PDA

View Full Version : MY19 Passat

Jimi
05-06-2018, 06:03 PM
Is any info on specs available yet?

limiteded
06-06-2018, 09:06 PM
140tdi highline sedan and wagon discontinued effective early may.

Jimi
08-06-2018, 11:44 AM
I received this nothing reply from Volkswagen this morning after making an enquiry online

Thank you for contacting Volkswagen Group Australia.

At this stage, we do not have any further information on the MY19 Passat Wagon.

I would encourage you to check back with us closer towards the end of this year as an update may be available.

Jondalar
08-06-2018, 12:21 PM
There's nothing about a Passat update on this releases list New Car Calendar 2018 - motoring.com.au (https://www.motoring.com.au/new-car-calendar-11034/)
The VW Aus website already lists MY18.5 specs, maybe that is all the changes for the year?

Jimi
13-06-2018, 08:39 PM
We might be getting somewhere, though this probably more likely to be MY20

2019 Volkswagen Passat facelift spied | CarAdvice (https://www.caradvice.com.au/656823/2019-volkswagen-passat-facelift/)

Rocket36
14-06-2018, 12:11 PM
Bring back a V6 version? YES PLEASE!

Although my next VW will likely be the new Toureg.

tigger73
06-07-2018, 08:15 PM
Confirmed all diesel variants (including Alltrack) are no longer available in MY19.

kamold
06-07-2018, 08:22 PM
Confirmed all diesel variants (including Alltrack) are no longer available in MY19.Wow that's huge.
Disappointed even though I wouldn't buy one personally.
Been really happy with our 125tdi and the in-laws have 2 103tdis.
I'm really hopeful of a vr6 turbo arteon shooting brake....

crash486
06-07-2018, 08:27 PM
Wow. Bummer. I thought I'd even read there was to be individual cylinder on/off and on diesel.
Have to look for that article.

Crash486

tigger73
06-07-2018, 08:39 PM
I suspect it's right across VAG passenger cars as Skoda has cancelled their diesel models. Plus Tiguan loses its 140TDI and 110TDI engines too.

Jimi
06-07-2018, 09:42 PM
Where’d you hear this from Tigger? Any additional info?

I wonder if the diesel cull will extend to the Q5, etc.

Would it apply in Europe too? Same engines... or is it just a need to simplify ranges everywhere because of WLTP?

tigger73
06-07-2018, 10:34 PM
I heard it from the Sales Manager of the dealership that I'm purchasing my Tiguan from. He told me that MY19 Tiguan changes had just been announced and all the diesels had been discontinued (as well as the 118TSI). He also confirmed that the Passat diesels were gone which was announced in May. This comes on top of Skoda announcing the discontinuation of all their diesels also.

So I'm guessing it's across the entire VAG range. I'm not sure if it effects the larger capacity 6 cylinder diesels in the Touareg or the commercial vehicles but it sounds like the passenger cars are all being pulled for MY19. My guess is that the cars wouldn't meet the WLTP test and so have been withdrawn from sale (which would apply in Europe as well as here). Whether they will come back is questionable and will be interesting to see what happens with other manufacturers.

Jimi
06-07-2018, 11:38 PM
Thank Tigger. It’s interesting to think through the implications of this for resale of existing diesels (maybe good?) as well as what the smaller range means for new petrol sales (my key interest). Either:

- less choice means less supply and therefore it’s harder to drive a discount; or
- less choice means fewer sales and dealers therefore more desperate to do a deal. An imminent facelift can’t hurt either.

tigger73
07-07-2018, 07:38 AM
I think overall VW sales will go down as people wanting a Diesel engine car will be forced to shop other brands.

I suspect dealers will be keener than ever to do a deal - especially regional dealers where the % of diesel sales would be higher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

crash486
07-07-2018, 08:07 AM
Then last night I see Hyundai's Kona is getting diesel and Mazda advertising economy and reliability of diesels.
Maybe they are going after niche that VW have left.

Crash486

limiteded
07-07-2018, 08:10 AM
Confirmed all diesel variants (including Alltrack) are no longer available in MY19.

