PDA

View Full Version : Arteon Spotted

DreamensioN
11-05-2018, 04:08 PM
So I live around Brisbane, and I've owned my car since December 27th. I've seen 1 other Arteon on the road in almost 6 months - a Tumeric Yellow one and it was around Toowong.

Is it just me - is everyone here like the 3 or 4 owners in all of Australia? LOL

Seriously though - I just don't see as many as I thought I would.

Rooboy
11-05-2018, 04:14 PM
I've only seen a couple of Arteons on the road but I don't think that's unusual for a low volume model. Holden Equinox has been on sale since November and I'm just starting to see more of those on the road now even though they've been selling 200-500 per month.

HiddenTaco
11-05-2018, 08:03 PM
So I live around Brisbane, and I've owned my car since December 27th. I've seen 1 other Arteon on the road in almost 6 months - a Tumeric Yellow one and it was around Toowong.

Is it just me - is everyone here like the 3 or 4 owners in all of Australia? LOL

Ha, only the select few (aka suckers) have bought one.

I've seen more CCs since I got mine.

Blackpaladin67
12-05-2018, 11:54 AM
Ive seen around 6 in total so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nermal
13-05-2018, 10:17 AM
Ive seen around 6 in total so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've seen 1 or 2 in Brisbane (peak hour city driving). It was dark when I saw the 2nd one, wasn't certain if it was actually an Arteon or not.

I've been interested in getting one, but would be waiting for a V6... but given the timeline for that, it's probably worth holding out a little longer for something electric instead.

Rooboy
28-05-2018, 06:59 PM
Interestingly, I saw 2 black Arteons parked within 1km of each other on the streets around Fitzroy a couple of weekends ago.

jayel86
05-06-2018, 10:16 PM
i saw 1 on road beside mine since Feb 18. it seems more rare than lambo or ferrari..

LRDV8R
07-06-2018, 07:46 PM
I'm enjoying being 'unique' for a while with my arteon... even had a guy jump out with a camera at a set of lights, take a profile shot of the car, gimme a thumbs up and jump back in his car before the lights changed! Ferrari attention on a volkswagen budget!

DreamensioN
07-06-2018, 08:56 PM
IFerrari attention on a volkswagen budget!

Haha...but the following scenario....

"Nice ride, what's the retail on one of those?"

"More than you can afford...…Volkswagen"

...just doesn't have the same ring to it.

Rocket36
18-06-2018, 09:08 AM
It's simply a matter of in the price point they're sold at, there are more popular options... And people shopping for that sort of car probably don't even consider VW to be a maker/seller of such an animal.

The residual values are already tanking too. They're going to be fantastic value one owner cars!

DreamensioN
18-06-2018, 07:12 PM
The residual values are already tanking too.

This is why I'm glad I got the guaranteed buy back price thing with the finance. If the price goes through the floor, I know I'll get a minimum price back from VW. Or if it went the other way and they hold value, then I simply buy it out for the buy back price and sell for a profit.

MrAskani
09-05-2019, 01:23 PM
First weekend I had mine (last weekend) I was at Toowong and drove past a gent in the exact same Arteon as mine. Atlantic Blue, S&S package etc. Nice and shiny like mine too. We laughed and pointed at each other. Awkward.

HiddenTaco
15-05-2019, 10:23 PM
In the last week I've noticed 2 other Arteons in my area. One twin to my car at Aldi Arndell Park and a red one near St Martin's Village.