PDA

View Full Version : Kodiaq Grille Surround Swap

RedBen
19-07-2018, 10:01 PM
Apologies up front for no pictures - I was working with a torch.

I didn't' like the chrome grille surround so ordered a black Sportline one from SuperSkoda (along with mud flaps). I did a little research on the interweb before ordering so kinda knew what to expect. Should've be fairly straight forward but..... DON'T DROP YOUR PHONE IN THE ENGINE BAY! I put it down without looking and a little piece of me died as it pin-balled its way to the bottom, landing on the undertray. I spent about 2 hours trying to get it out and eventually did by dropping out the tray.

Anyway, as I was saying the grille-surround was pretty straight-forward:

Remove the top cover (10 x T25 screws - 6 visible on top, 4 hidden underneath)
Pry the chrome surround with trim tools, as much as possible away from the clips along the top edge and around the headlights. This is a little scary as there isn't much give. The surround does seem to be weaker than what it is clipped to though.
Without taking the bumper off, there doesn't seem to be a way to get the surround off without 'sacrificing' it and this is what I read online. After a good effort I gave in and broke it to remove the bottom edge 3 clips. Make sure to remove any remnants of the old surround.
The new surround clips in very easily and job's done

Would probably take 30 mins or so as long as you don't have to take the undertray off (!) and have the confidence to pull the old one straight off.

Happy with the result, tidies up the front nicely.

tigger73
19-07-2018, 10:56 PM
Nice work!

Now that you got your phone back post up some pics [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dArK5HaD0w
20-07-2018, 10:52 AM
i'm assuming u didn't have to touch/tamper with the ACC sensor behind the grille?

as tigger73 said - pics please :)

RedBen
20-07-2018, 10:46 PM
Nope, didn't have to meddle with the ACC sensor and used it as normal (a lot) today with no difference.

Pic as requested