Thats pretty heavy. Im surprised that Michael Bartsch hasnt delivered information like that in a media release, rather than us hearing it just by a dealership Manager from a dealer bulletin. It has to surely be a temporary measure until the W LTP is sorted out. It looks like on VW germany that the engine Options have been reduced/ rationalised aspart of W LTP, But the diesels have not been cut altogether.
Wltp is causing massive headaches for production staff, with what seems to be forced slow downs/stops to production in plants in germany in the 4th quarter
Ive just drove around germany for the last 10 days in a new passat manual 110TDI Wagon , and it was awesome on the fuel economy and had pleanty of pull on the autobahns at 175km/h (not willing to go any faster)

tigger73
07-07-2018, 08:22 AM
Yeah not sure if this is a temporary measure only or if it’s permanent.

Or the other thing may be due to foreseen production problems they’ve restricted Aus to petrol only.

Only time will tell.

FarQ
07-07-2018, 05:17 PM
lucky i got my passat alltrack when i did then.....

tigger73
07-07-2018, 06:14 PM
lucky i got my passat alltrack when i did then.....

There's still a few around but yes once these are gone there's no guarantees that we'll get them back.

FarQ
08-07-2018, 06:43 PM
There's still a few around but yes once these are gone there's no guarantees that we'll get them back.

Yeah, hardly any alltrack wolfys. As the Active Info Dash is the ducks nuts... :)

Jondalar
09-07-2018, 10:42 AM
Very disappointing news about the diesels. Glad I don't have to worry about it for a few years having just got the Alltrack Wolfsburg. Looks like the Golf diesels are gone too, such a shame because they deliver fantastic grunt and economy.

doc_777
09-07-2018, 05:24 PM
Has it officially been announced by VAG? If not..... some dealers are known to stretch the truth....

tigger73
09-07-2018, 06:14 PM
Has it officially been announced by VAG? If not..... some dealers are known to stretch the truth....

I’ve had this confirmed for Passat and Tiguan that diesel is not being offered in MY19. Not sure about Golf.

Jimi
02-08-2018, 11:12 PM
Has anyone come across any additional information following the formal releases for the Golf and Tiguan in the last couple of days?

dArK5HaD0w
03-08-2018, 01:27 PM
apparently the quality of diesel here in australia is sheet (not up to scratch), meaning the engines (associated with MY19 models) won't meet the stricter emmission standards - hence no new TDi.
i don't know if this is across every TDi engine for the AU market.

all the TSi engines are being changed to get particulate filters added, so they can comply with the new standards. these will start featuring in the MY19 models.

Ozsko
04-08-2018, 12:21 PM
Duplicate post

Ozsko
04-08-2018, 12:27 PM
Every combination of engine & transmission in every model has to be tested under the new WLTP emission scheme. VW has been slack and has not progressed through this testing scheme as other manufacturers have so to get it done they have culled the model line hence the changes in the 2019 cars and a simpler model line with less combinations. The diesels got the chop because they are the hardest to deal with and present the simplest solution. In Europe customers are reporting that delivery quotes they have been given have been blown out by months from the original dates and there are a lot of unhappy people. I would expect the same to happen here as it seems to be a similar story for every market.

Jimi
04-08-2018, 02:38 PM
Could Volkswagen go as far as not even offering a MY19 Passat at all?

I’ve decided I don’t like the Tiguan.

Ozsko
05-08-2018, 12:29 AM
Maybe they will do what they have done with the Tiguan, limit the model line up and load each model with more stuff not previously available here and then persuade everyone they have done it after research from sales figures.

Ozsko
06-08-2018, 10:48 AM
A press release discussing vehicle production problems due to WLTP compliance.

VW struggles to meet WLTP standards because of skills shortage (http://europe.autonews.com/article/20180801/ANE/180809974/vw-struggles-to-meet-wltp-standards-because-of-skills-shortage)

limiteded
06-08-2018, 02:43 PM
Confirmed: All golf, passat, tiguan swb have diesel discontinued for my19, including alltracks

however the passat alltrack should return in diesel, dont know specifically when

Volkswagen to axe diesel cars in Australia - motoring.com.au (https://www.motoring.com.au/volkswagen-to-axe-diesel-cars-in-australia-113954/)

can anyone with access to a dealer bulletin find out if the passat attrack will come instead with a petrol, or is discontinued altogether for now.

doc_777
10-08-2018, 08:46 AM
VW have confirmed that the hiatus of diesel vehicle availability in Aus will be short - the reason being a backlog in their certification program:

