PDA

View Full Version : Arteon Map Updates

DreamensioN
15-07-2018, 03:07 PM
Loaded the new-ish (from April) map updates into the Arteon today. It's really easy once you know what to do. It's the same procedure for just about all VW models, but I thought I'd post the specific steps here that I did in my Arteon so it'll give other Arteon owners confidence in doing this themselves.

To do this upgrade you'll need either an SD or MicroSD card (with the SD adapter) that's at least 32Gb in size, or a USB key that's at least 32Gb in size. I used a USB key I had lying around.

Note: The SDCard/USB key must be formatted with exFAT. This is pretty easy to do on any Windows computer but I assume it would be similar for Mac. Here are the steps on how to do it on a Windows PC (if you've never done it before): How to Format Hard Drive to exFAT in Windows 7/8/10? (https://www.disk-partition.com/articles/format-hard-drive-to-exfat-0310.html)

Step 1: Go here (Volkswagen Map & Softwareupdates (http://webspecial.volkswagen.de/vwinfotainment/int/en/index/downloads/maps-download)) and download the latest map updates. It's a HUGE download (26Gb), so borrow someone's NBN connection or do it from work :P. Just pick your model & your entertainment unit type.

Step 2: Extract the entire contents of the downloaded 7zip package that you got from the above link to the root of your USB drive. Basically so it looks like this...

Step 3: Go to your car and plug it in somewhere. I plugged my USB into the port where the phone is suppose to sit. You can see it here with the green light on it.

Step 4: On the head unit go to the Main Menu -> Settings -> System Information -> Update Software. The head unit will then look for the SD Card/USB - the process may take a minute or two to complete. Once it has found the software on your memory stick, it'll start the process.

The process took 40min on my car. So it's at this point I should probably mention make sure you have a fully charged battery, or better yet do it with a battery charger hooked up. If you don't have one...maybe do it with the engine running instead. Just don't run the engine with the garage door closed :P

The update will get to 100% and then you'll see this screen.

Click OK and that's it. However I did a hard reboot of my head unit just for the sake of it.

Next time VW release updated maps, it's just the same process again.

Enjoy!

LRDV8R
15-07-2018, 06:32 PM
GREAT WRITE UP- Thanks DreamensioN - downloading now.

Buzy_Robot
27-07-2018, 11:13 AM
Nice! Thanks for sharing, mate. Arteon arrived with 2017/2018 maps. Will update to 2018/2019 shortly.

HiddenTaco
27-07-2018, 02:44 PM
Thanks. From what I understand it is a software update as well. Any noticable differences?

DreamensioN
30-07-2018, 12:09 PM
Thanks. From what I understand it is a software update as well. Any noticable differences?

I was going to say I hadn't noticed any difference - but you know what..... thinking about it, its been a while since I remember having this issue: http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f248/some-arteon-quirks-vs-other-models-123011.html#post1264623

So maybe the latest update has sorted that out. I'll have to pay more attention to see if the issue still happens or not now.

P_132TSI_Rline
14-11-2018, 05:35 PM
Thank you for instructions DreamensioN.
Used download tool on VW.de and download to USB, No unzipping , took 9 hrs
Updated in b8 passat took 35 min.

But noticed couple of things after update!
Wonder if anyone had any issues?
Here are mine.

1. When driving with maps open but no navigation 40 speed zones are not showing , it stays on 60 or 50 zones on the screen.
Did anyone had this issue?

2. When navigating and driving along suburb streets
50 speed zones is not showing!?
Anyone had this?

If yes please let me know if there is a fix available .

Other than this two little things downloading and updating in the car was strait forward and easy.

REK
19-11-2018, 12:09 PM
26Gb... crikey all mighty.

dArK5HaD0w
19-11-2018, 04:22 PM
26Gb... crikey all mighty.

that 26GB includes maps for almost every country, except for those in Europe, Russia, China, India and US!!
so yes - itsa a big file.

we fall in the RoW (Rest of the World) bucket, i.e. non-European

REK
25-11-2018, 10:40 AM
October maps are out. Will install today :)

DreamensioN
25-11-2018, 11:14 AM
October maps are out. Will install today :)

Ohhh - thanks for the heads up!

P_132TSI_Rline
28-11-2018, 04:58 PM
Is that 2019 update or 2018/2019?

dArK5HaD0w
29-11-2018, 12:27 PM
Is that 2019 update or 2018/2019?

P76 is 2019 update.

P_132TSI_Rline
29-11-2018, 02:07 PM
Ok cool. Checked last night for my discover pro gen2 and update seem to be 2018/2019 I got several weeks ago. No 2019 for me 😬

doc_777
29-11-2018, 02:17 PM
VW systems display as 2018/2019. Not sure if the reason why, but it is the same P76 package, and the same map data.

P_132TSI_Rline
30-11-2018, 08:58 AM
Cool, thanks for clearing that up.

credman
09-02-2019, 07:51 PM
Hey Dreamension, so I've followed all your steps and everything looks the same as yours. Now I've put my SD card into the Golf SD slot and I keep getting an error message "Error: no data available. Please insert a source with software update data or check the source". Anyone had this before? This is the first update I've done, my current database is P62!

DreamensioN
11-02-2019, 07:24 AM
Hey Dreamension, so I've followed all your steps and everything looks the same as yours. Now I've put my SD card into the Golf SD slot and I keep getting an error message "Error: no data available. Please insert a source with software update data or check the source". Anyone had this before? This is the first update I've done, my current database is P62!

Sorry Credman - only just saw your message.

Did you download the maps for the Golf? The maps for the Arteon and the Golf are different (like the software is different), so it's important to get the right ones.

credman
11-02-2019, 03:34 PM
Yep, downloaded the Golf ones directly to the computer using DiscoverCare app on my Macbook, tried to download directly but it kept failing. Once downloaded I unzipped it onto an SD card. As I plug the SD card in it says “SD1, new update available” then I try update and it gives me the error as above...

ANDREWF
03-03-2019, 07:58 PM
I have tried a few times this afternoon to do the map update on my Arteon , via both USB and SD slot, without success.
I have used the 26gig map files from the web site as the Discovercare software app doesnt seem to be the right way for this car. I will try some alternate storage devices next , but some guidance on ones that have been proven to work would be useful,

thanks

DreamensioN
04-03-2019, 01:43 PM
I have tried a few times this afternoon to do the map update on my Arteon , via both USB and SD slot, without success.
I have used the 26gig map files from the web site as the Discovercare software app doesnt seem to be the right way for this car. I will try some alternate storage devices next , but some guidance on ones that have been proven to work would be useful,

thanks

What error are you getting? Or is it not finding your SD/USB? You formatted it as ex-fat?

ANDREWF
08-03-2019, 10:13 PM
I have updated now, using the Sandisk 32gig SDcard I had previously used for my mp3/flac media files. The 64gig Samsung SDcard I had tried was new & not tested before. Now the updates applied I will reformat the Samsung card for media storage & see if it works in that role.

DreamensioN
09-03-2019, 09:46 AM
Weird that a brand new Samsung card didn't work. Good to hear you got it sorted though - thanks for the update.

Hopefully if someone else has the same issue this helps them out.

Hillbilly
09-03-2019, 09:11 PM
I have updated now, using the Sandisk 32gig SDcard I had previously used for my mp3/flac media files. The 64gig Samsung SDcard I had tried was new & not tested before. Now the updates applied I will reformat the Samsung card for media storage & see if it works in that role.

Could be the way they were formatted Cards up to 32gb are usually Fat 32 and any bigger ones are usually ExFat

Have trouble with using larger sizes in some dashcams if formatted in Windoze and have to format them as Fat32 in a special program

ANDREWF
10-03-2019, 05:25 PM
I just cleared & loaded the samsung 64gig card , made sure to use exfat again , and it works fine for media playback.

I did try loading the internal SSD with files a while back, and it didnt seem to take much to be full, must to be a low capacity storage in there. I should have another fiddle with the dynaudio settings too, I only setup the mixer levels in the first week of having the car, and coming from a lexus Mark Levinson 17-speaker setup I had a hard time finding settings I liked. It seems to have settled into an acceptable tone by now though so maybe I can improve things further.

Stevieh
30-05-2019, 05:18 PM
Hi all, I just tried this on my "New" Arteon, but maps were 2017/2018. Its typical VW Dealers not to update cars before delivery. Anyway back to the thread. I tried the update with USB formatted to exFAT as suggested, but kept getting the error message that no update could be found and to insert media. Then tried it again but this time formatted to FAT (MSDOS). This time the car accepted the update no issues. Just thought I would mention in case others have issues. By the way thanks so much to the original post for the information on where to find the updates. SO GOOD.

Hillbilly
30-05-2019, 05:28 PM
Hi all, I just tried this on my "New" Arteon, but maps were 2017/2018. Its typical VW Dealers not to update cars before delivery. Anyway back to the thread. I tried the update with USB formatted to exFAT as suggested, but kept getting the error message that no update could be found and to insert media. Then tried it again but this time formatted to FAT (MSDOS). This time the car accepted the update no issues. Just thought I would mention in case others have issues. By the way thanks so much to the original post for the information on where to find the updates. SO GOOD.

Fat32 is the way to do it so if you havent got a format program you are limited to 32GB cards

Hillbilly
30-05-2019, 05:30 PM
I just cleared & loaded the samsung 64gig card , made sure to use exfat again , and it works fine for media playback.

I did try loading the internal SSD with files a while back, and it didnt seem to take much to be full, must to be a low capacity storage in there. I should have another fiddle with the dynaudio settings too, I only setup the mixer levels in the first week of having the car, and coming from a lexus Mark Levinson 17-speaker setup I had a hard time finding settings I liked. It seems to have settled into an acceptable tone by now though so maybe I can improve things further.

Should be 10GB so enough to take thousands of tracks I have over 2000 on mine nad its no where near full

MrAskani
04-06-2019, 09:01 AM
Internal SSD?? Far out I've really gotta read that manual. Has anyone got a digital version for a 2019 Arteon???

P_132TSI_Rline
10-08-2019, 08:49 AM
Just if you guys dont know new software update 2019/2020 released in 07.2019 is available for download from volkswagen. de
Its 23gigb file

Hillbilly
10-08-2019, 09:33 AM
Just if you guys dont know new software update 2019/2020 released in 07.2019 is available for download from volkswagen. de
Its 23gigb file

Date is actually JUNE the 7th NOT July 6th and is ROW 79 which has been out since then

Date is in US format Month/Day/Year

ANDREWF
08-09-2019, 07:14 PM
I just went through this process again, failed to locate the update on my Samsung 64gig sdcard in exfat, and also failed on a Verbatim 32gig.

I tried a USB stick with no luck. Had to buy another Sandisk 32gig sdcard & that worked again first time.

Hillbilly
08-09-2019, 08:34 PM
I just went through this process again, failed to locate the update on my Samsung 64gig sdcard in exfat, and also failed on a Verbatim 32gig.

I tried a USB stick with no luck. Had to buy another Sandisk 32gig sdcard & that worked again first time.

What did you format the Verbatim 32gb one as and how big was the Stick

Also note that you can only load 1000 tracks straight onto the internal SSD jukebox

I thought I had 2000 and then noticed half hadnt loaded

However if you put them on in 1000 amounts it will add to previous ones up to about 3000 max

ANDREWF
09-09-2019, 10:02 PM
I did both exfat & fat32 on the Samsung. Just exfat on Verbatim.
USB was a 32gig Sandisk Force in exfat plugged into phone area socket, also no good.
I easily spent 3 hours prepping the various data options & then it took a 40 minute drive to install when that last one worked.
Looks like I will just stick with Sandisk SDcards for future updates.

I managed to fill my SSD jukebox partition because I had aquired a large number of FLAC data files, with just mp3 it would be plenty of space. I also have some MKV with DTS-HD lossless audio encoding which work well, although I think I left those on the sdcard. I don;t think the amp supports positional audio though, just seems to be the stereo downconversion all around the car.

Hillbilly
09-09-2019, 10:24 PM
I did both exfat & fat32 on the Samsung. Just exfat on Verbatim.
USB was a 32gig Sandisk Force in exfat plugged into phone area socket, also no good.
I easily spent 3 hours prepping the various data options & then it took a 40 minute drive to install when that last one worked.
Looks like I will just stick with Sandisk SDcards for future updates.

I managed to fill my SSD jukebox partition because I had aquired a large number of FLAC data files, with just mp3 it would be plenty of space. I also have some MKV with DTS-HD lossless audio encoding which work well, although I think I left those on the sdcard. I don;t think the amp supports positional audio though, just seems to be the stereo down conversion all around the car.

Yes well Fat32 is the way to go and 32gb is any amount big enough and windows will format them properly at that size Just use default Fat32 settings

Why so long mine downloaded in less than an hour chucked it in the car and 45 mins later it was done Just left car idling in garage.

Anyway you can stop it and it will just start up from where it stopped no problem.

Ive only got MP3's cos Im lazy and just get it all off the net and have ripped a few Cd's into it as well as I have enabled CD ripping in the car

MrAskani
12-09-2019, 10:25 AM
I just use Spotify... no more downloading anything and no need for that jukebox really.

Hillbilly
12-09-2019, 10:58 AM
I just use Spotify... no more downloading anything and no need for that jukebox really.

Yes very good but what do the backward people who only use a phone as a phone. I dont have any data allowance on mine and cant be bothered doing it at home via Wifi and all the mucking around.

I have about 53Gb of music on my computer so just load some of that in every now and again for variety

Nth Qld VW Driver
12-01-2020, 01:17 PM
Hi All, just updated maps to 2019/2020, just a couple of points of note. When I unzipped the file my directory didn't have the MD5 file which I believe is some kind of check sum. Anyway rather than downloading 23GB of data again I put the SD card into SD1 and 52 minutes later all was good. :banana:

Hillbilly
12-01-2020, 01:54 PM
Hi All, just updated maps to 2019/2020, just a couple of points of note. When I unzipped the file my directory didn't have the MD5 file which I believe is some kind of check sum. Anyway rather than downloading 23GB of data again I put the SD card into SD1 and 52 minutes later all was good. :banana:

Thats all it usually has

Nth Qld VW Driver
13-01-2020, 03:04 PM
I was comparing my extracted files to the OP's image. Thought it might be relevant, especially since there seems to be a degree of difficulty in getting the unit to recognise media.

BO11OS
22-01-2020, 01:31 PM
Hi guys probably a silly question to start with but did you ask your VW dealer to do this for you ? i did on my 1st service & they did for free. Next question does anyone know if you can & then if yes how to get your live google maps on to your dash ?
As soon as you go android auto the maps only appear on the info unit & not the dash.

Hillbilly
22-01-2020, 02:02 PM
Hi guys probably a silly question to start with but did you ask your VW dealer to do this for you ? i did on my 1st service & they did for free. Next question does anyone know if you can & then if yes how to get your live google maps on to your dash ?
As soon as you go android auto the maps only appear on the info unit & not the dash.

No you get the maps off VW germany and No you cant have Google maps in the dash in front of you As far as most poster tell us

Eded
01-03-2020, 01:30 PM
Hi All,

Spent days researching and downloading, trying failing. Finally I got it to work!

Nav device: Discover Navigation Pro
Download: http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacordcdn.com/P85_N60S5MIBH3_ROW.7z (2020 maps 24.2GB)
Media device: Lexar Jumpdrive v100 USB 3.0 32GB (Bought from Woolworths)
Copy method: FAT 32 format. Unzip files (not parent folder) into USB
Patch method:
1) Plug into USB port located inside mobile phone compartment.
2) Go to navigation > settings > version information
3) Tap "Update (SD/USB)" <--(this is where I got stuck most of the time)
4) After a few seconds to a minute, an update on the USB should be detected. Accept update and update should take 40 mins approx.

What failed for me in previous attempts:
- Sandisk 32GB 98mb/s in both exFat and Fat32 formats
- Lexar USB 3 32GB, with ExFat format (the same USB device as above)

Hillbilly
01-03-2020, 01:53 PM
Hi All,

Spent days researching and downloading, trying failing. Finally I got it to work!

Nav device: Discover Navigation Pro
Download: http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacordcdn.com/P85_N60S5MIBH3_ROW.7z (2020 maps 24.2GB)
Media device: Lexar Jumpdrive v100 USB 3.0 32GB (Bought from Woolworths)
Copy method: FAT 32 format. Unzip files (not parent folder) into USB
Patch method:
1) Plug into USB port located inside mobile phone compartment.
2) Go to navigation > settings > version information
3) Tap "Update (SD/USB)" <--(this is where I got stuck most of the time)
4) After a few seconds to a minute, an update on the USB should be detected. Accept update and update should take 40 mins approx.

What failed for me in previous attempts:
- Sandisk 32GB 98mb/s in both exFat and Fat32 formats
- Lexar USB 3 32GB, with ExFat format (the same USB device as above)

Cant understand why people have so much trouble

I have latest on a 4year old well used Samsung 32GB microSD card I had in my dashcams Formatted in Fat32 and not a single problem

Have another copy on an old Fujitsu 32Gb SD card also formatted as Fat32 which also works

Stick either in one of the SD slots in glovebox and it finds it and updates Simples

Your link doesnt work for me

Eded
02-03-2020, 01:39 PM
Hi @Hillbilly

My bad here is the link:
http://vw-mapscdn.tdd.adacorcdn.com/P85_N60S5MIBH3_ROW.7z

Regarding why the MicroSD didn't work, I wish I knew why. It could be one of the following reasons:

a) The brand and specs of the card weren't compatible (Sandisk MicroSDHC 32GB UHS-I card with adapter)
b) The adapter was defective
c) The card itself was defective
d) The SD card reader in my car was defective
e) Software or firmware within the SD reader or infotainment selectively only allowing VW SDcards write access.
f) The files were corrupted or did not copy over properly
g) The SD card was formatted in Fat32 in OSX Apple Mac.

b, c, d and g are unlikely because I was able to see the files while browsing in the infotainment's photo viewer. Though with g) not sure if OSX Fat32 is different to Win Fat32, or if it matters.

Im not sure why e) would be the case since USBs would then be too easy of a backdoor.

That would then leave a) or f) or possibly g)

Hillbilly
02-03-2020, 01:57 PM
Hi @Hillbilly

My bad here is the link:

Regarding why the MicroSD didn't work, I wish I knew why. It could be one of the following reasons:

a) The brand and specs of the card weren't compatible (Sandisk MicroSDHC 32GB UHS-I card with adapter)
b) The adapter was defective
c) The card itself was defective
d) The SD card reader in my car was defective
e) Software or firmware within the SD reader or infotainment selectively only allowing VW SDcards write access.
f) The files were corrupted or did not copy over properly
g) The SD card was formatted in Fat32 in OSX Apple Mac.

b, c, d and g are unlikely because I was able to see the files while browsing in the infotainment's photo viewer. Though with g) not sure if OSX Fat32 is different to Win Fat32, or if it matters.

Im not sure why e) would be the case since USBs would then be too easy of a backdoor.

That would then leave a) or f) or possibly g)

B or D is most likely but you have two SD slots dont you

Yes using a fruity think is different and causes more problems than enough

Mr_206
04-03-2020, 10:16 AM
Who uses the Nav built in anyway?! never used it. Mines always on WAZE through android auto

Hillbilly
04-03-2020, 10:55 AM
Who uses the Nav built in anyway?! never used it. Mines always on WAZE through android auto

I do because I dont have any data on my phone and never will

Mr_206
11-03-2020, 10:25 AM
I do because I dont have any data on my phone and never will

I thought all plans came with some data.

