sedan or wagon ? Also measure the ride height, which is the vertical measurement taken from the center of the wheel to the arch. This is so I can understand the current stance.

doc_777
21-11-2018, 08:46 AM
Hi Anthony, is the wife's car a sedan or wagon ? Also measure the ride height, which is the vertical measurement taken from the center of the wheel to the arch. This is so I can understand the current stance.

Thanks mate - will get those numbers for all 4 corners and get back to you hopefully tonight. She has a sedan.

doc_777
22-11-2018, 06:54 AM
Thanks mate - will get those numbers for all 4 corners and get back to you hopefully tonight. She has a sedan.

Hey hey.

turns out that both the front and rear are in the region of 395mm. Hope that helps.

Pass2093
22-11-2018, 08:19 AM
Hey hey.

turns out that both the front and rear are in the region of 395mm. Hope that helps.

Hi Anthony,

The catalogue listed Eibach Pro Kit will lower the sedan to approximately 350-355mm center of wheel to guard as per the picture attached. Is this stance appropriate ?

doc_777
22-11-2018, 08:23 AM
Hi Anthony,

The catalogue listed Eibach Pro Kit will lower the sedan to approximately 350-355mm center of wheel to guard as per the picture attached. Is this stance appropriate ?

yep, cheers that is good info - that the off-the-shelf kit will result in that stance. I think what visually makes that particular vehicle appear lower is the larger diameter wheels and tyres - makes it ‘look’ lower than it possibly is.

Pass2093
22-11-2018, 08:47 AM
what about sway bar (rear,.?) and is there part # and how to buy.? $

Hi Lenny,

Turns out the rear sway bar is ex-production due from completion in mid December.
The earliest I can organise to have here is by mid to lat March with our stock orders.
Pricing I expect to be around $428

doc_777
22-11-2018, 08:54 AM
Could I order the springs through a local Tassie outlet? Should I specify a kit or part numbers? Or if I buy through the ‘eibachdirect.com.au’ site, does that come though your company?

what;s your first name anyway - be nice to addresss you by name :)

I really appreciate you you help and advice - you have been great to members of this forum, openly helping with your knowledge.

Pass2093
22-11-2018, 11:21 AM
Could I order the springs through a local Tassie outlet? Should I specify a kit or part numbers? Or if I buy through the ‘eibachdirect.com.au’ site, does that come though your company?

what;s your first name anyway - be nice to addresss you by name :)

I really appreciate you you help and advice - you have been great to members of this forum, openly helping with your knowledge.

Hi Anthony,

I have just sent you a PM as I don't want to disturb the forum rules.

Cheers

John

Goublin
02-04-2019, 04:55 PM

Whats the ride quality like?

gruggeri
21-04-2019, 04:30 AM
Hi, I have a Passat B8 2.0TSI with DCC. I want to lowering the car, 20mm/20mm front/back. The Eibach team recommended me Product code:
E10-85-041-04-22. What do you think about it? Will be too lower? And with DCC, could it be ok? Thanks
I use R17 for track day... all days wheels are R18

dArK5HaD0w
03-08-2019, 09:19 AM
Finally the Eibach Pro-kit (E10-85-042-02-22) is in!! woOot ��

Its less wallowy (boat like) now in Normal mode. It's good now.
Sport mode is nice n firm. Comfort mode is still comfortable ��
I have DCC shocks.

Lane Assist, ACC, TJA, etc. etc. all seem well and still behaving as before. Xenons need a slight lift.
but otherwise all good.

Before - 690mm from wheelarch to ground (front & rear)
After - 670mm from wheelarch to ground (front & rear)
or if measuring from wheelarch to centre wheel cap - 350/340mm (front/rear)
Should drop another 5mm or so in the next few weeks.

I'm very happy with it.
Not too much.
Not too little.

Top half of each pic is After.
Bottom half is Before.

ope126
03-08-2019, 12:35 PM
Very Nice. Looks the Goods...

Pass2093
09-08-2019, 09:40 AM
The Eibach Pro Kit has completed the car nicely, glad to know you are satisfied.
If anyone else needs assistance with suspension please let me know, happy to help !

Sloanie
30-11-2021, 03:42 PM
I notice on some sites that the springs Eibach E10-85-042-02-22 doesn't fit my particular car i.e 2016 Passat rline 4motion 2.0 litre BiTDI sedan while on others it does. Should I be worried about it?

nunoluis82
25-10-2023, 05:09 PM
Hey mate do you still work at Eibach? Looking at getting some springs for my 21 passat R206. Thanks