VW diesel hiatus not forever | Drive.com.au (https://www.drive.com.au/motor-news/vw-diesel-hiatus-not-forever-119143.html?trackLink=homePageNews1)

Passat diesel sales will return later in 2019 for example...

limiteded
10-08-2018, 02:05 PM
Thats a positive that golf diesel will eventually return. Spoke to a dealer and they were confident the passat alltrack would be back soon enough. He said people have been emailing and ringing in dissapoint ment regarding the axing of diesel s in 2019.

the passat is due for a facelift within 12 months, i think its due to be revealed by november but we’ll see. So maybe the passat Alltrack will return facelifted.

also apparently dynaudio should become avaliable for the 206tsi for my19. But to be confirmed, and to be confirmed as standard or part of an option pack or option

Rocket36
15-08-2018, 11:22 AM
Dealers - ever the morons most people know they are and they try to deny.

The diesel market in Australia is HUGE and GROWING! There is no way diesel would be "discontinued" full stop end of story.

Wynnston
24-08-2018, 06:48 AM

The diesel market in Australia is HUGE and GROWING! There is no way diesel would be "discontinued" full stop end of story.

I think they want to introduce GTE models to Australia. Diesels are sold to the general Aussie based on fuel efficiency at a premium, it will be too confusing having two efficient but pricier options. If the GTE isn't successful then they can pretty easily switch back to diesel in a step revision.

Jimi
24-08-2018, 07:37 AM
I don’t think that’s their plan. Volkswagen Australia has been pretty vocal about committing to the full EVs due in a couple of years instead and having those sit alongside the regular models. Wait and see I guess.

Meanwhile we still have nothing confirmed about MY19. I’d love a Wolfsburg model before the facelift.

(2nd last para)

http://www.caradvice.com.au/678105/2019-volkswagen-passat-spied/

Ozsko
25-08-2018, 12:46 AM

Unfortunately the reality is we can only buy what is made and if diesels are not made then you don't buy. Anyone who has not been living under a rock in the last 12 months will know that diesels are being either legislated out of existence in Europe, totally banned from certain cities and also having punitive taxes applied to them. Manufacturers have openly said they are on the chopping block so get used to it.

Jimi
08-10-2018, 12:41 PM
Has anyone heard anything on this? I’m still surprised that we have nothing given Golf and Tiguan MY19 specs were announced ages ago.

I notice the drive away specials have been extended to 31 December.

I tried asking a dealer about this on the weekend but they had nothing which they said meant no change. I was sceptical, even if there were minimal changes I assume there’d be some sort of statement confirming that?

doc_777
08-10-2018, 01:14 PM
Unfortunately the reality is we can only buy what is made and if diesels are not made then you don't buy. Anyone who has not been living under a rock in the last 12 months will know that diesels are being either legislated out of existence in Europe, totally banned from certain cities and also having punitive taxes applied to them. Manufacturers have openly said they are on the chopping block so get used to it.

I know this is a late reply, however the problem with statements such as this is they are misleading in the extreme and hardly portray the ACTUAL situation with any clarity.

Euro 4 and 5 diesels - SOME jurisdictions are applying usage rules which includes outright bans in RESTRICTED AREAS of some cities, UNLESS the vehicle’s emissions technology is upgraded. But they CAN be upgraded... pre-2009 vehicle’s are affected badly, and realistically it’s probably not a bad thing - their particulate emissions are/were huge.

However current generation vehicles (Euro 6 and greater)with particulate filters that meet emissions laws are not affected. So diesel vehicle sales continue despite the doom and gloom from some...

most tellingly, Bosch (who make a motza from fuel control and emissions tech) have numerous public statements saying they will continue to invest in diesel tech, because they see the market continuing... Remember - auto manufacturers do not develop their own injection or emissions control tech - they buy it in from the big players like Bosch, Denso etc

limiteded
11-10-2018, 04:05 PM
Has anyone heard anything on this? I’m still surprised that we have nothing given Golf and Tiguan MY19 specs were announced ages ago.

I notice the drive away specials have been extended to 31 December.

I tried asking a dealer about this on the weekend but they had nothing which they said meant no change. I was sceptical, even if there were minimal changes I assume there’d be some sort of statement confirming that?

