PDA

View Full Version : Side and Rear Assist suddenly stopped working

Passerati
19-09-2018, 11:14 PM
Hey all.

Yesterday on the M1 the Side and Rear Assist traffic alert stopped working.

Got a warning signal and the message on the dash board.

Since it happened I have tried to get it working but still get the same message.

Has this happened to anyone else?

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/09/0f05bc5a79b9f53d80e9c3cfcd985733-1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kamold
20-09-2018, 10:03 AM
Take it back to the dealer.
Possible issue with one of the rear radars.

DR074
20-09-2018, 07:28 PM
Is the car clean?

I haven't had that specific issue, but I did have an issue a couple of weeks ago where the car stopped in the driveway. Sometimes when the car gets dirty, the rear sensors go bizerk when reversing. I ignored the beeping, and kept reversing. Then the car just stopped.
Not sure why I didn't believe my eyes with the rear camera, as I thought i'd hit something. Got out, looked around, but nothing there. Atleast the rear traffic stuff works I guess.

Moral: Wash my bloody car

Newair
21-09-2018, 07:37 AM
Hey Passerati
Check each of the sensors as I had a stone hit the centre of one & the system broke down - might help(?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wynnston
23-09-2018, 09:53 PM
I think the side assist sensors are larger radar units behind the bumper, I don't think they're part of the park sensors which are known to act a little funky when they get dirty.

dArK5HaD0w
25-09-2018, 10:23 PM
I think the side assist sensors are larger radar units behind the bumper, I don't think they're part of the park sensors which are known to act a little funky when they get dirty.

I would assume they r located inside the rear bumper like it is in the Superb, considering it shares the same components as the Passat.