PDA

View Full Version : Selective use of indoor lighting when door opened?

Jubas
30-08-2018, 09:44 AM
Hi all,

We've recently installed a car seat for our upcoming first newborn (:jackinthebox:) and I've noticed the the rear internal light shines *right* down on where her head will be in the car seat whenever we open the door. Now, it's easy to turn off the lights if a door opens, but it seems to be for all the lights.

Is it possible for just *one* of the internal lights not to turn on when the others do if a car door is opened? The manual was of no assistance..

zzc2010
30-08-2018, 09:45 AM
Hi all,

We've recently installed a car seat for our upcoming first newborn (:jackinthebox:) and I've noticed the the rear internal light shines *right* down on where her head will be in the car seat whenever we open the door. Now, it's easy to turn off the lights if a door opens, but it seems to be for all the lights.

Is it possible for just *one* of the internal lights not to turn on when the others do if a car door is opened? The manual was of no assistance..

Take the bulb out will do?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jubas
30-08-2018, 09:47 AM
Yeah - that or tape it over is the last resort.. just wondering if I can find a more 'elegant' solution first :)

doc_777
30-08-2018, 10:27 AM
Isn’t the rear seat inside light on its own switch?

Jubas
30-08-2018, 11:07 AM
Isn’t the rear seat inside light on its own switch?

'Doors open' seems to switch it on regardless of the rear-switch, if the 'lights on when open doors' button is pressed up front. The rear switch seems more useful to turn on when driving and extra light is needed (e.g. for reading)

Lucas_R
30-08-2018, 03:52 PM
+1 for just removing that particular bulb. That's exactly what i did in our car when my daughter was a baby. Once she got a bit older (like 2yrs old) the light didn't bother her anymore so i reinstalled it.

Jubas
03-09-2018, 12:43 PM
Great - bulb removal it is then! Now to find a simple guide to follow, although I'm sure it's fairly self-explanatory

ope126
03-09-2018, 01:07 PM
Great - bulb removal it is then! Now to find a simple guide to follow, although I'm sure it's fairly self-explanatory

All globes are LED now. You might find this to be a sealed unit and you might not be able to remove with out further issues.
Happy to follow your process though...

zzc2010
03-09-2018, 01:11 PM
I feel you can disconnect the cable for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk