PDA

View Full Version : Closing the boot from the inside

DreamensioN
07-07-2018, 07:49 PM
Ok - so I'm posting this as a whole new thread because I only just worked out how to do this.

In the Arteon manual - it says that you can close the tailgate from inside the cabin. However, I've owned the car for 7 months, and this whole time I've been able to open the tailgate using the button on the drivers side door, but I haven't been able to close it.

Well - I just figured out how to. With the button on the drivers side door - if you just pull it up - it will open the tailgate. I always thought that once it's open, if you pulled it up again - it would then initiate a close sequence, but it never worked. I figured maybe the Australian delivered models didn't come with the function (even though it says it in the manual).

However - just today, I worked out how to close the tailgate using the same button. You need to pull the button up, and HOLD it up. After about 2 seconds it will then start to close. The button must be held up the whole time until the tailgate is properly closed and locked. If you let go at any point, the tailgate will stop wherever it is.

So...after 7 months of ownership - I just figured this out. Hopefully it'll help some other owners out.

HiddenTaco
08-07-2018, 11:07 AM
Thanks.

Can't think if a scenario where I need this, but now I will be prepared.

LRDV8R
08-07-2018, 01:13 PM
Thanks.

At the drive thru bottle shop “just pop the slab in the back thanks mate!”

dArK5HaD0w
08-07-2018, 09:01 PM
Hmm, that's interesting.
I must try this on my Superb tomorrow.

Ozsko
08-07-2018, 10:11 PM
Thanks.

Bunnings when leaving their drive in trade section.

dArK5HaD0w
09-07-2018, 12:32 PM

after deploying/opening the air-brake (aka boot) to slow the car down dramatically, and then u want to speed up again - u need to be able to retract/close the air-brake (aka boot) while on the move :P

benefits of an electric boot ;)

HiddenTaco
09-07-2018, 03:44 PM
Ahh, I see. For that extra down force when driving around the track. /s

dArK5HaD0w
10-07-2018, 11:40 AM
Hmm, that's interesting.
I must try this on my Superb tomorrow.

sadly - no deal for me.

although, i just realised urs is a "pull" button, whereas the button in the Superb is a "push" button.
its on the centre console, next to the parking aids.

F1natical
07-02-2023, 10:17 PM
Ok - so I'm posting this as a whole new thread because I only just worked out how to do this.

In the Arteon manual - it says that you can close the tailgate from inside the cabin. However, I've owned the car for 7 months, and this whole time I've been able to open the tailgate using the button on the drivers side door, but I haven't been able to close it.

Well - I just figured out how to. With the button on the drivers side door - if you just pull it up - it will open the tailgate. I always thought that once it's open, if you pulled it up again - it would then initiate a close sequence, but it never worked. I figured maybe the Australian delivered models didn't come with the function (even though it says it in the manual).

However - just today, I worked out how to close the tailgate using the same button. You need to pull the button up, and HOLD it up. After about 2 seconds it will then start to close. The button must be held up the whole time until the tailgate is properly closed and locked. If you let go at any point, the tailgate will stop wherever it is.

So...after 7 months of ownership - I just figured this out. Hopefully it'll help some other owners out.

This sure did help me out thanks! Have been trying to figure this out for 5 years, probably should have read the manual sooner. Additionally for others that it might also help, although the car can be off to open the boot with the button, the ignition must be on to close it as you detailed.

For those wondering why it might be useful, several times the boot release on the key fob in my pocket has accidentally opened it....I had to keep getting out the damn car to close it, no more!