The online configurator has been updated today, with the following observations:
- passat colour harvard blue has been replaced with atlantic blue for all avaliable models
- passat interior option for 132tsi comfortline is to have st tropez vienna leather and trim
- can only configure a passat alltrack wolfsburg now

- golf modellines reflect my19 spec detailed elsewhere
- golf alltrack base has nav standard now, with sound and vision pack an option, da pack still option
- golf alltrack premium 132tsi has driver assist pack now standard, like golf highlines
- gti atlantic blue replaces dark iron blue

- tiguan swb modellines reflect my19 spec detailed elsewhere
-tiguan wheels for comfortline and highline now match tiguan allspace wheels
- tiguan atlantic blue replaces Caribbean blue

- polo reef blue avaliable

Jimi
11-10-2018, 08:54 PM
Good pick up. It looks like the 206 has a similar titanium black/st tropez seat to the Comfortline (albeit a different pattern). I'm not sure that's correct. The pictures still look like the old ones and the brochure is still the one from May. At least things are moving.

Jimi
16-10-2018, 03:29 PM
Here is the answer. Not much to it. Similar changes for the Arteon and Tiguan Allspace, too (the pages I was sent included them)

thomsogl
25-10-2018, 08:06 AM
Took delivery of a new MY19 Passat Wagon 132TSi Comfortline with R-Line package yesterday. Does anyone know why adding the R-line package deletes the automatic opening and closing of the tailgate? I was under impression that it was only the "Easy Open function" of the automatic opening and closing tailgate that would be missing rather than no automatic opening and closing at all.

Jimi
25-10-2018, 12:00 PM
I was under the impression that the only difference was the lack of a sensor for using the foot-kick to open (due to the different bodywork). Is it more than that?

My 206 is due in a couple of weeks

stinx2001
25-10-2018, 04:43 PM
Our MY18 206 wagon has the automatic opening/closing. Might be a 132tsi or MY19 thing??

thomsogl
25-10-2018, 07:33 PM
Not sure if it is an MY19 thing. According to the spec sheet the 206 keeps the automatic opening (without easy open).

The 132 Comfortline without R-line package comes with automatic tailgate with easy open. However, adding the R-Line package to the 132 Comfortline results in a manual tailgate. Makes no sense to me that you pay for an optional package and then loose a useful feature!

zzc2010
26-10-2018, 12:38 AM
Not sure if it is an MY19 thing. According to the spec sheet the 206 keeps the automatic opening (without easy open).

The 132 Comfortline without R-line package comes with automatic tailgate with easy open. However, adding the R-Line package to the 132 Comfortline results in a manual tailgate. Makes no sense to me that you pay for an optional package and then loose a useful feature!

It is like that since Passat B8 released in Australia. Too low for the sensor to sense I think. Also, the Rline package has a different rear bumper. No place to put the sensor.

P_132TSI_Rline
29-10-2018, 08:35 PM
I have MY18 vw Passat wagon 132 TSI COMFORTLINE with Rline/Luxury package with automatic tailgate opening. On the key fob double press the boot button to open or close. As well pressing VW on tailgate or from the drivers door button.
Maybe try again or just give dealer a call and you will know right away.

thomsogl
30-10-2018, 09:29 AM
I have MY18 vw Passat wagon 132 TSI COMFORTLINE with Rline/Luxury package with automatic tailgate opening. On the key fob double press the boot button to open or close. As well pressing VW on tailgate or from the drivers door button.
Maybe try again or just give dealer a call and you will know right away.

Thanks. It is interesting that yours has an automatic tailgate. The dealer has confirmed mine does not have automatic tailgate. Looking at the spec sheet, it has a P (=part of optional package) next to the automatic opening and closing of tailgate without easy open function. Maybe this forms part of the luxury package which mine does not have but that yours does have?

Another thing I have noticed is that whilst my car has keyless comfort start, it does not have keyless entry and exit (keyless access). Again, it appears as though the Comfortline without R-Line package has keyless access, however, if R-line packages is added, then keyless access is removed! This is confirmed by looking closely at the VW pictures when you "build" the models on the VW website - on the Comfortline without R-line package the slight indentation on the driver door handle is noticeable which is the keyless access sensor. When the R-line package is added, that slight indentation on the driver's door handle disappears.

