PDA

View Full Version : Frameless Windows in the Wet

Buzy_Robot
24-09-2018, 06:59 PM
Just wondering if fellow Arteon owners are experiencing the following in the wet:

1) open either front door and water is dumped onto the doors and seats. For example, water on the seat is about the size of a couple of thumb prints and water splatters along the seat belt, lower parts of the seat side and across various areas of the door;

2) roll windows down even a little bit while driving and a significant amount of water enters the cabin. For example, picture the drivers side red immobilizer light and wipe your index finger over it and it's like said finger has been dipped into a glass of water and just pulled out.

In both instances I've had to use Chux wipes to soak up the amount of excess water on the interior side of the doors, for fear of it soaking into the doors and/or speakers and causing the electrical system to go kaput.

I'm actually not exaggerating as this is what I'm finding happens in the wet. As I've never owned a car with frameless windows before, and coming from a humble B8 Passat sedan, I'm wondering if this is normal and requires extra care in the wet or is there something amiss with my Arteon?

Ozsko
25-09-2018, 12:12 AM
Operations normal for frameless windows in any car.

Buzy_Robot
25-09-2018, 09:28 AM
Thanks for the clarification Ozsko.

Extra care in the wet it is!