At the very least you can download google maps for your area and that still would be more accurate than the inbuilt nav

Hillbilly
11-03-2020, 10:56 AM
I thought all plans came with some data.

At the very least you can download google maps for your area and that still would be more accurate than the inbuilt nav

You are assuming I have a plan. I dont. I am on prepaid and if my phone is used once a week its busy. I have done that and used it but my built in VW map is as good and its on a much bigger screen in two places in my car

LimestoneR7
02-06-2020, 08:18 PM
Hi @Hillbilly

My bad here is the link:

I just downloaded and updated my 2015 Mk7 Golf with a retrofitted MIB1 with this file via SD card.

I'm super happy as I wasn't able to update a map last year. I thought that my unit would need newer firmware as I thought the map updates deliberately required it (with dealer interventuin required) , but my success this time seems to have proven that wrong.

DreamensioN
07-07-2020, 11:36 AM
The latest (June 2020) map updates are now available. This is P88 (version 88 ).

Direct link for the discover pro units (rest of the world) is here:

https://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/P88_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT.7z

hellbuster
07-07-2020, 09:42 PM
The latest (June 2020) map updates are now available. This is P88 (version 88 ).

Direct link for the discover pro units (rest of the world) is here:

https://vw-maps-cdn.lighthouselabs.eu/vw-maps/P88_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT.7z

You are a champ!!!!

SdvolksArteon
10-10-2020, 10:21 AM
https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2020/10/b0cf35bed5675e1d93004182c6153ffa-1.jpg

Sent from my car phone.

ANDREWF
29-11-2020, 08:56 AM
I just noticed there is a P90 map update , assume this is more recent than the P88 I applied last week.

https://navigation-maps.volkswagen.com/vw-maps/P90_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT.7z

Hillbilly
29-11-2020, 09:31 AM
I just noticed there is a P90 map update , assume this is more recent than the P88 I applied last week.

https://navigation-maps.volkswagen.com/vw-maps/P90_N60S5MIBH3_ROW_NT.7z

Rather obvious you would think as 88 is from June as per first reply

If you open "new posts "when you come to the forum you will get everything across all subforums and that link was posted for this edition of the map about 3 weeks ago In both the Golf Mk7 and Tiguan Mk2 threads (which are the most popular ATM)

EmJay
01-01-2021, 09:07 AM
I have tried a 32GB USB and a 128GB SD Card. In both cases, the car reports that no software update can be found :(

Hillbilly
01-01-2021, 09:43 AM
I have tried a 32GB USB and a 128GB SD Card. In both cases, the car reports that no software update can be found :(

What unit have you got an what computer are you using A real PC or a Cr.....MAC

Post the contents of the SD card If you do it right and put the Sd card in and then turn the ign on it will find it as unit starts up

EmJay
01-01-2021, 10:08 AM
As per the first post, I have the Mib1 and Mib2 folders in the root of the SD card52476

Have tried both after inserting the SD card, and after start-up

Hillbilly
01-01-2021, 10:30 AM
As per the first post, I have the Mib1 and Mib2 folders in the root of the SD card52476

Please answer all the questions

Hillbilly
01-01-2021, 10:32 AM

Please answer all the questions as it can make a difference

EmJay
01-01-2021, 10:33 AM
Discover Pro, real PC

Hillbilly
01-01-2021, 11:14 AM
Strange the folder should be 31,371,034,624 bytes and should have

Mib1
Mib2
Metaininfo.txt On it

Thats all Mine is formatted in Fat 32

EmJay
01-01-2021, 11:53 AM
Thanks for your assistance, hillbilly. It turns out that the metainfo file is important, and was missing from my SD card for some reason

Hillbilly
01-01-2021, 12:04 PM
Thanks for your assistance, hillbilly. It turns out that the metainfo file is important, and was missing from my SD card for some reason

so now it works???????

