PDA

View Full Version : Fault: vehicle lighting

FarQ
07-09-2018, 06:19 PM
Great, so wife tells me an error has come up on the passat alltrack. So i get home and check it out.

Fault: Vehicle Lighting.

Thinking it is just a bulb, start turning lights on/off. So i find that it looks like a major failure somewhere as the following don't work. Called Camberwell VW Service and am dropping car off monday morning for them to have a look at.

FR: Headlight & indicator not working
FL: DRL not working
RR: rightmost brake light not working
RL: indicator & border led not working

anyone else experience something like this?

zzc2010
07-09-2018, 06:21 PM
Great, so wife tells me an error has come up on the passat alltrack. So i get home and check it out.

Fault: Vehicle Lighting.

Thinking it is just a bulb, start turning lights on/off. So i find that it looks like a major failure somewhere as the following don't work. Called Camberwell VW Service and am dropping car off monday morning for them to have a look at.

FR: Headlight & indicator not working
FL: DRL not working
RR: rightmost brake light not working
RL: indicator & border led not working

anyone else experience something like this?

If you didn’t do any codings, it’s pretty much burned units some where.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FarQ
07-09-2018, 06:31 PM
If you didn’t do any codings, it’s pretty much burned units some where.

only codings i have done which come close to affecting the lights are HBA & HBA memory, which in reality is controlled by the camera...?

kamold
07-09-2018, 06:38 PM
Smells like a BCM issue

JustCruisn
07-09-2018, 06:39 PM
Check the fuses, circuits are often designed with diagonal lights on same circuit.

zzc2010
07-09-2018, 07:08 PM
only codings i have done which come close to affecting the lights are HBA & HBA memory, which in reality is controlled by the camera...?

Well if you’ve done codings. It’s hard to say then. Reverse them back. Don’t say anything.

FarQ
07-09-2018, 08:28 PM
Smells like a BCM issue
BCM issue?

Well if you’ve done codings. It’s hard to say then. Reverse them back. Don’t say anything.

I did my codings back in april, a month after i picked up the car. So it has been working fine since then. If VW want to play hardball, then i will ask them to prove that my codings would cause a hardware failure like this. On a side note, does the car keep a log of coding changes?

zzc2010
07-09-2018, 08:30 PM
BCM issue?

I did my codings back in april, a month after i picked up the car. So it has been working fine since then. If VW want to play hardball, then i will ask them to prove that my codings would cause a hardware failure like this. On a side note, does the car keep a log of coding changes?

Well. Good luck.

kamold
07-09-2018, 08:32 PM
No the car doesn't keep a log, but the VW SVM server has a copy of the factory settings.
BCM issue?

FarQ
08-09-2018, 09:06 AM
Check the fuses, circuits are often designed with diagonal lights on same circuit.

Thanks for all the replies. Worked out the dashcam wasn't working, the fuse piggyback plug had fallen out. All good now. :facepalm:

Wynnston
09-09-2018, 04:57 PM
No the car doesn't keep a log, but the VW SVM server has a copy of the factory settings.

I think they don't even compare the codings vs the original to find out if you've fiddled, they just dump the original codings and test from there.

They reset my central electric module after my first service because my start/stop got re-enabled.