So adding the R-line package in my case, resulted in the automatic tailgate and keyless access being removed!!

P_132TSI_Rline
30-10-2018, 12:58 PM
I purchased mine as a Dealer demo with 2000 km on the clock. It has as well key less entry/lock and what is great it is on all four doors.
Its a bummer but you still have a great car mate.
Not sure if you have the cargo separeting net that splits cabin from boot area and hooks up in to the celling!

thomsogl
31-10-2018, 07:51 AM
I purchased mine as a Dealer demo with 2000 km on the clock. It has as well key less entry/lock and what is great it is on all four doors.
Its a bummer but you still have a great car mate.
Not sure if you have the cargo separeting net that splits cabin from boot area and hooks up in to the celling!

Lucky you!! I agree - it is an absolutely fantastic car!! I did get the cargo net - I see the back seats can be folded flat and the cargo net attached to the back of the flat seats and then into hooks up in the ceiling just behind the drivers seat.

Jubas
31-10-2018, 09:52 AM
On the key fob double press the boot button to open or close.

Interesting.. my MY18 Comfortline doesn't seem to have that functionality. I wonder if it's enabled through a menu option?

limiteded
31-10-2018, 10:42 AM
Thanks. It is interesting that yours has an automatic tailgate. The dealer has confirmed mine does not have automatic tailgate. Looking at the spec sheet, it has a P (=part of optional package) next to the automatic opening and closing of tailgate without easy open function. Maybe this forms part of the luxury package which mine does not have but that yours does have?

Another thing I have noticed is that whilst my car has keyless comfort start, it does not have keyless entry and exit (keyless access). Again, it appears as though the Comfortline without R-Line package has keyless access, however, if R-line packages is added, then keyless access is removed! This is confirmed by looking closely at the VW pictures when you "build" the models on the VW website - on the Comfortline without R-line package the slight indentation on the driver door handle is noticeable which is the keyless access sensor. When the R-line package is added, that slight indentation on the driver's door handle disappears.

So adding the R-line package in my case, resulted in the automatic tailgate and keyless access being removed!!

i would be seeking precise clarification on why these changes occured and when/what production week. Vw aust are pretty poor at correctly/accurately updating their spec sheets and brochures, dealer buletins are meant to be the precise information.

if youve also lost keyless access due to optional r line pack, i would be seeking compensation as communication of this deletion is not existant.

P_132TSI_Rline
01-11-2018, 02:17 PM
Under vehicle setting/locking
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2018/11/20181101151138-1.jpg (https://postimages.org/)

rave75
06-11-2018, 03:56 PM
So you can also close the boot with remote & button on the driver's door? Mine's can open but not close.

doc_777
06-11-2018, 05:44 PM
So you can also close the boot with remote & button on the driver's door? Mine's can open but not close.

wagon? Mine you can....both the buttons you mention

Jubas
07-11-2018, 01:39 PM
Interesting.. my MY18 Comfortline doesn't seem to have that functionality. I wonder if it's enabled through a menu option?

So it turns out, if I *hold* the boot button on the key fob, the boot will open.. *not* double clicking it. Now to try closing

P_132TSI_Rline
07-11-2018, 08:03 PM
Yes I can close and open with key fob and button on drivers door.

Jimi
14-11-2018, 03:28 PM
Picked up my MY19 today. First impressions are generally pretty good, clouded by a buzz in the door between 2,000 and 3,000 RPM (loose wire?) and some pretty poor attempts at prepping the car - I’m going to have to spend a couple of hundred bucks on additional paint correction to fix it before the Opticoat goes on according to the detailer

AzzaC
15-11-2018, 12:30 PM
Any tricks on closing using the button on drivers door in the wagon?

I've found that the closing of the boot with the fob (long hold) can be temperamental depending on the position of the cargo blind.

doc_777
15-11-2018, 12:38 PM
Any tricks on closing using the button on drivers door in the wagon?

I've found that the closing of the boot with the fob (long hold) can be temperamental depending on the position of the cargo blind.

no ‘trick’ that i’ve discovered. Use the button, the wagon closes.

With Th regards to the button on the key fob, the biggest issue I’ve found is being close enough to the car - these fobs don’t have a very long range (but the flip side is, that’s a plus for security). I can’t say I’ve ever noticed the position of the cargo blind affecting whether or not the wagon closes.