EmJay
01-01-2021, 12:48 PM
Yeah, I copied the missing file over, and it was recognised and I've updated successfully

Hillbilly
01-01-2021, 01:32 PM
Yeah, I copied the missing file over, and it was recognised and I've updated successfully

Very good, makes a difference when its done correctly LOL

messy_smith
07-07-2021, 07:15 PM
Hello,

first time posting, letting you know he most recent map updates v97 were released a couple of days ago.

followed the original post and went smoothly, although took car 40 minutes to recognise the update was there and a further 40 to complete.

Volkswagen Map Updates (https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/car/)

regards
Matt

Hillbilly
07-07-2021, 07:26 PM
Hello,

first time posting, letting you know he most recent map updates v97 were released a couple of days ago.

followed the original post and went smoothly, although took car 40 minutes to recognise the update was there and a further 40 to complete.

Volkswagen Map Updates (https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/car/)

regards
Matt Yep got it on 25th June

ANDREWF
15-11-2021, 08:21 PM
I was looking for the new VW maps to update the car & ended up with downloads of P97 series.

I was poking around the other forums for some reason & saw a mention that SKODA had posted their version of the maps early, and was then able to grab the P99 version instead. Seems to have loaded onto my system OK.

The size of the files is now approaching the max 32gig capacity of my sdcard, I had no luck with using larger card for maps updates.

Apparently this map data will be on VW portal in 2 weeks or so. I expect to be driving somewhere in 2 weeks so having the new maps early is ideal for me.

i realise there is probably people who will chime in to say they already had them , but this is the main & usually only forum I visit so posting a mention here doesnt seem too much effort to make for anyone else that has an interest.

Hillbilly
15-11-2021, 08:45 PM
I was looking for the new VW maps to update the car & ended up with downloads of P97 series.

I was poking around the other forums for some reason & saw a mention that SKODA had posted their version of the maps early, and was then able to grab the P99 version instead. Seems to have loaded onto my system OK.

The size of the files is now approaching the max 32gig capacity of my sdcard, I had no luck with using larger card for maps updates.

Apparently this map data will be on VW portal in 2 weeks or so. I expect to be driving somewhere in 2 weeks so having the new maps early is ideal for me.

i realise there is probably people who will chime in to say they already had them , but this is the main & usually only forum I visit so posting a mention here doesnt seem too much effort to make for anyone else that has an interest.

Has been mentioned in several different sub forums and as they are suitable for several different models we arent going to post them everywhere like wallpaper

As for SD card sizes I have used various cards up to 200GB and as long as they are formatted correctly, will and do work

As for not seeing the posts when you log to the forum page go up to NEW POSTS top left and you will see anything you havent caught up on.since you last visited. Either that or do a search for "Map updates" occasionally.

VW maps come out in week 20 and 45 and Skoda about 3 weeks prior to that as for last 2 years at least.

As the Golf and Tiguan forums are most popular look in there

Like this one New map on skoda portal 23 october (https://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/f238/new-map-skoda-portal-23-october-133168.html)

dairyfloss
14-12-2021, 10:40 AM
VW P99 version maps for the Discover Pro are available as of a couple of weeks ago. Release is dated 29-Nov-2021.
Link: Volkswagen Map Updates (https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/car)

Cheers,
Matt.

DreamensioN
14-12-2021, 11:59 AM
Thanks for the heads up!

Hillbilly
14-12-2021, 12:10 PM
Has actually been available on the SKODA site since 22 OCT when I posted it in the Tiguan Forum
Click on New posts in top bar and stuff from other forums will show up

dairyfloss
14-12-2021, 12:26 PM
Has actually been available on the SKODA site since 22 OCT when I posted it in the Tiguan Forum
Click on New posts in top bar and stuff from other forums will show up

Cool - wasn't sure if exactly the same, though did see they come through sooner

Hillbilly
14-12-2021, 01:10 PM
The two brands maps are identical just different file names.Has been like that for years

Buzy_Robot
14-12-2021, 10:43 PM
VW P99 version maps for the Discover Pro are available as of a couple of weeks ago. Release is dated 29-Nov-2021.
Link: Volkswagen Map Updates (https://app-connect.volkswagen.com/mapupdates/car)

Cheers,
Matt.

Thanks Matt - updated & working perfectly!